Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Steroids

Default Steroids

I know everyone is probably sick to death of hearing about steroids by now, but I was thinking today about it and I think I have a solution to the steroid problem.

Let everyone do them.

Every team in every sport could have a doctor that would over see the administration of the steroids for that team. I did a little research on the internet tonight about steroids and it isn't the steroids themselves that screw up the players so much as the abuse of steroids. A player will start bulking up and think "well, if this amount helps me, doubling it will double the results", when they start thinking along these lines, that's when they start hurting themselves. Most players realize that they need to take extremely good care of their bodies and if they were monitored and educated on steroids, I think it would be better than just letting them take it into their own hands.

I know there are people who are going to be going on about maintaining the purity of sports, but as long as their has been sports, I'm sure people have been looking for a leg up. I read a story one time about a famous baseball player, I think Babe Ruth but I can't remember for sure, that would drink a ton of coffee before each game because he thought it gave him a competitive advantage. Obviously, drinking all that coffee didn't help him, but he was looking for some kind of drug, in this case caffeine, that would help him perform better physically. We can all look back on the "Glory Days" of any sport and wish sports nowadays were like that, but the fact is simple, Players in the "Glory Days" didn't take steroids because they weren't available. Period.

Now, bash away.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    My stance is simple. Educate the people about dangers, but do not protect me from myself, by taking away my freedom of choice.

Yes, bad things will happen to people. That is what I call life. If it isn't one bad thing that will happen to them, it will be another.
    i do not disagree with your response.

i am undecided at this point. but cannot disagree. in fact, i might agree. again...undecided.

Well I read through the rest of the post and wow.

This is about steroid use being trickled down from Pros to the youth leagues.

If I am right about this here are my thoughts.

Steroids are so dominant in sports and more people are getting busted (or just outright admitting it publicly, and giving up medals, etc...) at championship levels that it is obvious now to everyone.

It is happening, and there will always be "cheaters", so find a substance that they will allow such as HGH and then focus testing on the more dangerous stuff.

The players will all get a physical help without all the side effects.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by timsatt1 View Post
    legalizing drugs, unfortunately, would make the drugs dirt cheap and very affordable to people. The whole drug issue is kind of a difficult one. Yes, i am for limited government and less regulation...but at the same time, drugs, ESPECIALLY meth, can take over your life.

you cannot recover from meth. once a meth head always a meth head. once you are addicted, your life will never be the same.

....so because of the major impact for the worse drugs can have on a society, in this case, i am for government regulation.

i dont know about marijuana. i hear it is pretty safe. i have never done any drug in my life. sure it would be fun....but luckily never had a huge interest.
    That's a little ignorant. I know from personal experience that the meth habit can be kicked.

Quote Originally Posted by prough91 View Post
    That's a little ignorant. I know from personal experience that the meth habit can be kicked.
    Ignorance is timsatt's specialty.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

I don't believe that steroids are currently as rampant as you seem to believe they are.

And do you believe that steroids automatically know some limit of user-performance-level? What would give you the impression that elite atheletes have some immunity to steroids, and why do they do them?

Also, with steroids being banned from our major sports, they are not as common as they would be were they widely accepted.

For an example, one can look to nations who have no laws against marijuana, or other "narcotics". In Columbia, you can walk through large fields of marijuana. ( I would reccomend that you don't try it, but the fields are there.) Go to Holland, and you can find "pot-smoking" cafes and marijuana cigarettes at the stores there. Afghanistan has been exposed as a major distributor of several different "narcotics", and have a large quantity of fields for that purpose.

Funny that I find myself arguing this side of the issue, since, if I were able, I would legalize most illegal drugs. But this isn't about the legalization/criminalization, it's about the major sports industry of this country foregoing testing and rules against certain substances.

I wouldn't be against an alternate league existing, that would openly forego such rules. But there would, eventually, be the same issues with youth getting more involved with 'roids, even in that case.
    Have you never read the stories in the Star or sports magazines where baseball players talk about how readily available and widely used steroids are in the sport? I think you, like myself, pull the wool over our eyes a little because deep down we still look at these athletes as heroes and do not want anything to tarnish that image.

Have you never read the stories in the Star or sports magazines where baseball players talk about how readily available and widely used steroids are in the sport? I think you, like myself, pull the wool over our eyes a little because deep down we still look at these athletes as heroes and do not want anything to tarnish that image.

That's baseball. And it is pretty obvious that MLB has been overrun by steroid useage. But We were talking about major sports in general. I think most people know that baseball has an epidemic on their hands.

My statement about "clean" rookies being able to compete was more directed at football, where there would be a more sizable difference between a "clean" game, and a roid-filled game.

Baseball already has a minor league system that allows "clean" college atheletes to spend a year or two getting juiced.

But with the lack of a minor league in football, and the hard contact that occurs in football, a clean collegiate player would be overwhelmed if all, or even a large majority of, players were already juiced.

source: (well just one source for now that i cant back up by a document) my old roomate was a wichita sherriff, now with the Kansas Bereau of Investigation, that dealt with the whole drug industry all the time.

Meth is the most addictive drug there is. I will go ahead and take some time later and get documents and post them here, then send you some great pictures of meth heads.

the recovery from meth is less than 1%. ONCE YOU ARE ADDICTED, YOUR LIFE IS OVER. you are no longer to take care of your kids if you have them, etc. I mean it is bad. But you seem to know a lot....and this is ignorance. Sorry you live in a bubble where everyone around you is in good health and you dont know people that made these decisions that screwed their life forever. Well i do know these people.

But i dont know it all, like you do. If i say something...well you had for sure better challenge it...and all u got to do is pull out the ignorance word...then you dont even have to back it up with an intelligent saying...the word "ignorance" is simply enough.

source: (well just one source for now that i cant back up by a document) my old roomate was a wichita sherriff, now with the Kansas Bereau of Investigation, that dealt with the whole drug industry all the time.

Meth is the most addictive drug there is. I will go ahead and take some time later and get documents and post them here, then send you some great pictures of meth heads.

the recovery from meth is less than 1%. ONCE YOU ARE ADDICTED, YOUR LIFE IS OVER. you are no longer to take care of your kids if you have them, etc. I mean it is bad. But you seem to know a lot....and this is ignorance. Sorry you live in a bubble where everyone around you is in good health and you dont know people that made these decisions that screwed their life forever. Well i do know these people.

But i dont know it all, like you do. If i say something...well you had for sure better challenge it...and all u got to do is pull out the ignorance word...then you dont even have to back it up with an intelligent saying...the word "ignorance" is simply enough.
    I have known a few people who spent a couple of years wrapped-up in the "meth" environment, all of whom are either clean, or very convincing liars who lead seemingly normal lives.

Not to say that meth isn't extremely addictive, but perhaps there have been some vastly exaggerated studies and reports. That is extremely common with anti-narcotics campaigns.

I have seen what meth does to a persons body though, and it can be pretty nasty.

That's where you're wrong, in one of your many ways. I used to be addicted to meth, that's what is known by personal experience. I will anxiously await for your documentation on the 1% recovery rate, because that is also bogus. I searched everything I could think of and could not even find a recovery rate and I doubt your "Wichita Sheriff" friend has it either. Also, you say, "But you seem to know a lot....and this is ignorance." Um, no. If I know something, then I am not ignorant about the subject. It is the lack of knowledge which makes a person ignorant.

My stance is simple. Educate the people about dangers, but do not protect me from myself, by taking away my freedom of choice.

Yes, bad things will happen to people. That is what I call life. If it isn't one bad thing that will happen to them, it will be another.
    No one is doing it to protect you from yourself. I got to deal with a guy going through a little 'roid rage and several people ended up getting seriously hurt. To make dangerous drugs illegal is not infringing on your right to get F'ed up, making it legal in infringing on my right to walk safely down the street without some raoid head pickin a fight because I "looked at him funny"

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast