Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Are We Lucky or What!

Default Are We Lucky or What!

Getting into Ally Oop's time machine and traveling back to that great year 1989. (last century) we have a new Team President and GM, Mr. Carl Peterson, a new Head Coach, Marty Schottenhiemer, a new Defensive Coordinator Bill Cowher, a new Defensive Back Coach Tony Dungy, and in 1990, we get a Player Scout Coach and Defensive Back Coach, Herman Edwards, (who is a close friend to Mr. Peterson), UH OH! we have just been beamed back to January 29, 2007, and guess what, We still have Herm!! I wonder who else we can get in this time machine? (grin)

8-) :pint:
    Go Chiefs Eleven, win
    in 2007!!:fighting0068:

Default Re: Are We Lucky or What!

kenny1937 wrote:
    Getting into Ally Oop's time machine and traveling back to that great year 1989. (last century) we have a new Team President and GM, Mr. Carl Peterson, a new Head Coach, Marty Schottenhiemer, a new Defensive Coordinator Bill Cowher, a new Defensive Back Coach Tony Dungy, and in 1990, we get a Player Scout Coach and Defensive Back Coach, Herman Edwards, (who is a close friend to Mr. Peterson), UH OH! we have just been beamed back to January 29, 2007, and guess what, We still have Herm!! I wonder who else we can get in this time machine? (grin)

I'll pass; living in the here and now is tough enough. I don't think I wanna relive the past 18 years.

My point exactly, Mr. Peterson would ressurect the pasts coaches, pasts offenses and defenses, he is satisfied in teasing the fans with teams almost good enough to make the playoffs, or comes close to make the playoffs, because like Tex Mars of the old Dallas Cowboy regime it makes money and fills the stands without spending what is needed to go to the next level, and if we do make the next level it will be because of lucky breaks and being on the right football field at the right time. It is a win win situation for him, but not so win win for us. Sigh, I guess I have said enough.

Go Chiefs Eleven, win

kenny1937 wrote:
    My point exactly, Mr. Peterson would ressurect the pasts coaches, pasts offenses and defenses, he is satisfied in teasing the fans with teams almost good enough to make the playoffs, or comes close to make the playoffs, because like Tex Mars of the old Dallas Cowboy regime it makes money and fills the stands without spending what is needed to go to the next level, and if we do make the next level it will be because of lucky breaks and being on the right football field at the right time. It is a win win situation for him, but not so win win for us. Sigh, I guess I have said enough.

Yep! It's all about the $$$

Yeah, well, just for the heck of it.....

Vermiel - Head Coach
    Cowher - Defensive Coordinator
    Saunders - Offensive Coordinator

O-line - Roaf; Waters; Wiegmann; Shields; Tait (yes, the entire '04 line.) Nothing against guys like Alt and Grunhard, I think that the '04 group was the most talented group, ever assembled.

Trent Green is my quarterback. Since I wasn't watching in Dawsons day, and Rich Gannon didn't get the chance, here, in K.C.

Gimmee Priest and Marcus Allen at halfback.

T-Rich is the obvious fullback choice. Since Okoye was a halfback.

Tony Gonzales - DUHH!!!!

Let me have Stephone Paige; Andre Rison; and I'll need Dante Hall for the return game.

How 'bout this pair of DE's? Jared Allen and Neil Smith.

DT I loved the combo of Dan Saleaumua, with Bill Maas.

D.T. and D.J. are my OLB's.

Trcy Simien is the only choice for MLB.

My two CB's would be Albert Lewis and James Hasty. (honorable mention for Ty Law here.)

For safties I take Deron Cherry and Sammy Knight.

Again, I didn't see Stenerud play, so Nick Lowery kicks for me and I like Colquitt to punt.

This is the best that I can do, since I missed the earlier teams. But, I was bored and this is the result.

chief31 wrote:
    Yeah, well, just for the heck of it.....

Vermiel - Head Coach
    Cowher - Defensive Coordinator
    Saunders - Offensive Coordinator

O-line - Roaf; Waters; Wiegmann; Shields; Tait (yes, the entire '04 line.) Nothing against guys like Alt and Grunhard, I think that the '04 group was the most talented group, ever assembled.

Trent Green is my quarterback. Since I wasn't watching in Dawsons day, and Rich Gannon didn't get the chance, here, in K.C.

Gimmee Priest and Marcus Allen at halfback.

T-Rich is the obvious fullback choice. Since Okoye was a halfback.

Tony Gonzales - DUHH!!!!

Let me have Stephone Paige; Andre Rison; and I'll need Dante Hall for the return game.

How 'bout this pair of DE's? Jared Allen and Neil Smith.

DT I loved the combo of Dan Saleaumua, with Bill Maas.

D.T. and D.J. are my OLB's.

Trcy Simien is the only choice for MLB.

My two CB's would be Albert Lewis and James Hasty. (honorable mention for Ty Law here.)

For safties I take Deron Cherry and Sammy Knight.

Again, I didn't see Stenerud play, so Nick Lowery kicks for me and I like Colquitt to punt.

This is the best that I can do, since I missed the earlier teams. But, I was bored and this is the result.
    I like the way you think sir! That's a SB team right there! :-D

Now see Mr. Peterson, we have given you the help you need, now go out and get players who can play like the team chief31 has gathered and coaches likewise, and you can go to the Super Bowl next season, or let it be the same old thing and we suffer through another season barely making the playoffs and leaving the stadium after the first game, packing up for next year. I wonder if he is listening chief31?

Go Chiefs Eleven, win

kenny1937 wrote:
    Now see Mr. Peterson, we have given you the help you need, now go out and get players who can play like the team chief31 has gathered and coaches likewise, and you can go to the Super Bowl next season, or let it be the same old thing and we suffer through another season barely making the playoffs and leaving the stadium after the first game, packing up for next year. I wonder if he is listening chief31?

Wonder no more; he is NOT listening. Why in the world would he change an 18 year old habbit.

(Sigh) I guess you can't teach an old dog new tricks, (or so ive heard) (grin)

Go Chiefs Eleven, win

kenny1937 wrote:
    (Sigh) I guess you can't teach an old dog new tricks, (or so ive heard) (grin)

If only Queen Carl was a dog.

Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast