Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Gameday Virgin needs help

Default Gameday Virgin needs help

Hello all Chiefs fans. I am Georgia's biggest Chiefs fan and will be attending my first Chiefs game in Arrrowhead this sunday for my birthday present. I am leving 78 degree weather to head to KC for an event of a lifetime. I have been a Chiefs fans since i was a little girl. I collected cards of my favs like, Lenny Dawson, Ed Podalak, Jan Stenerude, Otis Taylor and the likes. So this is going to be a dream come true and i don't want to miss anything. My question is......we will not have a vehicle to tailgate with so what would you recommend for a "virgin" gameday fan? Will it be more exciting to go into the stadium as soon as it opnes or is the party outside better? Looking for any advice to make my Chiefs experience the best.
    Thanks in advance.
    Georgia Girl

I think HH is now going to the game. HH - why don't you show them the tailgating.

Where are you staying? We can give you directions to the game that take you by SportsNutz (40 Highway & Blue Ridge Cut-off) on your way. You can get gear & face painting there. There is a grocery store next door to get the brats.

The gas station across the street sells beer, but only buy the standards there: bud / bud light / mil's best /etc.

A few weeks ago, we bought boulevard there, got to the stadium and realized it had probably been on the shelf for about 7 yrs.

Blues: BB's Lawnside BBQ (http://www.bbslawnsidebbq.com/) is GREAT for blues / beer / bbq on Sat night. I haven't lived in KC for about 7-8 yrs, but it was the best when I was there. BTW - their web-site says one of the top 5 in bbq in KC....

I don't know the band (Saturday, 15th Levee Town w/Mary Bridget Davis 9pm), but the atmosphere was always great.

Stadium: If you go in early, you can sit anywhere and watch warm-up. People will be nice if you are sitting in their seat 30 - 45 min prior to kick-off. You can get great pic's.

Everyone is right - save at least 2 hrs for tailgating before you go in. Otherwise, you didn't really go to Arrowhead.

Have fun!
    You can only have one favorite team. There are no "second favorites".
    -- Chris, resident of Arrowhead East (St. Louis)

Quote Originally Posted by luv View Post
    That's your excuse. I wonder what everyone else's would be. [/sarcasm]
    I do believe I have hung out with ya on three occasions now.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Tailgate three hours before going into the stadium because you wont want to pay stadium prices for food and drink.
    Wait? How would you know this?
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by timsatt1 View Post
    dont forget to call me...again it is 316-867-5309.
    timsatt made a funny!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqUPApCUt90"]YouTube - Jenny (867-5309)[/ame]
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    Wait? How would you know this?
    You forget, I have gone to one game.

Quote Originally Posted by stlchief View Post
    I think HH is now going to the game. HH - why don't you show them the tailgating.

Where are you staying? We can give you directions to the game that take you by SportsNutz (40 Highway & Blue Ridge Cut-off) on your way. You can get gear & face painting there. There is a grocery store next door to get the brats.

The gas station across the street sells beer, but only buy the standards there: bud / bud light / mil's best /etc.

A few weeks ago, we bought boulevard there, got to the stadium and realized it had probably been on the shelf for about 7 yrs.

Blues: BB's Lawnside BBQ (http://www.bbslawnsidebbq.com/) is GREAT for blues / beer / bbq on Sat night. I haven't lived in KC for about 7-8 yrs, but it was the best when I was there. BTW - their web-site says one of the top 5 in bbq in KC....

I don't know the band (Saturday, 15th Levee Town w/Mary Bridget Davis 9pm), but the atmosphere was always great.

Stadium: If you go in early, you can sit anywhere and watch warm-up. People will be nice if you are sitting in their seat 30 - 45 min prior to kick-off. You can get great pic's.

Everyone is right - save at least 2 hrs for tailgating before you go in. Otherwise, you didn't really go to Arrowhead.

Have fun!
    wow, thanks for all of the information. I think we are staying close to the stadium so we should be able to make it by SportsNutz. Guess that is the place to go after the VICTORY? We are staying Sunday night too, so will be looking for a place to go watch the rest of the games and get some food and drinks. Sounds like we are informed and ready to go, heading out in the morning and hoping we don't get snowed in somewhere in between. Southern drivers and snow don't mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Georgiagirl View Post
    wow, thanks for all of the information. I think we are staying close to the stadium so we should be able to make it by SportsNutz. Guess that is the place to go after the VICTORY? We are staying Sunday night too, so will be looking for a place to go watch the rest of the games and get some food and drinks. Sounds like we are informed and ready to go, heading out in the morning and hoping we don't get snowed in somewhere in between. Southern drivers and snow don't mix.

Good luck to you; have fun and be safe! :)

Quote Originally Posted by timsatt1 View Post
    dont forget to call me...again it is 316-867-5309.
    Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    That's because everyone on this site wants to hang out with you...right Tim. Actually I'm stuck in the Denver Airport tonight...I should crank call you...
    Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    timsatt made a funny!

Okay, yes I know the song, and I have it on my IPOD...it's an 80s favorite...however I didn't catch or expect this from the resident youngster.

Well done Tim...
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Look for a little pizza place called Minskeys they gave great pizza and alot of Tv's to watch the games . Otherwise try a place called Fox and the Hound. they have great food and a million plasma tv's on the wall . with anything you want to drink. Both are fairly close to the stadium . I have hung out with Canada and hermhater and also KC Katt at the Fox and the Hound. ( My personal favorite ) ! and Sports nutz is not having autographs this weekend for the first time in along time the manager told me. He said he couldnt get anyone to come. He sounded like the players were kinda losing the fire and were kinda giving up from the way he sounded.Dont wuote me on that be it just sounded like that . Go there before the game and make sure when they ask whats up ? you yell the Chiefs are up baby !

....and when u see the big black dude, just point at the floor in front of him and see if he looks. If he does just laugh and walk away!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast