Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Housekeeping wanted.

Default Housekeeping wanted.

As much as I hate to say it: getting totally butt-raped by the Broncos on Sunday is probably one of the best things that could have happened to this franchise at this point. This organization is in need of some major house-cleaning at the highest levels of the current power structure and the embarassment suffered last Sunday should help to outrage enough people to spur some action. Changes need to be made and certain people need to go-- Tony Gonzales said so himself after the game at Invesco and I couldn't agree more.

I have made my case for what particular "trash" I think needs to be taken out in the thread "Enough!"-- posted after the debacle against the Raiders. First, is Carl Peterson who has inflated ticket prices by over 300 percent since the Chiefs last won a playoff game in 1994. Along with raising even the parking prices, Mr. Peterson is also the source of a continuous stream of draft-day blunders. I could write an entire book about the inadequacies of Peterson, however I will save that for another time.

I still think Herm Edwards may need to go as well but if there is any doubt there concerning Edwards, there is absolutely none concerning Mike Solari. The Chiefs' offensive gameplan and playcalling were so atrocious this season that any offensive coordinator responsible for such a mess should be fired without hesitation. Some may be satisfied to keep Edwards if Solari takes the fall but I think we may see more of the same even with another coordinator. If what we have seen from the Chiefs this season is truly Herm Edwards' style of football, then he too must go without question. You can't play to not lose the game. Herm needs to take his own advice and play to win. To not attempt to capitalize on opportunity in fear of making a mistake is pure folly and incompetence as a leader of a football team. I do not want to see another season of the Chiefs' offensive unit playing in shackles. Not again. Not ever. You have to take some chances and try to gain an advantage over your opponent with suprise and misdirection. You have to allow your offense the freedom to try and score points. Yes, Herm-- points. You know, those things that win games? Yeah, we need those.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

I agree that a loss like this one brings light to a very big problem. I don't get the KC Star, but I hope they ripped the team a new one.

I'm most disappointed in the Chiefs defense. Just because they are capable of playing good ball. Everyone knew the offense would struggle with both tackles being gone among other things. But the defense just didn't give any effort.

In my opinion, they owe it to the offense to show up every week considering how long the KC offense carried the defense under the Dickie V regime.

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    As much as I hate to say it: getting totally butt-raped by the Broncos on Sunday is probably one of the best things that could have happened to this franchise at this point. This organization is in need of some major house-cleaning at the highest levels of the current power structure and the embarassment suffered last Sunday should help to outrage enough people to spur some action. Changes need to be made and certain people need to go-- Tony Gonzales said so himself after the game at Invesco and I couldn't agree more.

I have made my case for what particular "trash" I think needs to be taken out in the thread "Enough!"-- posted after the debacle against the Raiders. First, is Carl Peterson who has inflated ticket prices by over 300 percent since the Chiefs last won a playoff game in 1994. Along with raising even the parking prices, Mr. Peterson is also the source of a continuous stream of draft-day blunders. I could write an entire book about the inadequacies of Peterson, however I will save that for another time.

I still think Herm Edwards may need to go as well but if there is any doubt there concerning Edwards, there is absolutely none concerning Mike Solari. The Chiefs' offensive gameplan and playcalling were so atrocious this season that any offensive coordinator responsible for such a mess should be fired without hesitation. Some may be satisfied to keep Edwards if Solari takes the fall but I think we may see more of the same even with another coordinator. If what we have seen from the Chiefs this season is truly Herm Edwards' style of football, then he too must go without question. You can't play to not lose the game. Herm needs to take his own advice and play to win. To not attempt to capitalize on opportunity in fear of making a mistake is pure folly and incompetence as a leader of a football team. I do not want to see another season of the Chiefs' offensive unit playing in shackles. Not again. Not ever. You have to take some chances and try to gain an advantage over your opponent with suprise and misdirection. You have to allow your offense the freedom to try and score points. Yes, Herm-- points. You know, those things that win games? Yeah, we need those.

i agree 100% with this post.

not so sure you want me of all people to endorse your threads though, lol.

BUT i disagree with coach about being mad at the defense? why? cause they played a lot of good games this year but finally had a terrible game?

we are talking one bad game out of the year so far. and you are mad? i love our defense. they are the only reason WE still sat through and watched every chiefs game this year.

no complaints here for their one bad game.

Quote Originally Posted by timsatt1 View Post
    i agree 100% with this post.

not so sure you want me of all people to endorse your threads though, lol.

BUT i disagree with coach about being mad at the defense? why? cause they played a lot of good games this year but finally had a terrible game?

we are talking one bad game out of the year so far. and you are mad? i love our defense. they are the only reason WE still sat through and watched every chiefs game this year.

no complaints here for their one bad game.
    Let's see here, I'm in agreeance that our D started out ok but by no means outstanding. My wonder is how anyone can say they are satisfied with the D and some even happy with it!!!! They have allowed 271 points to be scored on them and we have lost 6 fricken games in a row!!!!!!!!!! Happy with the D?????????????

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    Let's see here, I'm in agreeance that our D started out ok but by no means outstanding. My wonder is how anyone can say they are satisfied with the D and some even happy with it!!!! They have allowed 271 points to be scored on them and we have lost 6 fricken games in a row!!!!!!!!!! Happy with the D?????????????

i am not necessarily happy or do i think they are the greatest, but i dont think they are by any means a bad defense and dont get upset over one bad game on their part.

the D didnt lose 6 games in a row. The combination of offense + defense + special teams + game manager lost 6 in a row..but i am gonna say of all those i listed, the defense is less at fault than any other.

i am not necessarily happy or do i think they are the greatest, but i dont think they are by any means a bad defense and dont get upset over one bad game on their part.

the D didnt lose 6 games in a row. The combination of offense + defense + special teams + game manager lost 6 in a row..but i am gonna say of all those i listed, the defense is less at fault than any other.
    I bet there aren't 12 teams that have given up more points than we have. If that is the case and we have given up more points than over half of the league, we are NOT a good defense.

Look, Herm Edwards has to go, he is not the only problem, but if you even remotely think that the offensive coordinator has to go, then you have to fire Edwards as well.

The reason? Edwards is responsible for the game plan, he is responsible for providing the plays the coordinator will call in specific situations on the field and that has been one of the biggest issues with this team.

Edwards is also responsible for preparing this team to win and week after week, he has failed to do that. I don't have nearly as much of a problem with anyone on staff as I do Edwards at this point. He is NOT the answer.

I am also not as optomistic that he will go. Why? I think Peterson and the Hunts have accepted they are rebuilding mode, they let go a number of good veteran players that are still able to contribute. Anyway, Peterson recognizes they are rebuilding and I do not think they will fire Edwards because of that. I hope I am wrong though.

I bet there aren't 12 teams that have given up more points than we have. If that is the case and we have given up more points than over half of the league, we are NOT a good defense.
    if i am correct, you are not a big fan of our defense.

i personally dont have a problem with the defense.

there are a lot of factors that go into "defensive statistics".

when your offense only has the ball for very little of the half or game for that matter because they keep going 3 and out, then your defense has to actually "play defense" for more minutes than most teams defenses have to play. you also have to throw in field position. if the KC special teams are worst in field position cause they cant get a decent return, then the offense goes 3 and out and we are punting from our own 20....well now the defense already has a big whammy on them because the other team's offense is starting near our half.

there are so many factors to throw in you cant rely just on one thing like how many points we have been scored on.

maybe you could do a stat like how many points we have been scored on per minutes on defense as opposed to how many points we have been scored on per game.

if i am correct, you are not a big fan of our defense.

i personally dont have a problem with the defense.

there are a lot of factors that go into "defensive statistics".

when your offense only has the ball for very little of the half or game for that matter because they keep going 3 and out, then your defense has to actually "play defense" for more minutes than most teams defenses have to play. you also have to throw in field position. if the KC special teams are worst in field position cause they cant get a decent return, then the offense goes 3 and out and we are punting from our own 20....well now the defense already has a big whammy on them because the other team's offense is starting near our half.

there are so many factors to throw in you cant rely just on one thing like how many points we have been scored on.

maybe you could do a stat like how many points we have been scored on per minutes on defense as opposed to how many points we have been scored on per game.
    The Patriots score faster than any other team in the league therefore their D is on the field quite often. They don't give up crazy numbers like we do.

I know about all the factors but our D isn't all everyone thinks it is. Not that I'm not a fan of it, there are just sooooooo many different places we need help in it's ridiculous!!!

The Patriots score faster than any other team in the league therefore their D is on the field quite often. They don't give up crazy numbers like we do.

I know about all the factors but our D isn't all everyone thinks it is. Not that I'm not a fan of it, there are just sooooooo many different places we need help in it's ridiculous!!!
    it is hard to tell what the chiefs defense might truly rank because of how bad special teams and offense are. so i cant argue either way. you may very well b e right that we have some problems with our d.

but with the patriots logic....the patriots are still getting to kick it off...most of the times getting their opponent's starting field position to their own 20. chiefs are never so fortunate.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast