Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheering for Chiefs Losses, who is with me?

Default Cheering for Chiefs Losses, who is with me?

yeah yeah, i know the hardcore fans cannot cheer for more losses, because for some reason wins still matter to them even if they dont make the playoffs.

But 3 or 4 more losses, however many games are left this year, can GREATLY impact the chiefs next season in a positive way.

The most important reason is, if we lose our remaining games, the Herm era is for sure over. I personally think it is already over, but the more losses, the greater we will clean house with the coaches.

The second, and maybe equal to the above, most important reason for losing is that we have the opportunity to draft a way better player(s) next year or use our high draft pick for a good trade.

Either way, I think losing is going to benefit us for next year. Yes, it sounds like an oxymoron....but it is what it is.

And i was just curious....is there anyone else like me hoping for the remaining games to be losses?

let me at least attempt to explain myself....it is playoffs or nothing for me....

...if we dont make the playoffs, i dont care if we go 8-8 or 0-16.

same difference.

i am guessing that the majority of the board does not share my feelings, but i am curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    You're everything I wish I could be!!

Yes I could fly higher than an eagle....cause you are the wind beneath my wings!!
    He is the wind beneath your wings???

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    He is the wind beneath your wings???
    uhhh....was I singing that out loud?? sorry

Canada likes Bette Midler...

You brave the ice to get a couple extra beers and this is what you come back to?

Sad...
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

I hope the power doesn't go out! Oh well, at least no college tomorrow!
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Canada likes Bette Midler...

You brave the ice to get a couple extra beers and this is what you come back to?

Sad...
    Suck it up parrot boy, its only ice

You're everything I wish I could be!!

Yes I could fly higher than an eagle....cause you are the wind beneath my wings!!
    I have voiced my opinion about hoping for losses before, here. But I don't mind repeating it.

I think that ending our season on a nine-game losing streak demoralizes the players. Losing 8 of our final nine games does the same.

We want Brodie Croyle to succeed, yet we hope he is a loser?!?!?!?! That makes no sense to me. Haven't we all witnessed what happens to a team that finds themselves unable to win? They tend to continue to find themselves unable to win. Look no further than Cleveland, Oakland, Arizona, Detroit, San Francisco, or Houston, for recent examples of how a team gets cught-up in a losing mentallity.

I know that I don't want that for my Chiefs.

And the concept of getting Herm out of here this offseason is, I believe, some very wishful thinking. I can't imagine that the organization is going to "can" him after one poor season, considering the team that he has been given this year. And I think it would take an even worse season, next year, to get him out of town.

I understand the ideal of trying to get a better draft spot, and getting an "easier" schedule, but it is certainly not worth the risk of starting a losing trend. At least not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I have voiced my opinion about hoping for losses before, here. But I don't mind repeating it.

I think that ending our season on a nine-game losing streak demoralizes the players. Losing 8 of our final nine games does the same.

We want Brodie Croyle to succeed, yet we hope he is a loser?!?!?!?! That makes no sense to me. Haven't we all witnessed what happens to a team that finds themselves unable to win? They tend to continue to find themselves unable to win. Look no further than Cleveland, Oakland, Arizona, Detroit, San Francisco, or Houston, for recent examples of how a team gets cught-up in a losing mentallity.

I know that I don't want that for my Chiefs.

And the concept of getting Herm out of here this offseason is, I believe, some very wishful thinking. I can't imagine that the organization is going to "can" him after one poor season, considering the team that he has been given this year. And I think it would take an even worse season, next year, to get him out of town.

I understand the ideal of trying to get a better draft spot, and getting an "easier" schedule, but it is certainly not worth the risk of starting a losing trend. At least not for me.
    Yeah, but why quote Bette Midler??

I will cheer for this icestorm before I will cheer for the chiefs to lose. I would cheer for a bite on the butt by a rabid cat before I will cheer for the chiefs to lose.

MANCARD REVOKED!!!!
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

I smell another mancard violation.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast