Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Number 23

Default Number 23

Hey Crowd, the Yahoo Sports Mock Draft is in. If KC doesn't move up or down in the draft they will have the 23rd pick. Yahoo Sports predicts that the Chiefs will draft Tony Ugoh, offensive tackle from Arkansas. What say ye Crowd? Do you think that the Chiefs stay at 23, and who do you think they will draft first?

8-) :pint:
    Go Chiefs Eleven, win
    in 2007!!:fighting0068:

Quote Originally Posted by kenny1937 View Post
    Exactly, wolfpack, it seems to be an obsession with this bunch in management, and the reason why we will not make it to a Superbowl unless there is a change in somebody's mindset quickly, sigh.

:armee_smilies122:
    ...Not likely.

Smile

If we don't make adjustments and get sufficent talent on the O line, then we can expect more of the same that we have suffered with for the past eighteen years. If management can not see this then we are sunk, sigh!!

:6: :armee_smilies095: :joker:
    Go Chiefs Eleven, win

I like to hope that we can wind-up with Joe Staley. He's a tall, converted TE who is one of the top-ranked OTs in the draft this year. Being a converted TE, he is alot quicker than what anyone would expect out of an OT. He is a bit light, and would, likely, be a bit more of a project than some of the other prospects. I have checked him out on a couple of different sites. Here is a link to my favorite Joe Staley scouting report.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sco...joestaley.html

Unfortunately, he is likely to get drafted in the early second round.(according to most of the draft analysts that I have checked into. That means we would need to, either, trade down, add another pick through some other means, or reach for him, at our current first round spot.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I like to hope that we can wind-up with Joe Staley. He's a tall, converted TE who is one of the top-ranked OTs in the draft this year. Being a converted TE, he is alot quicker than what anyone would expect out of an OT. He is a bit light, and would, likely, be a bit more of a project than some of the other prospects. I have checked him out on a couple of different sites. Here is a link to my favorite Joe Staley scouting report.

Unfortunately, he is likely to get drafted in the early second round.(according to most of the draft analysts that I have checked into. That means we would need to, either, trade down, add another pick through some other means, or reach for him, at our current first round spot.
    Absolutely right chief31, I don't think he will be around when we turn our attention to the Offense anyway, our present mind set is to improve the defense first, so, no one will be around on the offensive side when management turns their attention that way anyhow.

:character0022: :Image33:
    Go Chiefs Eleven, win

Absolutely right chief31, I don't think he will be around when we turn our attention to the Offense anyway, our present mind set is to improve the defense first, so, no one will be around on the offensive side when management turns their attention that way anyhow.

:character0022: :Image33:
    I fully expect C.P. to go offense with their first pick. I know what Edwards wants, but C.P. isn't a moron. (Despite popular opinion.) He must have noticed the lack of offense, both during the season, and in the post-season. From Kyle Turley, to giant Mexicans, he has tinkered with different long-shots, to try and fill the hole at LT. This tells me that he is aware of the importance of the position, and is likely to seek a more viable solution.

Or, at least, I hope so.

I'm a bit leary of light OT's i.e. Turnstyle Turley.

Staley is a growing boy, Turley is a former stud, who is recovering from a severe back injury. He will bulk-up a bunch.

Staley is a growing boy, Turley is a former stud, who is recovering from a severe back injury. He will bulk-up a bunch.
    Hope your right.

Smile

I fully expect C.P. to go offense with their first pick. I know what Edwards wants, but C.P. isn't a moron. (Despite popular opinion.) He must have noticed the lack of offense, both during the season, and in the post-season. From Kyle Turley, to giant Mexicans, he has tinkered with different long-shots, to try and fill the hole at LT. This tells me that he is aware of the importance of the position, and is likely to seek a more viable solution.

Or, at least, I hope so.
    I will keep my fingers crossed and hope with you chief31, we will have to live with what ever choices are made, love my Chiefs, so like you I will hope for the best.

:1374: :character00249: :hyper:
    Go Chiefs Eleven, win

Exactly, wolfpack, it seems to be an obsession with this bunch in management, and the reason why we will not make it to a Superbowl unless there is a change in somebody's mindset quickly, sigh.

:armee_smilies122:
    That aint happening any time soon.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast