Thread: Postgame @ Chargers Sweep

Default Postgame @ Chargers Sweep

Anyone remember how some had the Chiefs last in the west preseason? Yeahhhhh they are not that smart

Offense. They moved the ball all night long. Started out having to settle for FGS. Then Mahomes to Kelce heated up yet again. When those two are going this team is going to win it's really that simple.

I have had many games where I have bashed Andy Reid for not running the ball. Today I tip my cap to Mr.Reid for the 2nd half. He really made the adjustment for the 2nd half to run the damn ball more. And it really paid off. Sure there were a couple of playcalls I didn't love but I won't complain at all. Well done Big Red well done and a big Thank you.

Sky Moore and Justin Watson were really big tonight. With our WRs down we really needed someone to step up and they did just that. They were both a large part of why we were able to get the W

Defense. This defense is frustrating at times to watch. How they let the Chargers start by just going right down the field and getting a quick TD. But you know what they really have a knack of making the plays at the end. Years ago this defense would play lights out for most the game then crumble in the end if it was close. This team might frustrate us all at times but they have a track record of stepping up and making huge plays at the end to seal a win. They won the week 2 matchup with the Chargers with the pick 6 and created just enough plays to hold on tonight with the game ending INT.

For the last few years Special Teams have been a real strong part of the Chiefs teams. I don't think that we can say that this year. Our return guys just make some really bad choices. Maybe this upcoming offseason Veach needs to go out and dedicate a roster spot to a solid return guy. It might be a major difference in less starting drives backed up inside our own 15

The Chiefs are now 4 games up on the chargers in the AFC west (when you include the tie breaker) That means they only need 3 more wins to wrap up the AFC west yet again. They play the Rams next week who are really banged up and have had that super bowl hangover all year long. That's a real chance to lower that number down to 2. Lets go get it done. GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Anyone remember how some had the Chiefs last in the west preseason? Yeahhhhh they are not that smart

Offense. They moved the ball all night long. Started out having to settle for FGS. Then Mahomes to Kelce heated up yet again. When those two are going this team is going to win it's really that simple.

I have had many games where I have bashed Andy Reid for not running the ball. Today I tip my cap to Mr.Reid for the 2nd half. He really made the adjustment for the 2nd half to run the damn ball more. And it really paid off. Sure there were a couple of playcalls I didn't love but I won't complain at all. Well done Big Red well done and a big Thank you.

Sky Moore and Justin Watson were really big tonight. With our WRs down we really needed someone to step up and they did just that. They were both a large part of why we were able to get the W

Defense. This defense is frustrating at times to watch. How they let the Chargers start by just going right down the field and getting a quick TD. But you know what they really have a knack of making the plays at the end. Years ago this defense would play lights out for most the game then crumble in the end if it was close. This team might frustrate us all at times but they have a track record of stepping up and making huge plays at the end to seal a win. They won the week 2 matchup with the Chargers with the pick 6 and created just enough plays to hold on tonight with the game ending INT.

For the last few years Special Teams have been a real strong part of the Chiefs teams. I don't think that we can say that this year. Our return guys just make some really bad choices. Maybe this upcoming offseason Veach needs to go out and dedicate a roster spot to a solid return guy. It might be a major difference in less starting drives backed up inside our own 15

The Chiefs are now 4 games up on the chargers in the AFC west (when you include the tie breaker) That means they only need 3 more wins to wrap up the AFC west yet again. They play the Rams next week who are really banged up and have had that super bowl hangover all year long. That's a real chance to lower that number down to 2. Lets go get it done. GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!
    They need to do an insurance commercial were Flo or Jake have to explain to FF media/gambling pundits that bad predictions aren't covered under their home insurance plans.

Offensively Mahomes and Kelce are playing on another level. We're used to seeing Mahomes throwing no-look passes; This year Kelce is making no-look catches. While I wish Juju and Hardman would've been playing not sure if their presence would've made a huge difference, and it did give some of our younger players some playing time (which might pay off down the road). Was great to see Pacheco get a 100 yd game under his belt. Would like to our O-line do a better job of opening holes for the RB's and give Mahomes that extra second to throw. Easier said than done against defenses like the Titans or Chargers but it's been an issue this year.

IMO our D has improved to the point where we've got a shot even when the offense stumbles. The difference this year was our draft. Our rookies are getting better every game, and the guys that we've drafted in recent years (Bolton, Willie G, Sneed, Thornhill) are really beginning to dominate. My gripe about our current D is pretty much the same since Spags got here - He's really good about making adjustments, but sometimes doesn't show up ready for the first quarter.

ST really needs to step up. Butker was a lot more consistent but way too many screw ups on the return game. It's fixable and trust Toub to get it sorted out.

All in all great game, fantastic finish, but some things to work on. On to the Rams.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    They need to do an insurance commercial were Flo or Jake have to explain to FF media/gambling pundits that bad predictions aren't covered under their home insurance plans.
    They would first have to be willing to admit they were wrong. They don't ever like to do that.

Offensively Mahomes and Kelce are playing on another level. We're used to seeing Mahomes throwing no-look passes; This year Kelce is making no-look catches. While I wish Juju and Hardman would've been playing not sure if their presence would've made a huge difference, and it did give some of our younger players some playing time (which might pay off down the road). Was great to see Pacheco get a 100 yd game under his belt. Would like to our O-line do a better job of opening holes for the RB's and give Mahomes that extra second to throw. Easier said than done against defenses like the Titans or Chargers but it's been an issue this year.
    Here is the scary thing they were not even on their top level last night. We saw a couple of times they were not on the same page most noticeably when the ball hit Kelce in the helmet because he was not even looking for the ball. And they still went off. Good look NFL

ST really needs to step up. Butker was a lot more consistent but way too many screw ups on the return game. It's fixable and trust Toub to get it sorted out.
    Our ST units have been so good over the years there have been some rumors at times about Toub getting a HC job. I don't think that we are going to hear that his year.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!