Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Inside info

Default Inside info

Ok, I talked with a very good family friend that has a little inside info on the Chiefs plans. This is what he said...

Carl will be around for at least 2 more years. No doubt about it, this is what Clark has to have right now. Unless something radical happens or presents itself.

Herm is here for another 3 years.... sorry HH. Again, unless something radical either presents itself or happens.

This is what we are looking at from somebody on the inside - well not still on the inside, but close to it still.

so drink up!

Quote Originally Posted by PawnshopMarimba View Post
    Either this pre-season, or last year, during a TV broadcast Carl said that Herm was going to be the last head coach he hired while he was GM here. That sounds to me pretty indicative that maybe, just maybe Peterson *will* actually be out of here within a few years.
    Please let it be next year, please!!!
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

No dice. He pretty much confirmed in a Q&A with Rhonda Maas that he'd be around next season.

Quote Originally Posted by tammietailgator View Post
    Ok, I talked with a very good family friend that has a little inside info on the Chiefs plans. This is what he said...

Carl will be around for at least 2 more years. No doubt about it, this is what Clark has to have right now. Unless something radical happens or presents itself.

Herm is here for another 3 years.... sorry HH. Again, unless something radical either presents itself or happens.

This is what we are looking at from somebody on the inside - well not still on the inside, but close to it still.

so drink up!
    Maybe there's some truth to moving the team to LA in a few years. Heard it through the grapevine, that when Lamar passed Clark wouldn't want to keep the franchise here. Just rumors, but tanking a couple seasons and gettting attendance to drop like it has...there might be some truth to it. God I hope that little mouse was wrong. I am a conspiracy theorist at heart...I also think Herm is trying to get Tony G to retire early....

I doubt they would've pressed so hard for stadium renovations if they intended to move in a few years... but you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    Maybe there's some truth to moving the team to LA in a few years. Heard it through the grapevine, that when Lamar passed Clark wouldn't want to keep the franchise here. Just rumors, but tanking a couple seasons and gettting attendance to drop like it has...there might be some truth to it. God I hope that little mouse was wrong. I am a conspiracy theorist at heart...I also think Herm is trying to get Tony G to retire early....
    Nah, the L.A. NFL situation is a mess. For such a big market, they never could sell out a game with the Raiders or the Rams. Plus, the local officials still want to put a team in the Coliseum which the NFL doesn't want. I honestly don't see any team in L.A. in the next decade. Their closest chance was the Chargers a couple years ago and even then they couldn't agree on a stadium location. The Chiefs do pretty well selling tickets and that's all that really matters when you're an owner.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Good Lord... <sigh>
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by tammietailgator View Post

so drink up!
    Just how close to the inside are we talking about; not doubting your word or your sources knowledge of the situation, just interested in confirming the accuracy of the claims. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Just how close to the inside are we talking about; not doubting your word or your sources knowledge of the situation, just interested in confirming the accuracy of the claims. :)

she slept with carl, and that is what carl told her.

edit...and by sleep i mean they took a nap together, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by timsatt1 View Post

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by timsatt1 View Post

Thank you
    1st off disregard anything Tim says.... He doesn't know me.

My husband has a family friend, whom he has known all his life - they are very close to us. He in fact is retired, but still has royalties with the Chiefs franchise. He made a lot of changes in KC. He went to lamars funeral, knows clark well. He knows the hunts better than I know tavia. He comes to my office now with his dog and I talked with him and asked him what was going to happen - he told me. No behind the scence shinanagans like tim insinuates.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast