Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Steroids

Default Steroids

I know everyone is probably sick to death of hearing about steroids by now, but I was thinking today about it and I think I have a solution to the steroid problem.

Let everyone do them.

Every team in every sport could have a doctor that would over see the administration of the steroids for that team. I did a little research on the internet tonight about steroids and it isn't the steroids themselves that screw up the players so much as the abuse of steroids. A player will start bulking up and think "well, if this amount helps me, doubling it will double the results", when they start thinking along these lines, that's when they start hurting themselves. Most players realize that they need to take extremely good care of their bodies and if they were monitored and educated on steroids, I think it would be better than just letting them take it into their own hands.

I know there are people who are going to be going on about maintaining the purity of sports, but as long as their has been sports, I'm sure people have been looking for a leg up. I read a story one time about a famous baseball player, I think Babe Ruth but I can't remember for sure, that would drink a ton of coffee before each game because he thought it gave him a competitive advantage. Obviously, drinking all that coffee didn't help him, but he was looking for some kind of drug, in this case caffeine, that would help him perform better physically. We can all look back on the "Glory Days" of any sport and wish sports nowadays were like that, but the fact is simple, Players in the "Glory Days" didn't take steroids because they weren't available. Period.

Now, bash away.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    I'll give a dollar per word to anyone who reads all 409 pages of the .pdf file!!!

FYR!

i dont care that baseball players take steroids...and neither do the fans....as they (at least the winning teams)still fill out stadiums all the time and buy merchandise. Baseball is still booming. We would be lying to ourselves if we said we want to go back to seeing a bunch of stick looking figures hitting singles and doubles and the leading homerun hitter having 30 homeruns that year.

We like the long ball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Personally I was a pitcher, I enjoy seeing a 1-0 game more than most...but I can't say that steroids hurt the pitchers as more of them have been nabbed than hitters...
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    Personally I was a pitcher, I enjoy seeing a 1-0 game more than most...but I can't say that steroids hurt the pitchers as more of them have been nabbed than hitters...

Yes, even THE Roger Clemens was on the list...but I still like him, nonetheless.

BUT the greatest pitcher of all time WAS NOLAN RYAN....and he WASNT on steroids. (i think)

...and i think i can name all the teams nolan played for...at least ill try

texas rangers,
    California Angels
    NY METS
    Astros????
    ...one more team...i cannot remember.

Pretty good for a young kid...that was the entire list, albeit out of order...NYM, California, Houston and then Texas.
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Pretty good for a young kid...that was the entire list, albeit out of order...NYM, California, Houston and then Texas.

well his final years was the years that i was a huge baseball fan. i knew just about every player on every team.

I still have my late 80s, early 90s baseball cards.

tops, donruss, fleer, score....and more

and i have like 5 complete sets from a certain year...such as complete set of '92 score cards, etc.

I've been a big baseball fan since the 70's, and have always loved the history of the game. I have baseball cards back to the 50's (I wasn't born then but dad saved them and passed them on). I still have all my sets from 1984 through 1996 and my prize possession is a 1967 Henry Aaron MVP card.

I still love baseball, and truly have moved past the stupid labor situation and the cancelled World Series.

I've been a big baseball fan since the 70's, and have always loved the history of the game. I have baseball cards back to the 50's (I wasn't born then but dad saved them and passed them on). I still have all my sets from 1984 through 1996 and my prize possession is a 1967 Henry Aaron MVP card.

I still love baseball, and truly have moved past the stupid labor situation and the cancelled World Series.

that is awesome that u have hank aaron's card. i at least have a signed bo jackson card from the era of when he had all his "bo knows" commercials and at the end of the commercial he says "what else am i gonna do this summer"

well the baseball card i have of him isnt by any brand (like tops or donruss or whatever) but it has him in his white sox uni and on the back of the card it says "what else am i going to do this summer" and that is the card he signed for me whenever he signed a football for me.

yeah i still got my cards basically so i can pass em on one day. and i got A LOT of cards.

I also have Bob Gibson, Roger Maris, Richie Ashburn, Willie Mays and a Nolan Ryan rookie card. No their not available as they belong to a currently 3 year old son of mine (no he won't get them until he is much older.)

I have a Ryne Sandberg 1984 Donruss(?) that he signed "'84 NL MVP Ryno" One of my most prized baseball possessions.

He was the manager for the Peoria Chiefs, 'A' affiliate of the Cubs, this past season.

I also have alot of "game used" cards. The likes of Willie Mays, Reggie Jackson, Yogi Berra, etc. (Very long list.)

I am not nearly as passionate about the game as I once was, but I am not completely withdrawn from it anymore.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456