View Poll Results: Should we take Deven Thompkins in a later round?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

1 100.00%
  • NO

0 0%

Thread: Why the Chiefs NEED to draft Deven Thompkins

Lightbulb Why the Chiefs NEED to draft Deven Thompkins

Who is Devin Thompkins? A receiver coming out of Utah State who posted 1,704 receiving yards (2nd in FBS) on 102 catches with 10 touchdowns in his only season played as a starter and is currently projected as a 7th round pick. Why have you never heard of this guy? He's listed at 5'8, 155 lbs and is criminally underrated. If you want to talk about a receiver who is day one ready then this would not be him. There's countless receivers in this draft who are going to far more ready as of week 1. Now, if you want to talk about potential, I think this guy blows any receiver in this draft out of the water. Being someone who's undersized, a big question is how will he fair against big physical NFL corners? The dude led the FBS in contested receiving yards. He runs a 4.35 and is an athletic freak. If you take a look at him going up for catches, it looks eerily similar to Tyreek Hill. He was a Biletnifkoff finalist this year, and by all accounts has great character. Once again, we've only gotten to see him play one season as a starter. I think his potential as a receiver is up there compared to other receivers in this draft. I'm not saying I think he should be taken in the early rounds, but if he's on the board past round 5 I think teams have made a mistake. He's projected as a 7th round pick so if the Chiefs find themselves picking in a late round with him on the board it should be a no brainer. With the genius of Andy Reid and our offensive scheme, it's a match made in heaven. Especially when we just lost our speed threat (yes we have Hardman I know but I'm not a fan). I'm shocked at the lack of attention he's getting and would love to hear your guys opinions.
    Last edited by qmcmahon; 04-27-2022 at 09:32 PM.