Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 150

Thread: Calling out Hermhater and all other Haterz

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Posts
    320
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0

    Default Calling out Hermhater and all other Haterz


    0 Not allowed!
    I rarely visit this site anymore because everytime I do my blood starts to rush while reading, because the forum is filled with so much hate and negativity towards the team that I love and cheer for and defend every week.. And this is a Chiefs fan site!!!!!!! Hey HermHater have you ever played a sport in your life besides synchronized swimming??? Because some of your off the wall comments are ridiculous... Like this one that got me really mad, something about how losing is a mentality that carries over to the next year.. Great statement!!!!! yeah I'm sure these guys play football and want to go 0-16 every year because they're used to losing. Maybe that should be the goal, right?? You love the Dick Vermeil era, great, he was a great coach but accomplished nothing. 13-3 and got bounced out of the playoffs at home in the first round they played in. You guys bash a coach that took over an aging team that has had two hall of fame offensive lineman retire in his first two years. What do you think they are a dime a dozen?? Especially a Left Tackle. He took over a team in transition and last year was almost a gift to make it to the playoffs. I think the draft over the passed two years has been good with the exception being medlock. Theres a bright future with an influx of young talent coming in every year. At least I'm a realistic fan and no matter what will defend my team even from so-called other chiefs fans. If you hate this team so much and get your jollies off when you bash it go be a RAIDERS fan!!!!!!!!!

  2. #51
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,146
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 27

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by garciakcfan View Post
    it took vermeil 23 years of coaching in the NFl to win a superbowl. Edwards only been coaching the chiefs for 2!!! And in the league for almost 7

    It was ten years. He got his team to the Super Bowl, for his first time, in his fifth year. He spent seven years with the Eagles, then got the Rams there in his third season with them. That is ten seasons. Who doesn't know what they are talking about?

  3. #52
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Posts
    320
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    it was 23 years with the gap of not coaching for 15 of them from 82-97.

  4. #53
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,146
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 27

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by garciakcfan View Post

    As for the losing stigma or theory or whatever you guys want to call it.. My high school had a bad football team until my junior year when my class made the jump to varsity. My school was 0-32 and were one or two i cant remember from setting the ny state record for consecutive losses and you know what, practicing with the varsity from 9th grade i never thought those guys were losers or wanted to lose or made it a habit but i watched them lose every game for two years and watched them bust their butt in practice to try and win. So dont sit here and tell me how its contagious.. My very first game on varsity we WON!!! You ever hear of something called "more talent"

    As for "rubbing people the wrong way" maybe you're offended because you doubt your "fanhood" im very secure about my life and myself and my team how about you???

    Anyways bring on the replies
    So, you didn't believe them to be losers... And yet they just kept losing............DUHHH!!! The team got used to losing. They were expected to lose. Other teams expected to beat them. That is what I would call a trend, even a habit. You brought a perfect example of how losing becomes a habit, then tell me that it isn't contagious?

    How about the Cleveland Browns? Were they so short on talent in recent years? How did they get so good now? Same talent, for the most part. It is a losing atmosphere.

    And yes, I will sit here and tell you whatever the he77 I feel like telling you.

  5. #54
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,146
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 27

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by garciakcfan View Post
    it was 23 years with the gap of not coaching for 15 of them from 82-97.
    Yeah.... That's ten years of coaching.

  6. #55
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Posts
    320
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    The point of the story was if "losing" as you say is a habit why didnt we lose?? especially considering we snapped the streak on our very first varsity game even with upperclassmen who had lost for 3 or 4 years in a row actually we had winning records during my varsity career. People who are losers in life and on the field dont care about winning or losing these guys did. They wanted to win they were in the weight room. Running and going to football camps

  7. #56
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,091
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by garciakcfan View Post
    it was 23 years with the gap of not coaching for 15 of them from 82-97.
    Vermeils coaching resume
    1969-1973 Los Angeles Rams
    1976-1982 Philadelphia Eagles
    1997-1999 St. Louis Rams
    2001-2005 Kansas City Chiefs

    He was a coach in the NFL for 20 years.

    Career record is 126-114-0 (including Postseason)
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

  8. #57
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Posts
    320
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    better yet here you go

    1976 phi | 4 10 0 | 0 0 |
    | 1977 phi | 5 9 0 | 0 0 |
    | 1978 phi | 9 7 0 | 0 1 |
    | 1979 phi | 11 5 0 | 1 1 |
    | 1980 phi | 12 4 0 | 2 1 |
    | 1981 phi | 10 6 0 | 0 1 |
    | 1982 phi | 3 6 0 | 0 0 |
    | 1997 stl | 5 11 0 | 0 0 |
    | 1998 stl | 4 12 0 | 0 0 |
    | 1999 stl | 13 3 0 | 3 0 |
    | 2001 kan | 6 10 0 | 0 0 |
    | 2002 kan | 8 8 0 | 0 0 |
    | 2003 kan | 13 3 0 | 0 1 |
    | 2004 kan | 7 9 0 | 0 0 |
    | 2005 kan | 10 6 0 | 0 0 |
    +----------+--------------+----------+
    | TOTALS | 120 109 0 | 6 5 |
    +----------+--------------+----------+

    Herm:

    Year TM | W L T | W L |
    +----------+--------------+----------+
    | 2001 nyj | 10 6 0 | 0 1 |
    | 2002 nyj | 9 7 0 | 1 1 |
    | 2003 nyj | 6 10 0 | 0 0 |
    | 2004 nyj | 10 6 0 | 1 1 |
    | 2005 nyj | 4 12 0 | 0 0 |
    | 2006 kan | 9 7 0 | 0 1 |
    | 2007 kan | 4 9 0 | 0 0 |
    +----------+--------------+----------+
    | TOTALS | 52 57 0 | 2 4 |
    +----------+--------------+----------+

  9. #58
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,146
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 27

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by garciakcfan View Post
    The point of the story was if "losing" as you say is a habit why didnt we lose?? especially considering we snapped the streak on our very first varsity game even with upperclassmen who had lost for 3 or 4 years in a row actually we had winning records during my varsity career. People who are losers in life and on the field dont care about winning or losing these guys did. They wanted to win they were in the weight room. Running and going to football camps
    Noone ever said that it was impossible to overcome a trend of losing. If that were the case, then we would just eliminate every team that ever lost three or four games in a row. But when you dig yourself a hole, it can be very difficult to climb out. It's about confidence. If you are on the team that has been losing for a long time, then there is a subtle lack in confidence, combined with the higher level of confidence that each opponent has, knowing that your team hasn't been able to win.

    You know this as well as anyone, but opened your mouth and mis-spoke, now you are just trying to defend yourself by standing the ground you took, knowing that it is an island.

    The entire basis for bringing that up, was as reason not to root for losses. If you would have read the context of peoples posts, instead of just a few random posts, you would already know that.

    But you came on here challenging peoples posts, without knowing what they were about.

    Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    Vermeils coaching resume
    1969-1973 Los Angeles Rams
    1976-1982 Philadelphia Eagles
    1997-1999 St. Louis Rams
    2001-2005 Kansas City Chiefs

    He was a coach in the NFL for 20 years.

    Career record is 126-114-0 (including Postseason)
    The first stint with the Rams was as an assistant, right?

  10. #59
    Member Since
    Aug 2006
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    1,540
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by garciakcfan View Post
    Nope, I'm back. Had to work today and just got home.

    Hermhater as i read your post its clear you dont know anything about football. Comparing the two coaches as i did i looked at both of there records pretty interesting here. Edwards is still in his 7th season so i only counted games up until the 6th year Edwards 48 wins, Vermeil 52. Its funny because as such a great coach that cry baby was he retired with a 52% winning percentage. And didnt win one playoff game with the chiefs. And what is your biggest knock on the Edwards?? it took vermeil 23 years of coaching in the NFl to win a superbowl. Edwards only been coaching the chiefs for 2!!! And in the league for almost 7

    About your draft statement and im pretty sure will shields wasnt retired yet so they didnt draft lineman except taylor in the sixth. But because you say he did nothing heres some more facts for you.. and let me say that i personally think it was a good draft with the exception being medlock. 1. Dewayne Bowe 2. Turk Mcbride 3. Tank 4. no pick 5. Kolby Smith hmmm wonder how that one turned out?? 6. Herb Taylor 7. Allan Now do you really think that was a busted draft??? Please tell me, Because if they didnt draft Bowe with the first pick everyone would have been in uproar again about not having a wr threat and he's awesome. Two young DT's, i think they have a great future. Smith, well i've watched him play the past few weeks and he damn good. Taylor and Allan we'll see in the near future with them.

    So, you played football in high school?? Left bench?? or waterboy?? And why would i want them to throw in the towel and lose the rest of their games???

    As for Nigerian how impressive was Mike Tomlins resume when pittsburgh hired him??? He had absolutely no head coaching experience at all and didnt even play in the league....They took a gamble and he inherited a good team.. Herm inherited a team in transition that needs to get young fast. Geez people on here, so maybe you should check yourself and actually think before you speak

    As for the jets I dont really know the whole situation but out of the 5 years he coached there 3 were winning seasons...

    As for the losing stigma or theory or whatever you guys want to call it.. My high school had a bad football team until my junior year when my class made the jump to varsity. My school was 0-32 and were one or two i cant remember from setting the ny state record for consecutive losses and you know what, practicing with the varsity from 9th grade i never thought those guys were losers or wanted to lose or made it a habit but i watched them lose every game for two years and watched them bust their butt in practice to try and win. So dont sit here and tell me how its contagious.. My very first game on varsity we WON!!! You ever hear of something called "more talent"

    As for "rubbing people the wrong way" maybe you're offended because you doubt your "fanhood" im very secure about my life and myself and my team how about you???

    Anyways bring on the replies
    You got to play football to be a fan? That's ridiculous. You're the one coming on here whining and crying because people are frustrated because their team isn't going in the right direction. Are you sure that you're not timsatt in disguise?
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad


  11. #60
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,091
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post



    The first stint with the Rams was as an assistant, right?
    Yeah, after looking at it again, he must have been. Don't know why Wiki listed him as such.

    Hell, he served under 3 different head coaches during his stint with the LA Rams.

    George Allen
    Tommy Prothro
    Chuck Knox
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •