Thread: Post game Vs Rams

Default Post game Vs Rams

Welp when the schedule first came out I think this looked like one of the toughest games we had. But the Rams have been destroyed by the injury bug so the Chiefs got a break there. We have had seasons like that and they are not fun.

Offense. This one is not like the other games we have seen this year. Sure we moved the ball all day long. But today the redzone was a real struggle. For the number one offense in the red zone all year long we can at least at the moment say this was a one off. But it's going to have to be on their game going into next week.

Playcalling in the red zone was part of the problem IMO. When the trick plays work sure they are fun. But far to often they don't work. I think some of it was going for the kill but they ended up keeping the Rams just close enough to be in the game.

Mahomes. He was good today. But I do think he was off just a tad. The INT was bad. I think he was trying to get the ball to Kelce but I don't think even if the throw hadn't been picked off it would have gotten to hit it was just that bad of a throw. He had a couple of balls that he was off target to RBS out of the backfield. When you are Patrick Mahomes these things are not common. But he was still moving the ball all day long. And that's part of what makes him great. Even on some off days he puts up 26 on you.

Skyy Moore with the way the WRs have been banged up he has gotten a lot more time at WR. And it's really been nice to see. He has done a pretty good job at that. But for the love of all that is right stop having him return kicks. It's just not something he is good at. And that is not where his value is.

Defense. They were not going against the Rams offense that is one of the best. And they had a really bad drive allowing a wide open td. But outside of that they were pretty good. But they better get some things fixed. Cincy is next up and it's looking like they will be getting Chase back. They are going to have to be on their A game next week if the Chiefs have any chance to get the W.

Another week and more ST problems. I heard on the broadcast today that Dave Toub has earned a bad year and I do agree with that. For his entire Career in KC the ST were the least of the problems and made a impact in a good way at times. Though every coach has a shelf life and I got to say I am starting to wonder if Toub is getting close to the end of his in the NFL.

The Chiefs remain in the 1seed with this win. A win next week would be a huge step in wrapping that up. Things are looking good for the Chiefs to win another AFC west crown. But if they want homefield they are going to have to keep focused and keep winning. The Bills own the tie break. Lets get it done GO CHIEFS
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

After the game Patrick and Erin Andrew's commented that he is very close to having his second. He said I think we got threw this game but maybe next week. I think he may be a bit distracted with his family. Rightfully so.

Patrick Mahomes the 3rd was born last night