Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheering for Chiefs Losses, who is with me?

Default Cheering for Chiefs Losses, who is with me?

yeah yeah, i know the hardcore fans cannot cheer for more losses, because for some reason wins still matter to them even if they dont make the playoffs.

But 3 or 4 more losses, however many games are left this year, can GREATLY impact the chiefs next season in a positive way.

The most important reason is, if we lose our remaining games, the Herm era is for sure over. I personally think it is already over, but the more losses, the greater we will clean house with the coaches.

The second, and maybe equal to the above, most important reason for losing is that we have the opportunity to draft a way better player(s) next year or use our high draft pick for a good trade.

Either way, I think losing is going to benefit us for next year. Yes, it sounds like an oxymoron....but it is what it is.

And i was just curious....is there anyone else like me hoping for the remaining games to be losses?

let me at least attempt to explain myself....it is playoffs or nothing for me....

...if we dont make the playoffs, i dont care if we go 8-8 or 0-16.

same difference.

i am guessing that the majority of the board does not share my feelings, but i am curious.

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

right now we will probably draft around 6 or so. if we lost the rest of the games, probably around 4th,i hope. thats one good thing about our record. the second if we lose the rest is maybe,just maybe, clark might pull his head out and do something,maybe.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Doesn't matter where we draft with Carl calling the shots there will be limited improvement to the roster. We need more than a few more losses to get this thing turned around.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    Doesn't matter where we draft with Carl calling the shots there will be limited improvement to the roster. We need more than a few more losses to get this thing turned around.

probably true.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack View Post
    right now we will probably draft around 6 or so. if we lost the rest of the games, probably around 4th,i hope. thats one good thing about our record. the second if we lose the rest is maybe,just maybe, clark might pull his head out and do something,maybe.
    I would be really surprised if Clark makes any changes. You all must remember, the top Priority of the Hunt family is the renovation of arrowhead. I am just guessing, I do not know as fact. But they put up a lot of money, and they are wanting to honor their father Lamar. So my guess is the focus of the owners, are on the stadium, and will not make changes on the team.

No where close to being with you on this one.

I'm hoping we win out. 7-9 and drafting 2 or 3 spots lower sounds much better to me. How do you tell a free agent who wants to play for a contender to come to KC if you win 4 games???

Probably we end some where between 4 & 7 wins (READ: 5 or 6).
    You can only have one favorite team. There are no "second favorites".
    -- Chris, resident of Arrowhead East (St. Louis)

Quote Originally Posted by stlchief View Post

I'm hoping we win out. 7-9 and drafting 2 or 3 spots lower sounds much better to me. How do you tell a free agent who wants to play for a contender to come to KC if you win 4 games???

Good point!! You are on your own timsass

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Quote Originally Posted by stlchief View Post

There are Millions of reasons, lol but for that Carl is too much of a cheapskate. As much as I would love to say lose out on purpose and get a great draft pick, 1. I don't think I have to want this team to lose, they seem to do fine regardless of my feelings, 2. Even if I say I don't want the team to win, I root for the win on Sunday and I get mad when they lose. I cant stand barely losing, but losing bad is even worse, as much as I may want to, I cant buy the lose to win mentality.

It hurts to say this,but i hope we dont win again this year.It is time to stop telling themself and everone else we are about to get better,t is clear to me we are not.There are a lot of realy good players on this team, but more below average ones.Time for change.

Quote Originally Posted by bryonc View Post
    There are Millions of reasons, lol but for that Carl is too much of a cheapskate. As much as I would love to say lose out on purpose and get a great draft pick, 1. I don't think I have to want this team to lose, they seem to do fine regardless of my feelings, 2. Even if I say I don't want the team to win, I root for the win on Sunday and I get mad when they lose. I cant stand barely losing, but losing bad is even worse, as much as I may want to, I cant buy the lose to win mentality.
    yeah, in MOST cases, they players go for the money. There are the times, however, when a player is near the end of their career and wants to go to a contender. But money speaks louder than anything else. Number one priority...and it should be, this is their job after all. That is how most jobs work. You go for high dollar.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast