Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: I lied.

Default I lied.

I said in another post that I wasn't going to buy tickets for any more Chiefs' games until after we got a playoff win...

I went to the game yesterday. It was cold. We lost... Enough said.

No matter how disappointed I get, I can't seem to make myself stay away. I guess I'm a sucker for punishment.

I really hope we make some noise next year and go deep in the playoffs. It really sucks that we are going to be required to wait until next year for another shot at it.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by luv View Post
    PS. Yes, I know I'm moody. I tend to overreact. It's part of who I am. Take it with a grain of salt. If you can't do that, there's an ignore feature around here somewhere. While I go overboard in expressing an opinion, I really don't feel like arguing as of late. Sorry if that's what you are trying to get me to do.
    Not trying to get you to argue at all. I am one who gets sick of all of the positivity when there is almost nothing to be positive about!!! Yea, Allen is having a great year. Smith looks pretty good. Bowe seems to be the real deal. Outside of those, I'm not sure anything else can be spoke of in a positive manner reguarding this team!!

So, to reply to an earlier post, yes, I guess some of us have been to so many games and seen so much of this **** that they are fielding as of late, that we are fed up and are tired of it!

We are damn near last in points per game, total yds per game, passing yds per gam and rushing yds per game!! Not much to be positive about there!! We have only been TO the playoff 3 times in the last 10 years and last year was a gift. I'll take it but a gift none the less.

I don't want to ignore anyone because everyone has some good posts but damn, I know the glass in your world is half full but at some point, the water will evaporate!!

Quote Originally Posted by luv View Post
    Are you okay?

I'm fine now; I just have to remember to not post right after a miserable loss. :)

Quote Originally Posted by sues70 View Post
    Thanks Luv. I was really feeling guilty about loving the game so much. I wish everybody could have the same feeling again of going to their very first game. Have you all been to so many that you can't even get excited about it anymore. Even though I was about the only one still in my section at the end of the game, I loved every second. You can't get that excitement sitting at home.
    I still yelled myself hoarse Sunday but in answer to your question:

YES, I have become quite jaded in regards to the Chiefs for the following reasons:

We haven't won a playoff game since 1994.

Peterson can be tied to an endless stream of draft-day mistakes yet he has the longest current tenure of any GM with any NFL team.

Until Brodie Croyle, the Chiefs seemed to be scouting their QB talent in retirement homes.

Prices have steadily increased.

Jackson county taxpayers are helping to rennovate a stadium that hosts a team that has left much to be desired for more than a decade.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post

We are damn near last in points per game, total yds per game, passing yds per gam and rushing yds per game!! Not much to be positive about there!! We have only been TO the playoff 3 times in the last 10 years and last year was a gift. I'll take it but a gift none the less.

I don't want to ignore anyone because everyone has some good posts but damn, I know the glass in your world is half full but at some point, the water will evaporate!!
    We got a good defense...half the glass is full to me. If we can't score it sure is fun watching the defense knock some people around. I don't honestly care if you don;t like my glass is half full attitude. But I guess there are things that I like to watch on Sundays. We are 4-8, am I supposed to stop watching them and ***** and complain all season and talk about what is wrong. There will be plenty of time gor that in the offseason. Right now I have a team to cheer for!!

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    We got a good defense...half the glass is full to me. If we can't score it sure is fun watching the defense knock some people around. I don't honestly care if you don;t like my glass is half full attitude. But I guess there are things that I like to watch on Sundays. We are 4-8, am I supposed to stop watching them and ***** and complain all season and talk about what is wrong. There will be plenty of time gor that in the offseason. Right now I have a team to cheer for!!
    Kind of I guess. We have given up almost 250 points! Probably only 11 or 12 teams that have given up more.

I know where your comin from but we aren't as good as we were earlier this year.

Like I said before, I'm not as disappointed as some becuase I expected this season to go this way.

We got a good defense...half the glass is full to me...
    ...Coors or Bud???

Just to put another perspective on this (read my signature)...at least you guys are getting to watch Tony Gonzalez continue to excel and hopefully finish his career in KC. I on the other hand enjoyed the glory years of my team, but then had to watch most of the best players finish their careers in other uniforms (Montana, Craig, Rice, Lott, and Watters come to mind off the top of my head) The only real star who didn't get run off was Steve Young, and he likely would've if his career hadn't been shortened by injury.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    ...Coors or Bud???
    I thought your glass was always Diet Coke...
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    Just to put another perspective on this (read my signature)...at least you guys are getting to watch Tony Gonzalez continue to excel and hopefully finish his career in KC. I on the other hand enjoyed the glory years of my team, but then had to watch most of the best players finish their careers in other uniforms (Montana, Craig, Rice, Lott, and Watters come to mind off the top of my head) The only real star who didn't get run off was Steve Young, and he likely would've if his career hadn't been shortened by injury.
    Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    I thought your glass was always Diet Coke...
    It is, but Canada's is always beer.

Exactly!!!

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast