Thread: Webnews: Chiefs not optimistic theyll have a first-round grade o

Post Webnews: Chiefs not optimistic theyll have a first-round grade o

By Michael David Smith

The Chiefs own the 29th and 30th picks in Thursday night’s draft, but they’re not optimistic that a player with a first-round grade will still be available. Chiefs General Manager Brett Veach said the team has about 16 to 18 players with first-round grades, and it’s likely they’ll all be off the board when the [more] Read more…

and there is the leak that they will most liky trade up or take a position no one expects

Of all the information i've gathered only a handful of positions are really deep in this upcoming draft, WR, DE, CB, Safety and LB, i've only got first round grades on 3 or 4 WR this year, and really after Jamison Williams goes it's a huge dropoff. Next years draft is really loaded so I would hope if we can't find a player we want trade out of the first and accumulate picks for this and next year. We have the most picks this year at 12 picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    Of all the information i've gathered only a handful of positions are really deep in this upcoming draft, WR, DE, CB, Safety and LB, i've only got first round grades on 3 or 4 WR this year, and really after Jamison Williams goes it's a huge dropoff. Next years draft is really loaded so I would hope if we can't find a player we want trade out of the first and accumulate picks for this and next year. We have the most picks this year at 12 picks.
    given the chiefs willingness to take risk on player. I see them taking George Pickens.