Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Are We Lucky or What!

Default Are We Lucky or What!

Getting into Ally Oop's time machine and traveling back to that great year 1989. (last century) we have a new Team President and GM, Mr. Carl Peterson, a new Head Coach, Marty Schottenhiemer, a new Defensive Coordinator Bill Cowher, a new Defensive Back Coach Tony Dungy, and in 1990, we get a Player Scout Coach and Defensive Back Coach, Herman Edwards, (who is a close friend to Mr. Peterson), UH OH! we have just been beamed back to January 29, 2007, and guess what, We still have Herm!! I wonder who else we can get in this time machine? (grin)

8-) :pint:
    Go Chiefs Eleven, win
    in 2007!!:fighting0068:

Default Re: Are We Lucky or What!

kenny1937 wrote:
    Hmmmmm!! How close to retirement is he? Just want to know how long I can have fun posting about him (grin).

Cmon now be honest, what would we do if we didn't have Mr. Peterson to kick around!! (grin)

Or maybe we could get transferred to the NFL, where we could probably go 14-2, and make it into the Super Bowl, with the GM, Coaches, and Team we have right now, grin, just a thought.

Ummmm, win more then one playoff game????

Well we were one of the six teams that made the playoffs. that means that a lot of teams didn't, we must have done a little something right. We weren't the only team that didn't make the Super Bowl, four other teams had to go home also, so in my estimation the season was not a total bust, making the playoffs is a start, we have the chance of going deeper in the playoffs, and even making the big dance this season, we can always look forward to that, grin!!

Go Chiefs Eleven, win

kenny1937 wrote:
    Well we were one of the six teams that made the playoffs. that means that a lot of teams didn't, we must have done a little something right. We weren't the only team that didn't make the Super Bowl, four other teams had to go home also, so in my estimation the season was not a total bust, making the playoffs is a start, we have the chance of going deeper in the playoffs, and even making the big dance this season, we can always look forward to that, grin!!

Â…A long shot at best; we eeked in by the skin of the skin of our teeth having been fortunate enough to be the recipient of the corporation of three or four other teams. Herm correctly stated that "...someone else [was] doing our job for us". I said back in December that if we were lucky enough to get into the playoffs we would be one and done; I'm tired of the token playoff appearance.

I prefer to look on the positive side, we made the playoffs, we made it playing in the toughest league, the AFL, we lost to the team that went on to win the Super Bowl, and we get the 23rd draft pick, grin, see how positive we can be. Bring on the 2007 season!!

GO CHIEFS :hammer: The AFL WEST!!

Go Chiefs Eleven, win

kenny1937 wrote:
    I prefer to look on the positive side, we made the playoffs, we made it playing in the toughest league, the AFL, we lost to the team that went on to win the Super Bowl, and we get the 23rd draft pick, grin, see how positive we can be. Bring on the 2007 season!!

GO CHIEFS :hammer: The AFL WEST!!

So you're saying that the empty glass is half full. I'll be optimistic when I see something to be optimistic about; it's simply not going to happen with Herm and the Queen.

Chiefster Quote:
    So you're saying that the empty glass is half full. I'll be optimistic when I see something to be optimistic about; it's simply not going to happen with Herm and the Queen.

Grin, No an empty glass is not half full, it has nothing, we have something, a team with potential, playing in the tougher of the two leagues, a wait and see draft selections, what may come from free agency, the glass has something in it, how much will be determined opening day of the 2007 season, in the meantime I will remain hopeful that our glass may run over, grin, It could happen.

Go Chiefs Eleven, win

kenny1937 wrote:
    Chiefster Quote:

Grin, No an empty glass is not half full, it has nothing, we have something, a team with potential, playing in the tougher of the two leagues, a wait and see draft selections, what may come from free agency, the glass has something in it, how much will be determined opening day of the 2007 season, in the meantime I will remain hopeful that our glass may run over, grin, It could happen.

Quoting movie lines from Walt Disney shows doesn't help your case.
    The point I'm making is that I, as well as all Chiefs Fans, have 18 years of disappointment in which to validate the point I made earlier about the Queen and there is no reason, IMO, to think that next year will be any different. The glass is, indeed, empty. IMO

...You and I may need to agree to disagree on this matter.
    :-D

Quoting lines from a Walt Disney Show?, It has been a while since I have seen one, which one was I quoting from, I thought that I was quoting a quote from your post.(grin) Anyway, I am not disagreeing, I am just trying to be positive about our future, when you hit bottom, the only way you can go is up. So I am believing that we are now on the upswing. Grin.

Go Chiefs Eleven, win

kenny1937 wrote:

-Angels In the Outfield
    :-D

I guess we could use some angels on the offense espeacially on the line, some BIG angels, ones that will give our QB some operating room. I havn't seen that movie this century, I forgot that "it could happen" was a line from that movie. Oh well, we can have fun posting anyway, grin.

Go Chiefs Eleven, win

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast