Thread: Giants at Eagles spread

Default Giants at Eagles spread

In this Sunday's game The New York Giants (8-4) play at Philadelphia (5-7). The line is Philly by 3. Now they give the home team 3 points for the home field advantage. So that means they're considering the Giants and Eagles to be evenly matched teams. This puzzles me since the Giants are 8-4 and the Eagles are 5-7. Additionally, earlier this year the Giants beat the Eagles 16-3 and Donovan McNabb (who is expected to play this Sunday) was sacked a whopping TWELVE times!
    I think the Giants should be 2 or 3 point road favorites. The only thing I can figure out is that Vegas is putting weight on the fact that the Eagles played New England a close game 2 weeks ago. And yet, Baltimore also took New England right down to the wire this past Monday and still they are 9.5 underdogs at home this week against Indi.
    Well hopefully the Eagles lose to the Giants and the silly coach Andy Reid (who said he still likes their playoff chances! And the Eagles have to go AT DALLAS the following week, HA!) will realize he and his team will be spectators for the playoffs.

GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!

I have no idea what the oddsmakers look at when deciding the spread.

I think they ask their moms advice!

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    I have no idea what the oddsmakers look at when deciding the spread.

I think they ask their moms advice!

HH...we all ask your mom's advice...

J/K. By the way I'd guess that the spread is based on the fact that Jacobs is still hurt, Ward the 2nd string RB was just put on IR, and Eli has been very inconsistent. And by the way, McNabb is supposed to be back for Philly.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    HH...we all ask your mom's advice...

J/K. By the way I'd guess that the spread is based on the fact that Jacobs is still hurt, Ward the 2nd string RB was just put on IR, and Eli has been very inconsistent. And by the way, McNabb is supposed to be back for Philly.

Another QB that T.O. made look good....

CANADA!!!!

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

CANADA!!!!

Yeah, just as good as he looked for three straight years prior to his arrival.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post

Are we talking about T.O.?

What arrival?

Andy Reid is a joke, and so is Parcells.

You don't make your talent conform to your view of the team, you let your team win because of the talent that it has.

I'm not much of a Schottenheimer fan by the way,

CANADA!!!!

Are we talking about T.O.?

What arrival?

Andy Reid is a joke, and so is Parcells.

You don't make your talent conform to your view of the team, you let your team win because of the talent that it has.

I'm not much of a Schottenheimer fan by the way,
    T.O made McNabb look every bit as good as he looked before T.O arrived in Philly.

T.O made McNabb look every bit as good as he looked before T.O arrived in Philly.
    That looks suspiciously like a palindrome!

And you're right McNabb has sucked without T.O.'s help.

That looks suspiciously like a palindrome!

And you're right McNabb has sucked without T.O.'s help.
    He was Pro-Bowler before TO. T.O. did one thing with the Eagles. He ripped a good team to pieces. Other than that, nothing.

Umm...just a point. The Eagles made it to the Super Bowl without TO (he was injured and returned for the Super Bowl.)

TO did have some big games during the regular season, and I don't think they'd have even been in the game if he hadn't had such a good game in the Super Bowl....but since his best game came in what turned out to be a loss his good was minimized and the damage wasn't minimized.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat