Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Carl Peterson and Clark Hunt is there anybody in there....

Default Carl Peterson and Clark Hunt is there anybody in there....

Ugly game, ugly game. I just feel bad for Tony G he deserves better than this. I want to know what Carl and Clark have to say about how terrible this team really is and how long do they think it's going to take to rebuild, and what are they going to do fix the problem. Anybody have a clue what management thinks...aside from the fact that Herm sees the wheels turning and we are going in the right direction. If he was a man he would resign on his own.

I'm not sold completely on Croyle, either, but I'm not convinced he's doomed to be terrible either. The guy shows sparks of potential, even with a line that can't protect him 85% of the time.

But several things need to happen. Croyle needs a better QB coach, a competent line needs to be set in place, and Huard needs to be dumped in favor of a veteran quarterback that has actually started games for most of his career. Brodie's not going to learn anything valuable from a career back up, and he's not going to learn anything if he's constantly on the turf looking up.

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    I'm generalizing. There's 864,000 bowl games. He went took his team to 1 in 5 years.
    Granted there are a lot more bowl games, but how many times did Dan Marino make it to the big stage, 1 are you saying he isn't a good QB, also Brett Favre has both records for TD's and Ints, would you suggest he isn't good? Also a lot have stated that this year with our offensive line and this team that it wouldn't have mattered if we had Tom Brady or Peyton Manning this team was going no where, I really don't know but is it possible that Brodie Croyle was a lone shining star on otherwise awful teams, I don't care for Alabama and they aren't in the Big Ten so I don't have a clue what the team around him was like.

Quote Originally Posted by bryonc View Post
    Granted there are a lot more bowl games, but how many times did Dan Marino make it to the big stage, 1 are you saying he isn't a good QB, also Brett Favre has both records for TD's and Ints, would you suggest he isn't good? Also a lot have stated that this year with our offensive line and this team that it wouldn't have mattered if we had Tom Brady or Peyton Manning this team was going no where, I really don't know but is it possible that Brodie Croyle was a lone shining star on otherwise awful teams, I don't care for Alabama and they aren't in the Big Ten so I don't have a clue what the team around him was like.
    Ok, we'll just have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    I thought he set all kinds of records at Bama?
    Yeah he set passing records at 'Bama. That QB factory of a program.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    Yeah he set passing records at 'Bama. That QB factory of a program.
    Now that's funny!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123