Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 97

Thread: Which thread will timssat1 screw up next????

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Posts
    1,852
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default Which thread will timssat1 screw up next????


    0 Not allowed!
    Get a clue bud!! Two things you should never talk about at the bar or in a public forum....Politics and religion.

  2. #31
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    900
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Aaahhh...



    HH, which of those two is you, and which is Chiefs31?

  3. #32
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    900
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by bryonc View Post
    I am not going to argue this on a football board with a brainwashed rushie. The economy sucks, gas has tripled, utility bills have doubled or more, the only reason unemployment looks good to people like you is that most of the unemployed took minimum wage jobs so they could try to eat, or they are no longer counted as unemployed because they have been for too long so they are removed. And yes I will vote democrat.

    Off my soapbox, and the very last of my political postings.
    only in America is someone known as being poor for making minimum wage.

    minimum wage in the majority of all the other countries is known as being blessed.

    republicans = free economy, free trade, less government interference, the way it should be.

    more government is never the answer.

  4. #33
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,330
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by timsatt1 View Post
    only in America is someone known as being poor for making minimum wage.

    minimum wage in the majority of all the other countries is known as being blessed.

    republicans = free economy, free trade, less government interference, the way it should be.

    more government is never the answer.
    No, it is known as having a crappy job. There is a rson it is called minimum wage. It is barely enough to survive.

  5. #34
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    900
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    No, it is known as having a crappy job. There is a rson it is called minimum wage. It is barely enough to survive.

    food water clothing and shelter ...plus a loving family is all you need in life. Us Americans, yes me included, have trouble comprehending this. I know we feel like we need more than that. But you dont. People on minimum wage survive. No they dont live in the nicest places. But had they put more effort in school and throughout life, in most cases, they would probably be better off.

    You have to earn your job and your wage. nothing should be handed to you. I wish they would quit teaching people that they need to rely on government in order to survive. But that is the way it is. So be it. Life was never meant to be perfect.

  6. #35
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    544
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by timsatt1 View Post
    food water clothing and shelter ...plus a loving family is all you need in life. Us Americans, yes me included, have trouble comprehending this. I know we feel like we need more than that. But you dont. People on minimum wage survive. No they dont live in the nicest places. But had they put more effort in school and throughout life, in most cases, they would probably be better off.

    You have to earn your job and your wage. nothing should be handed to you. I wish they would quit teaching people that they need to rely on government in order to survive. But that is the way it is. So be it. Life was never meant to be perfect.

    I try to stay away from political commentary in public, so I won't weigh in on one side or the other, but minimum wage is hard. You can survive, but timsatt1, start doing the math. Assume you work 50 hrs a week @ minimum wage. Now assume you are married with 2 young kids (pre-school age).

    Now look around in a big city and see where you can live. How much do you have left over for groceries / car / bills? Now -- how much is left over for clothes / toys / books / etc. for the kids.

    It doesn't work. And guess what, you now live in a bad-education part of town (that's what you could afford). So your kids won't get a good education. But maybe you will spend hours with them a day supplementing? Nope - you are working more than one job if you make minimum wage and have a family. Looks like the kids will have a hard time "just doing better in school" as you said their parents should have done.

    Poverty (and yes minimum wage for a family of 4 is poverty) breeds poverty. It is a viscous cycle.

    Talk politics if you want. But don't talk about things that you don't know about and act like it's not a big deal -- people live it every day and it is a big deal, and there is no easy solution like "well, you should have just avoided it".
    You can only have one favorite team. There are no "second favorites".
    -- Chris, resident of Arrowhead East (St. Louis)

  7. #36
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by stlchief View Post
    I try to stay away from political commentary in public, so I won't weigh in on one side or the other, but minimum wage is hard. You can survive, but timsatt1, start doing the math. Assume you work 50 hrs a week @ minimum wage. Now assume you are married with 2 young kids (pre-school age).

    Now look around in a big city and see where you can live. How much do you have left over for groceries / car / bills? Now -- how much is left over for clothes / toys / books / etc. for the kids.

    It doesn't work. And guess what, you now live in a bad-education part of town (that's what you could afford). So your kids won't get a good education. But maybe you will spend hours with them a day supplementing? Nope - you are working more than one job if you make minimum wage and have a family. Looks like the kids will have a hard time "just doing better in school" as you said their parents should have done.

    Poverty (and yes minimum wage for a family of 4 is poverty) breeds poverty. It is a viscous cycle.

    Talk politics if you want. But don't talk about things that you don't know about and act like it's not a big deal -- people live it every day and it is a big deal, and there is no easy solution like "well, you should have just avoided it".
    Very well put man!

    Succinct!
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

  8. #37
    Member Since
    Aug 2006
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    1,540
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by stlchief View Post
    I try to stay away from political commentary in public, so I won't weigh in on one side or the other, but minimum wage is hard. You can survive, but timsatt1, start doing the math. Assume you work 50 hrs a week @ minimum wage. Now assume you are married with 2 young kids (pre-school age).

    Now look around in a big city and see where you can live. How much do you have left over for groceries / car / bills? Now -- how much is left over for clothes / toys / books / etc. for the kids.

    It doesn't work. And guess what, you now live in a bad-education part of town (that's what you could afford). So your kids won't get a good education. But maybe you will spend hours with them a day supplementing? Nope - you are working more than one job if you make minimum wage and have a family. Looks like the kids will have a hard time "just doing better in school" as you said their parents should have done.

    Poverty (and yes minimum wage for a family of 4 is poverty) breeds poverty. It is a viscous cycle.

    Talk politics if you want. But don't talk about things that you don't know about and act like it's not a big deal -- people live it every day and it is a big deal, and there is no easy solution like "well, you should have just avoided it".
    tim is like 23. He don't have a clue. He works for his daddy's company, and (I'm assuming) still suckles from his momma's teat. He don't know how hard it is.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad


  9. #38
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    27,900
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 227
    Given: 403

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by prough91 View Post
    tim is like 23. He don't have a clue. He works for his daddy's company, and (I'm assuming) still suckles from his momma's teat. He don't know how hard it is.
    Meh! I ignore him; simply isn't worth all the aggravation.


  10. #39
    Member Since
    Aug 2006
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    1,540
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Meh! I ignore him; simply isn't worth all the aggravation.
    Granted.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad


  11. #40
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    27,900
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 227
    Given: 403

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by prough91 View Post
    Granted.
    Cool! It's been a while since I had something granted to me.


Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •