Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Steroids

Default Steroids

I know everyone is probably sick to death of hearing about steroids by now, but I was thinking today about it and I think I have a solution to the steroid problem.

Let everyone do them.

Every team in every sport could have a doctor that would over see the administration of the steroids for that team. I did a little research on the internet tonight about steroids and it isn't the steroids themselves that screw up the players so much as the abuse of steroids. A player will start bulking up and think "well, if this amount helps me, doubling it will double the results", when they start thinking along these lines, that's when they start hurting themselves. Most players realize that they need to take extremely good care of their bodies and if they were monitored and educated on steroids, I think it would be better than just letting them take it into their own hands.

I know there are people who are going to be going on about maintaining the purity of sports, but as long as their has been sports, I'm sure people have been looking for a leg up. I read a story one time about a famous baseball player, I think Babe Ruth but I can't remember for sure, that would drink a ton of coffee before each game because he thought it gave him a competitive advantage. Obviously, drinking all that coffee didn't help him, but he was looking for some kind of drug, in this case caffeine, that would help him perform better physically. We can all look back on the "Glory Days" of any sport and wish sports nowadays were like that, but the fact is simple, Players in the "Glory Days" didn't take steroids because they weren't available. Period.

Now, bash away.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    No one is doing it to protect you from yourself. I got to deal with a guy going through a little 'roid rage and several people ended up getting seriously hurt. To make dangerous drugs illegal is not infringing on your right to get F'ed up, making it legal in infringing on my right to walk safely down the street without some raoid head pickin a fight because I "looked at him funny"
    One perfect example, Chris Benoit. Rep Canada. I for one am not so freaked out about putting limits on my personal choices if it affects others. Drunk driving is a choice and I don't know if I have ever heard someone speak out protecting that.

Quote Originally Posted by prough91 View Post
    That's where you're wrong, in one of your many ways. I used to be addicted to meth, that's what is known by personal experience. I will anxiously await for your documentation on the 1% recovery rate, because that is also bogus. I searched everything I could think of and could not even find a recovery rate and I doubt your "Wichita Sheriff" friend has it either. Also, you say, "But you seem to know a lot....and this is ignorance." Um, no. If I know something, then I am not ignorant about the subject. It is the lack of knowledge which makes a person ignorant.

well i am still a meth head. how the hell did you quit? nothing is as good as the feeling of meth. that is all i want to do.

the only way i could quit is if someone cut off all my limbs to where i couldnt move.

Quote Originally Posted by prough91 View Post
    I will not even tell you how long it took to make that!

Preachin to the choir buddy.

No one is doing it to protect you from yourself. I got to deal with a guy going through a little 'roid rage and several people ended up getting seriously hurt. To make dangerous drugs illegal is not infringing on your right to get F'ed up, making it legal in infringing on my right to walk safely down the street without some raoid head pickin a fight because I "looked at him funny"

Something to be said for this; nice reply! :)

A.) I don't think safety is a right. You should have the right to drive to the mall and not have an accident, but occaisionally, it happens anyway. The fact is that if someone does infringe upon your "right" to be safe, not your right to feel safe, then they should be held accountable. Not when he was in the privacy of his own home, putting something into his own body. (You won't hear that kind of thing from me often. )

B.) The steroids aren't to blame for Chris Benoit, Chris Benoit is. The steroids do not even have a way to shoot people. (Was it a shooting thing? I don't remember.)

By blaming an inanimate object, in this case drugs, we are taking the blame off of the guilty party.

It is unfair to blame me and my steroid use for the actions of Chris Benoit. (I have never used steroids, just making an example.) Chris Benoit killed his family. I did not. I didn't even kill my family. Me and my steroids have never killed anyone. How am I a criminal because Chris Benoit was a psycho who killed his own family?

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    The fact is that if someone does infringe upon your "right" to be safe, not your right to feel safe, then they should be held accountable...

Agreed!

Less filling.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    A.) I don't think safety is a right. You should have the right to drive to the mall and not have an accident, but occaisionally, it happens anyway. The fact is that if someone does infringe upon your "right" to be safe, not your right to feel safe, then they should be held accountable. Not when he was in the privacy of his own home, putting something into his own body. (You won't hear that kind of thing from me often. )

B.) The steroids aren't to blame for Chris Benoit, Chris Benoit is. The steroids do not even have a way to shoot people. (Was it a shooting thing? I don't remember.)

By blaming an inanimate object, in this case drugs, we are taking the blame off of the guilty party.

It is unfair to blame me and my steroid use for the actions of Chris Benoit. (I have never used steroids, just making an example.) Chris Benoit killed his family. I did not. I didn't even kill my family. Me and my steroids have never killed anyone. How am I a criminal because Chris Benoit was a psycho who killed his own family?
    I am not in any way taking the responsibility off of the guilty party. You screw up then you pay the penalty, but why make it easier for people to screw up. Do you honestly think the world would be a better place if we could but steroids, cocaine, crack, meth and heroin at the local convenience store?? People have a hard enough time with the fact that you are allowed to drink alcohol and that is too much responsibility to handle. While I understand your point, I like to smoke weed...a lot and I agree that it is my body and I should be allowed to do as I please with it, I think that it is an insane idea to promote the use of steroids or any other mind altering drugs. Believe it or not, drugs make people do things that they would not normally do. That is the point of doing them, however to say that the effects of steroids in teh Chris Benoit case had nothing to do with what he did??....you must be joking.

I am not in any way taking the responsibility off of the guilty party. You screw up then you pay the penalty, but why make it easier for people to screw up. Do you honestly think the world would be a better place if we could but steroids, cocaine, crack, meth and heroin at the local convenience store?? People have a hard enough time with the fact that you are allowed to drink alcohol and that is too much responsibility to handle. While I understand your point, I like to smoke weed...a lot and I agree that it is my body and I should be allowed to do as I please with it, I think that it is an insane idea to promote the use of steroids or any other mind altering drugs. Believe it or not, drugs make people do things that they would not normally do. That is the point of doing them, however to say that the effects of steroids in teh Chris Benoit case had nothing to do with what he did??....you must be joking.
    yes, there are drugs, legal and illegal, that are very mind-altering. I am pretty sure that Chris Benoit's mind was not very clear because of his deposition to steroids.

I have never used illegal drugs, but when i was in high school i was on acutane, an acne medicine that has been taken off the market because of the high amounts of suicide with ppl taking that drug.

i was never suicidal and never will be...but i definately wasnt thinking clearly then. Life was hell.

i will never miss my high school years. i was glad to get through them. Now I am living the real life!! AND LOVING IT!!! most of the time.

I'm sure steroids use had something to do with it, but there were also reports of his concussions that led to depression, and suicidal thoughts.

This is a major issue in contact sports right now, as more and more concussed players are feeling the effects further into life.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Bottom line... Unless you hurt somebody, (or steal) then I don't see how there is a crime.

If you become violent, or steal, as a result of drug use, then you are a criminal. If you don't hurt anyone, or steal from anyone, then who the **** is the complainant?

For the record, I will gladly grant that the effects of steroids played a part in Benoits tirade. But, the drugs didn't hurt anyone, Chris Benoit did.

You can use any example of how drugs hurt someone, but they didn't. The fact is that whoever put the drugs into the "victims" system hurt them.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast