Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Herman Edwards may be fired

Default Herman Edwards may be fired

Around the league. Running back Larry Johnson still expects to return this season from a foot injury he suffered in early November, despite the fact that the Chiefs' season is all but lost. ... Speaking of Kansas City, there is growing speculation that coach Herman Edwards may be fired. The Chiefs are anemic on offense and the team's brass may look for an offensive-minded coach. To Edwards' credit, the Chiefs have shown some defensive improvement and his players appear to like working for him. .

Sorry if this has been posted already. This is from denverpost.com, I seen it on the up to date Kansas City Chiefs News web site.

Quote Originally Posted by prough91 View Post
    I was excited when they brought Herm in. I bet a lot of us was, but don't want to admit it. He's hampered by an old team and a GM with a god complex. Let's lay off til the offseason and see what happens.
    I will also admit to this, and the Defense was looking good and even like the KC Chiefs Defense that we where know for, total failure of the offense and cp not addressing the o-line aging in the DV years.
    Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    So how many QB's has he lost to injury in the 3 years of his career?

Hmmmm...

5 his last season in NY, Trent Green last year, and our 1st, 2nd, and 3rd stinger have been hurt this year.

I think 9 QB's in 3 years is a stat that has never happened before.

Research away guys, but I doubt it has ever happened before.

We have a coach of epic Offensive injuries.

I agree here also, Herm came into a rebuilding team, with an aging O-line! Play calling, just bad, who at fault, the head coach! Who will go, Soliar

Again, there's only so much help a team can get through the draft and FA, due to the draft. I, for one, don't know what he had to deal with in NY with the GM and such. He got an old, old offensive line with two pro-bowlers retiring in the last two years. If the Chiefs suck it up this off-season, I will join h-squared's hatred of them. lol

I will agree here also, but I still think Herm can be effective as head coach, but he needs a new Offensive coordinator, and he needs to let that coach play to win. The mentality of playing to not lose, is my biggest problem with Herm!
    But I am just a fan of the Chiefs, and I am no expert on coaching a team, or managing a team.
    I have stated in another thread, that cp and herm will not be fired, because the Hunt family is focused on the renovations of Arrowhead,. I believe that carl should be canned, and want it, I do not see it happening until after Arrowhead is done, and then he will just retire.

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Triple downer man...

That sucks.

Go download Ventrilo and you can talk to others on this site while watching the game.

It's pretty awesome.
    God, i wish I was as rich as H-squared and could afford a laptop.

"If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

Hey, at least you will still watch!!

I have a laptop. Man, get out of the 90's.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    I told you. I was old.

Quote Originally Posted by tammietailgator View Post
    Hey, at least you will still watch!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post

I don't have a laptop, I have a computer right next to my lazy boy!

Ventrilo is free!
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

You know, I think I will do that, I have a laptop that is always on my coffee table when I am watching the game, looking up stats and stuff like that.

It would be cool to get on with other crazed Chief fans!

I'm giving Herm draft day to get this thing together, if it looks like we drafted well, then we'll wait until the season begins and how we finish. If I had to choose right now, I'd say fire him though.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

I told you. I was old.
    I am older than you so that is no excuse.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    I will also admit to this, and the Defense was looking good and even like the KC Chiefs Defense that we where know for, total failure of the offense and cp not addressing the o-line aging in the DV years.

I agree here also, Herm came into a rebuilding team, with an aging O-line! Play calling, just bad, who at fault, the head coach! Who will go, Soliar

I will agree here also, but I still think Herm can be effective as head coach, but he needs a new Offensive coordinator, and he needs to let that coach play to win. The mentality of playing to not lose, is my biggest problem with Herm!
    But I am just a fan of the Chiefs, and I am no expert on coaching a team, or managing a team.
    I have stated in another thread, that cp and herm will not be fired, because the Hunt family is focused on the renovations of Arrowhead,. I believe that carl should be canned, and want it, I do not see it happening until after Arrowhead is done, and then he will just retire.
    I agree absolutely. I just haven't gave up on Herm yet. No one has won with Carl yet

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast