Thread: draft

Default draft

I don't, particularly, like our draft position. I would love to see the Chiefs "trade up" high enough to pick Amobi Okoye.

Unfortunately, I can't see us working that kind of a deal. However, I could envision us working out some kind of a "trade down" deal. I would like to see us get a pair of picks in the thirty to fourty-five area. There are some very good prospects for the offensive and defensive tackle positions, in that range.

Joe Staley is my favorite OT prospect, Tony Ugoh and Arron Sears are also very good prospects that would, likely be available. As for DT, Demarcus Tyler and Kareem Brown are potential studs.

I would hate to see us go "reaching" from a spot that other teams would love to have. I also would hate to see us throw a first round pick at a wide reciever.

I think that our biggest needs, as a team, are quite clear. In order, OT; DT; then WR. Not to say that we couldn't use some help, elsewhere. But those are the biggest problem areas of the team, right now. (IMO)

I just wanted to voice my opinion, early.

By the way, if you don't Know who Amobi Okoye is... He is a defensive tackle from Louisville. He is listed at 6'1", 317 lbs. He is only nineteen years old!! He started playing college football, for Louisville, at the age of fifteen. The guy is a stout run defender, and a ton of a pass-rusher, from the inside. At nineteen, he still has some room to grow, as well. His "draft stock" has been rising and will continue to rise. Right up to the draft. The only way the Chiefs wind-up drafting him, is if they "trade up", because he won't last to the later half of the first round.

Default Re: draft

chief31 wrote:
    I don't, particularly, like our draft position. I would love to see the Chiefs "trade up" high enough to pick Amobi Okoye.

Unfortunately, I can't see us working that kind of a deal. However, I could envision us working out some kind of a "trade down" deal. I would like to see us get a pair of picks in the thirty to fourty-five area. There are some very good prospects for the offensive and defensive tackle positions, in that range.

Joe Staley is my favorite OT prospect, Tony Ugoh and Arron Sears are also very good prospects that would, likely be available. As for DT, Demarcus Tyler and Kareem Brown are potential studs.

I would hate to see us go "reaching" from a spot that other teams would love to have. I also would hate to see us throw a first round pick at a wide reciever.

I think that our biggest needs, as a team, are quite clear. In order, OT; DT; then WR. Not to say that we couldn't use some help, elsewhere. But those are the biggest problem areas of the team, right now. (IMO)

I just wanted to voice my opinion, early.

By the way, if you don't Know who Amobi Okoye is... He is a defensive tackle from Louisville. He is listed at 6'1", 317 lbs. He is only nineteen years old!! He started playing college football, for Louisville, at the age of fifteen. The guy is a stout run defender, and a ton of a pass-rusher, from the inside. At nineteen, he still has some room to grow, as well. His "draft stock" has been rising and will continue to rise. Right up to the draft. The only way the Chiefs wind-up drafting him, is if they "trade up", because he won't last to the later half of the first round.
    See this is the problem, as I see it, Queen Carl drafts just good enough to have a season that yields a rotten draft position.

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

i`m not sold on Okoye. alot of draft reports say he comes and goes,raw. and we all know the queen cant draft DT`S. i`d say see if any FA`S are out there. it seems about a third have us drafting okoya,a third drafting a wideout and third in the O-line. sooooo that tells me your guess is as good as mine.

I will cross my fingers, in hopes that we don't take a wide-out in the first round. There's only one WR that I would think about taking in the first round. And I would be astonished to see Calvin Johnson available where we will be drafting.

chief31 wrote:
    I will cross my fingers, in hopes that we don't take a wide-out in the first round. There's only one WR that I would think about taking in the first round. And I would be astonished to see Calvin Johnson available where we will be drafting.
    I think our most glaring need is at OL

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

i think they will end up taking the "best player on the board"

wolfpack wrote:
    i think they will end up taking the "best player on the board"
    I'm hoping we can trade up.