Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Are We Lucky or What!

Default Are We Lucky or What!

Getting into Ally Oop's time machine and traveling back to that great year 1989. (last century) we have a new Team President and GM, Mr. Carl Peterson, a new Head Coach, Marty Schottenhiemer, a new Defensive Coordinator Bill Cowher, a new Defensive Back Coach Tony Dungy, and in 1990, we get a Player Scout Coach and Defensive Back Coach, Herman Edwards, (who is a close friend to Mr. Peterson), UH OH! we have just been beamed back to January 29, 2007, and guess what, We still have Herm!! I wonder who else we can get in this time machine? (grin)

8-) :pint:
    Go Chiefs Eleven, win
    in 2007!!:fighting0068:

Quote Originally Posted by kenny1937 View Post
    I just hope we can raise sail and get into port, tired of watching other ships sail into Super Bowl Port.
    Yeah, me too.

Smile

Unless the problems with the Offense is addressed, as we have all stated in past posts, the discussions are all academic, we will win our fair share of games, just enough to give everybody hope for next season, and then a playoff game or two, maybe, and that will be it, there is no five year plan, just play good enough to keep the folks (you know, the ones P. T. Barnum says are borned every minute) laying down their hard earned cash to buy overpriced tickets. I don't see things changing with this bunch. IMHO.
    Go Chiefs Eleven, win

Unless the problems with the Offense is addressed, as we have all stated in past posts, the discussions are all academic, we will win our fair share of games, just enough to give everybody hope for next season, and then a playoff game or two, maybe, and that will be it, there is no five year plan, just play good enough to keep the folks (you know, the ones P. T. Barnum says are borned every minute) laying down their hard earned cash to buy overpriced tickets. I don't see things changing with this bunch. IMHO.
    Those are true loyal fans that are begining to feel that way more and more every year, and it will eventually come back to bite the Hunts and Queen Carl in the backside.

Smile

They will just move the franchise to another big city, get a new stadium out of the deal, the bottom line is we can't win, depending on where they move the franchise to, we will be stuck with the Rams, or the (gag) Cowboys!!
    So I would rather have my Chiefs, and put up with the nonsense.
    Go Chiefs Eleven, win

They will just move the franchise to another big city, get a new stadium out of the deal, the bottom line is we can't win, depending on where they move the franchise to, we will be stuck with the Rams, or the (gag) Cowboys!!
    So I would rather have my Chiefs, and put up with the nonsense.

BLASPEMY!!! :sign0148:

I think that there are some positives to take from this season. The glass isn't entirely empty.....yet. The Chiefs' organization has, definitely, noticed the need for a starting LT. The defense has made some big strides toward becoming a "top tier" group. The running game is still very strong, and a improved play-calling should make it even tougher. I'm not certain what percentage of the glass is filled, but I know that we have something in it. (Would you like to trade glasses with the Raiders?)

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I think that there are some positives to take from this season. The glass isn't entirely empty.....yet. The Chiefs' organization has, definitely, noticed the need for a starting LT. The defense has made some big strides toward becoming a "top tier" group. The running game is still very strong, and a improved play-calling should make it even tougher. I'm not certain what percentage of the glass is filled, but I know that we have something in it. (Would you like to trade glasses with the Raiders?)
    I fear that what we do have, until all the holes are filled, will equal another tough season ahead for Chiefs fans.
    Last edited by Chiefster; 03-03-2007 at 04:39 PM.

Smile

I fear that you are right Chiefster, sigh, where is that waterboy when you need him. (grin)

:1374: :character00249: :1374: :hyper:
    Go Chiefs Eleven, win

Smile

I agree with you chief31, sometimes when you are discouraged, you tend to forget the positives, and we have some, realistically you can't expect to address every need in a single season, and like you said, we do have something in the glass, more so than a lot of teams, so Mr. Peterson has done some good things, so yes, our glass has more than the faiders, and I think that they would like to have our glass rather than theirs, the only thing I wish we had, is their spot on the draft pick.

:mango: :band23: So pay attention Carl!! (grin)
    Last edited by kenny1937; 03-06-2007 at 03:09 PM. Reason: correct misstyped words
    Go Chiefs Eleven, win

...(Would you like to trade glasses with the Raiders?)
    Normally I would say yes to this just to get the draft spot, but Carl wouldn't know what to do with it.

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast