Thread: Post game Vs Chargers

Default Post game Vs Chargers

This one feels good. After hearing yet another offseason how the Chargers were the clear favorite to get the W feels good. Though I am sure the media types will keep hyping the Chargers (just add fuel to the fire)

Defense. They were not great. They were good. And they were the difference in the game. That pick 6 won the game. And it came from a 7th round pick. Got to give it up to Mr.Veach on that. We got some pressure on the QB in the 2nd half but need to do that from the start. Overall a solid outing from the defense.

Offense. Not great but enough to win. Playcalling was not great. 3rd and 1 you just line up and run it up the middle? You think they saw that coming? Even the shovel pass in the red zone they were ready for. But Mahomes still showed he was Mahomes on the 2 td passes. And that in this game was enough to win this game. Most defense don't have the talent of the Chargers so I while I am sure we were going to hear about the Chiefs missing Hill (and hey we did) they were still solid. CEH was pretty damn good tonight loved how he was sure to wrap up the ball in the 4th. Gameball worth to him.

Coaching. I am going to give it an average rating. The Chargers showed up clearly more ready for us then we were for them at the start. Slow starts are not uncommon for this team. But to their credit the coaches more often than not get it going. Also the delay of game penalties can't happen. I don't think I have ever seen one on a kickoff. WOW!. Get it fixed we have some extra time before the Colts game.

We are 2-0 and every other team in the division has a loss already. The rumors of the Chiefs demise in the AFC west were greatly overstated.

I would be remiss if I didn't give a tip of the cap to Herbert. Man that guy was hurting badly but he kept fighting. Glad he took the L but man that kid played tough.

It's on to Indy for us. Lets keep this rolling. GO CHIEFS
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    This one feels good. After hearing yet another offseason how the Chargers were the clear favorite to get the W feels good. Though I am sure the media types will keep hyping the Chargers (just add fuel to the fire)

Defense. They were not great. They were good. And they were the difference in the game. That pick 6 won the game. And it came from a 7th round pick. Got to give it up to Mr.Veach on that. We got some pressure on the QB in the 2nd half but need to do that from the start. Overall a solid outing from the defense.

Offense. Not great but enough to win. Playcalling was not great. 3rd and 1 you just line up and run it up the middle? You think they saw that coming? Even the shovel pass in the red zone they were ready for. But Mahomes still showed he was Mahomes on the 2 td passes. And that in this game was enough to win this game. Most defense don't have the talent of the Chargers so I while I am sure we were going to hear about the Chiefs missing Hill (and hey we did) they were still solid. CEH was pretty damn good tonight loved how he was sure to wrap up the ball in the 4th. Gameball worth to him.

Coaching. I am going to give it an average rating. The Chargers showed up clearly more ready for us then we were for them at the start. Slow starts are not uncommon for this team. But to their credit the coaches more often than not get it going. Also the delay of game penalties can't happen. I don't think I have ever seen one on a kickoff. WOW!. Get it fixed we have some extra time before the Colts game.

We are 2-0 and every other team in the division has a loss already. The rumors of the Chiefs demise in the AFC west were greatly overstated.

I would be remiss if I didn't give a tip of the cap to Herbert. Man that guy was hurting badly but he kept fighting. Glad he took the L but man that kid played tough.

It's on to Indy for us. Lets keep this rolling. GO CHIEFS
    Glad we got the win, but it's a tough game to rate the team by. It's like we were half asleep coming out of the tunnel and had to let the game almost slip away before we woke up. The Chargers showed up ready from the first snap, and hung in there until the end.

Offensively a lot of people will point the fingers at trading Tyreek. While it's great FF magazine & commentator fodder, there were times when we had Tyreek (last year especially) when it seemed like he disappeared from the game (opposing defenses catching on). Any given Sunday, the coaching staff has to work with what's on the field. Were the Charger's defensive staff the only ones paying attention to the overhaul that Veach did with the WR's this offseason? Reid and Bienemy need to show up with a four quarter game plan that makes better use of the guys we have. To Reid's credit, he did try to change his stripes and ran the ball a lot more than expected at the start of the game, and CEH looked really good at times in the game. McKinnon's alertness on his TD catch paid off nicely. Mahomes is still Mahomes but the O-line needs to keep him upright. He was getting smacked around almost as much as Herbert was.

Defensively we showed up better prepared than the offense. Watson's pick 6 was incredible. He completely sold Hebert on the idea of throwing inside his receiver and then got around and came inside to jump the route. The whole momentum of the stadium shifted right then and there. While they couldn't do it every play, LAC seemed to handle KC's pass rush pretty well - up until that point. Chris Jones started to break free, the crowd noise kicked in and LAC struggled from that point on.

While I'm awe of Herbert taking the pounding that he did, IMO the Chargers really shot themselves in the foot by not taking him out. While I'm not sure that Chase Daniel would've bailed them out with a W, the Chargers should've considered that it was only the second game of the season, and pulled Herbert out. The Chargers have a fairly easy schedule at this point. Now they go into it with a banged up QB. Explains why they get such great talent and then turn around and miss the playoffs.

A win's a win but we have a LOT to work on.