Thread: Webnews: Chiefs sign Clemson receiver Justyn Ross

Post Webnews: Chiefs sign Clemson receiver Justyn Ross

By Michael David Smith

Clemson wide receiver Justyn Ross, a onetime first-round prospect, has signed as an undrafted rookie with the Chiefs. Ross would have been a first-round draft pick in 2019 if the NFL allowed freshmen to enter the draft. He was the ACC’s leading receiver in 2018, and then he had six catches for 153 yards and [more] Read more…

Huge Risk but comes with Great Reward if healthy

I don't know if I would say it's a huge risk. I doubt it's a lot of money on the deal. Sorta a lets see what you got type deal and if it pays off then it's a huge Win
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I don't know if I would say it's a huge risk. I doubt it's a lot of money on the deal. Sorta a lets see what you got type deal and if it pays off then it's a huge Win
    is the most we can sign him for is like 351K. I am sure he has offers from other teams so this means he wants to play for us.

I would not doubt he is put on Nfi for one year, working out and getting healthy unless he is lights out now.

I said he is a huge Risk because of his Spinal Fusion Surgery and Foot Fracture. It was reported today that he has been Cleared for Football Activities. I also heard only 4 teams had him on there draft board. If not for his injuries he would've been a top 20 pick

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    I said he is a huge Risk because of his Spinal Fusion Surgery and Foot Fracture. It was reported today that he has been Cleared for Football Activities. I also heard only 4 teams had him on there draft board. If not for his injuries he would've been a top 20 pick
    I knew what you were talking about. I just don't think at what we got him for it's a risk at all. If we had drafted him in an early round it would have been a risk for sure. But an UFA I don't see as any risk just a high reward.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

IMO If Ross can be cleared to Play this year. Then he will Start on the Final 53. He is that talented.

Because of the UDFA contract the only risk I see is just the one Ross is willing to take himself (health). He was probably going to play for some team might as well be ours.