Thread: KC to a Host a Super Bowl

Default KC to a Host a Super Bowl

On March 7, 1993 I was interviewed on the Kansas City Sports Machine. It had to do with my ideas on "Cold Weather" NFL cities hosting a Super Bowl and bringing back Instant Replay in a modified form. I have attached the link to youtube where 3 minutes of that interview now can be seen. I'm glad Instant Replay returned and I hope one day the NFL will allow a city like Kansas City to host a Super Bowl!

You're a great city Kansas City good luck!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTOO-rE-8is

Default Re: KC to a Host a Super Bowl

I guess I'm most surprised that there is a clip on YouTube from the Kansas City Sports Machine from 14 years ago.

You can find anything on the net.

You sure can coach, hard telling what will show up on youtube, I do like the thought of a Super Bowl in KC, especially if the Chiefs play in it, Wow, Chief heaven, (grin).

8-) :pint:
    Go Chiefs Eleven, win
    in 2007!!:fighting0068:

kenny1937 wrote:
    You sure can coach, hard telling what will show up on youtube, I do like the thought of a Super Bowl in KC, especially if the Chiefs play in it, Wow, Chief heaven, (grin).

8-) :pint:
    This will not happen unless a roof is put over the stadium because a cold weather venue will not generate the kind of revenue for the NFL that a warm weather venue will.

Oh, and welcome aboard KChostaSB! :-D

Chiefster wrote:

This will not happen unless a roof is put over the stadium because a cold weather venue will not generate the kind of revenue for the NFL that a warm weather venue will.

Agreed about having to have a dome in order to host a superbowl. I live in Detroit and we hosted the SuperBowl last year. Trust me it was cold outside, but inside the brand new dome, you would have never known.

Arrowhead won't host a SB as it stands today. However, it would be cool to see a superbowl played in the snow.

Thanks for the welcome, I appreciate it. You know I still believe if they actually tried a Cold weather Super Bowl in KC, or Green Bay or the new stadiums in Pittsburg, Philadelphia or New England revenues for advertising may actually be higher because of the fact that viewership of the game will be higher because it may snow or the fact that it is football and it's football weather and fans may enjoy watching that kind of game in their warm homes or bars. If the NFL was smart they would poll fans to see if having A Super Bowl at a Cold Weather city would be something fans would want to watch. Are the ratings down in the NFC or AFC Championship games because they are played for example in Chicago, New England, Pittsburg, Philadelphia or New York, of course not. How about when Vinitari kicked the game winning field goal against the Raiders in the AFC Championship game in New England a few years ago in the snow and off the snow on the field how great was that? Imagine if that was in a Super Bowl? I just want the NFL to give a Cold Weather, non dome team, a shot at hosting a Super Bowl. I guess Philly, Pittsburg Chicago, New England and Seattle should have domed their new stadiums. Yet the Falcons play in a dome, ironic no?

admin wrote:
    Chiefster wrote:

Agreed about having to have a dome in order to host a superbowl. I live in Detroit and we hosted the SuperBowl last year. Trust me it was cold outside, but inside the brand new dome, you would have never known.

Arrowhead won't host a SB as it stands today. However, it would be cool to see a superbowl played in the snow.

Agreed! That would be awesome.

KChostaSB wrote:
    Thanks for the welcome, I appreciate it. You know I still believe if they actually tried a Cold weather Super Bowl in KC, or Green Bay or the new stadiums in Pittsburg, Philadelphia or New England revenues for advertising may actually be higher because of the fact that viewership of the game will be higher because it may snow or the fact that it is football and it's football weather and fans may enjoy watching that kind of game in their warm homes or bars. If the NFL was smart they would poll fans to see if having A Super Bowl at a Cold Weather city would be something fans would want to watch. Are the ratings down in the NFC or AFC Championship games because they are played for example in Chicago, New England, Pittsburg, Philadelphia or New York, of course not. How about when Vinitari kicked the game winning field goal against the Raiders in the AFC Championship game in New England a few years ago in the snow and off the snow on the field how great was that? Imagine if that was in a Super Bowl? I just want the NFL to give a Cold Weather, non dome team, a shot at hosting a Super Bowl. I guess Philly, Pittsburg Chicago, New England and Seattle should have domed their new stadiums. Yet the Falcons play in a dome, ironic no?
    Â…Ironic; yes. I think you make an interesting point and a valid argument. However, there are a few other things to consider; for one, would the NFL be able to book big name half time entertainment? Me personally I think the Super Bowl could really do with a little less half time pageantry, but that's just me. I mean I really could have done without Janet JacksonÂ’s wardrobe malfunction or the lousy sound that has become the Rolling Stones, but for some reason the NFL feels as if this is an intricate part of the Super Bowl as we have come to know it. Would those people who could afford the price of a Super Bowl ticket really sit in a cold weather venue? Who's to say?

Good post! :hammer: