Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Gameday Virgin needs help

Default Gameday Virgin needs help

Hello all Chiefs fans. I am Georgia's biggest Chiefs fan and will be attending my first Chiefs game in Arrrowhead this sunday for my birthday present. I am leving 78 degree weather to head to KC for an event of a lifetime. I have been a Chiefs fans since i was a little girl. I collected cards of my favs like, Lenny Dawson, Ed Podalak, Jan Stenerude, Otis Taylor and the likes. So this is going to be a dream come true and i don't want to miss anything. My question is......we will not have a vehicle to tailgate with so what would you recommend for a "virgin" gameday fan? Will it be more exciting to go into the stadium as soon as it opnes or is the party outside better? Looking for any advice to make my Chiefs experience the best.
    Thanks in advance.
    Georgia Girl

Quote Originally Posted by Georgiagirl View Post
    No sitting for me, I have been floating on cloud nine for the 3 months since i found out i was going. I know it might get "old hat" for some that have been doing for a while, but there is no way i could sit(hope the people behind me understand). I hate people who go to games and sit like they are watching on tv at home.

BTW, I love your pictures HH on the picture forum. you have some really great shots.

No Chiefs undies, will have to look into getting those while in KC. Do you know how hard it has been finding KC gear in Georgia?
    It is never "old hat" going to Arrowhead girl. It is more of a religious experience than anything else!!!

You can thank the KC Star for the pictures. I haven't been posting them for some time now, no one wants to see the agony on the players faces as they continue their slide...

Are you coming to KC alone, or brining friends/family?
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    It is never "old hat" going to Arrowhead girl. It is more of a religious experience than anything else!!!
    Are you coming to KC alone, or brining friends/family?

Bringing family, my brother and sister. this is their gift to me. A family ROAD TRIP...nothing better. Rolling in saturday and going to get some BBQ and JAZZ the night before the game. Good times ahead

I like to drink beers with Chiefs fans from out of town.

Where are you guys staying, near Arrowhead?

I live real close, and try to meet up at one of the local bars (even though there is no freakin' smoking in bars in Independence anymore) for beers.

Make sure you get Gates Spicy Hot BBQ sauce!!!
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

I live real close, and try to meet up at one of the local bars (even though there is no freakin' smoking in bars in Independence anymore) for beers.

They have made all the arrangements so I am not really sure, but they said it was close to the stadium. Is Gates better than Jack Stacks?

The best is Gates in my opinion. Then Zarda, then Arthur Bryants.

So is there a better section of the parking for tailgating than another? I am taking all advice into account. BBQ and all.....

Quote Originally Posted by Georgiagirl View Post
    So is there a better section of the parking for tailgating than another? I am taking all advice into account. BBQ and all.....
    YZILLA does some good tailgating but he won't be going to this game I don't think...

Guru are you going to the game?

He always tailgates great too I have heard!

I haven't been to a game in a long time but there are always great tailgates going on!

then quit....***
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

I tried again, but it didn't stick.

grow some balls
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast