Thread: Inside Raiders Information

Default Inside Raiders Information

This comes from a buddy of mine that is a member of raidersfan.net. Don't be to hard on me that I am friends with the enemy. Anyways here it is.

Just to let you all know, it was slightly discussed in the middle of this last week, but tonight after the game on the way to Oakland, it was confirmed...

Here are some key changes at RB, especially for this coming week.

The Raiders will start Dominic Rhodes next Sunday.

The Raiders will either make Lamont Jordan Inactive or release him...That's still pending a decision following the training room on Monday.
    If roster space is needed, Jordan will be cut.

Fargas will backup Rhodes on Sunday.

Lamont would have been cut the week of the Chiefs game, but when Holmes retired and Johnson was hurt, the Raiders knew the Chiefs would pick up Lamont and play him against us, something they didn't want to see happen... So they kept him on board...

The thinking in starting Rhodes is, obviously, it's going against his old team Indianapolis, and they really want to see what he is able to do, should he be kept around for next season...

The Raiders didn't want Rhodes playing in Green Bay (hence the inactive) because of the weather (just like Jamarcus). It was the Raiders intentions for the most part to start Rhodes against Indy and most likely for the last 2 games of the season... They didn't want anything happening in Green Bay for that gameplan to be hampered.

Anyhow, no news on the QB yet, but thought I'd let you all know what the RB deal is!

then this seperate post

Hey all,

I will be back late Wednesday with an update on the QB/RB situation vs Indy!

But check this out....

Most of you may know by now that Bobby Petrino was just named coach of the Razorbacks after resigning from the Falcons...

There is a VERY pissed off person right now, well actually two.

After the game in Jacksonville on Dec. 23rd, Lane Kiffin and Arkansas agreed to announce that he'd be the new head coach of the Razorbacks.

It came as a total SHOCK to Lane today that they brought on Petrino... Lane was Arkansas' 2nd choice, Petrino was #1. They didn't think Bobby could get out of his contract. But just recently, they went back to Bobby and told him what their plan was (to hire Lane). After Monday night's game, and the Vick sentence, Petrino most have said "screw it, I'm resigning" I want the job!

But wait... I told you there were TWO pissed off people right now...Of course, one is Lane... but who's the other???

AL DAVIS.

Believe it or not, Al Davis bartered the deal courtesy of Jerry Jones (Arkansas ties) for Lane to take the job over there... That's right, Al wanted Lane out and helped him get out (hence the announcement that was coming after the Jax game)... Now, Al Davis is fuming, b/c Lane didn't get the job!

What does this all mean for Lane and the 2008 Raiders? Your guess is as good as mine!

then i saw this post

Hey all!

I'm back...

There will be more news coming out late tonight or tomorrow, posted by me... But here is one that will keep you all going for now...

This could happen at ANYTIME, 30% chance before the game on Sunday, but most likely sometime after that...

Rob Ryan is being FIRED...

I'll have more information later on...This is just the beginning! There is a LOT happening right now...

Stay Tuned!

wow and you think the Chiefs are in trouble!!!:carrot:

Well we are in more trouble than the Raiders that is for sure...

The Chiefs trailing the Raiders in the division...

Makes me want to puke!!!
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

OK, who's talking in the thread starter; you or your buddy?

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    OK, who's talking in the thread starter; you or your buddy?
    It sounds like it is some other member of the raidersfan site. At least that's the way I read it.

It's a guy that my buddy says has something to do with the raiders. He always posting stuff my friend says and it usually happens.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefsfan31 View Post
    It's a guy that my buddy says has something to do with the raiders. He always posting stuff my friend says and it usually happens.
    Thanks for the clarification.

Rob Ryan? fired?

Jesus Carl. Sign him up before the door hits him Carl.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    Rob Ryan? fired?

Jesus Carl. Sign him up before the door hits him Carl.

Carl isn't that smart.