Thread: Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation Walk

Default Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation Walk

Thanks Mods for permission to post...

Hello Friends,

My family has been deeply touched by Juvenile (Type 1) Diabetes since my 2 year old (now 3) son was diagnosed in April. My wife and I have administered over 800 insulin injections in the last 6 months. We are participating in the JDRF fundraising walk on 11/3/2007 in Phoenix, AZ. There are walks all over the country for those who want to participate. For anyone who would like to support the efforts of our family, the link is in the letter attached.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This year, We will be taking part in the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation's Walk to Cure Diabetes along with a half-million other walkers across the country. The goal: To raise $100 million to help fund research for a cure for type 1 diabetes and its complications.

Type 1, or juvenile, diabetes, is a devastating, often deadly disease that affects millions of people--a large and growing percentage of them children.

Many people think type 1 diabetes can be controlled by insulin. While insulin does keep people with type 1 diabetes alive, it is NOT a cure. Aside from the daily challenges of living with type 1 diabetes, there are many severe, often fatal, complications caused by the disease.

That's the bad news... and yes, it's pretty bad.

The good news, though, is that a cure for type 1 diabetes is within reach. In fact, JDRF funding and leadership is associated with most major scientific breakthroughs in type 1 diabetes research to date. And JDRF funds a major portion of all type 1 diabetes research worldwide, more than any other charity.

We are writing to ask for your support because now more than ever, EACH of us can be a part of bringing about a cure. Each of us can make a real difference

Won't you please give to JDRF as generously as you're able?

Together, we can make the cure a reality.

Thank you,

Rich & Karen Bedgood

Please visit our Walk Web page if you would like to donate online or see how close we are to reaching our goal:

http://walk.jdrf.org/walker.cfm?id=86912689
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

both my parents have diabetes. Good cause.
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

Official thread killer I have heard.

Quote Originally Posted by sling58 View Post
    both my parents have diabetes. Good cause.
    My mom has it plus countless other serious health conditions caused by and associated with it.

So.....Bumb and stick! :)

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    My mom has it plus countless other serious health conditions caused by and associated with it.

So.....Bumb and stick! :)
    I am diabetic myself, so I'm on board.

It killed my father, so I guess I will get it too.

Cancer and diabetes have taken so many in my family it is hard to talk about.

I was trying to ignore this board in hopes I could block out the memories, but if awareness helps find a cure then I support it.

Good thread!
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post

I was trying to ignore this board in hopes I could block out the memories, but if awareness helps find a cure then I support it.

Good thread!
    Sorry for your loss HH.
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

Official thread killer I have heard.

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post

Good thread!
    Condolences HH!

Remember the good times my friend!

Thanks for the support guys...my wife and I were able to raise just over $1000 for the JDRF fundraiser...Mods, you can probably remove this from the sticky list.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    Thanks for the support guys...my wife and I were able to raise just over $1000 for the JDRF fundraiser...Mods, you can probably remove this from the sticky list.
    Will do bud; anytime you want to post something like this with a sticky, just let me know. :)