Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brian Westbrook

Default Brian Westbrook

I thought when Westbrook slid down on the one-yard line today at Dallas, it was one of the most unselfish plays I've seen in a long time. The thing was, if he had scored he would probably have sealed the win anyway the way Dallas was playing, but instead he guaranteed the win. I don't know if I could have stopped myself if I was that close to scoring.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

Quote Originally Posted by prough91 View Post
    I thought when Westbrook slid down on the one-yard line today at Dallas, it was one of the most unselfish plays I've seen in a long time. The thing was, if he had scored he would probably have sealed the win anyway the way Dallas was playing, but instead he guaranteed the win. I don't know if I could have stopped myself if I was that close to scoring.
    That was a very impressive decision by Westbrook. Eventhough he is my fantasy stud in a few leagues, and that play kept him from scoring more fantasy points, I loved seeing a player with the team-mentallity to do that.

He put the game before his own personal ambitions. He is truly a class-act.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    That was a very impressive decision by Westbrook. Eventhough he is my fantasy stud in a few leagues, and that play kept him from scoring more fantasy points, I loved seeing a player with the team-mentallity to do that.

He put the game before his own personal ambitions. He is truly a class-act.
    You could see in his body language that he wanted to score soooo bad. That's what impressed me so much that he stopped himself.

Quote Originally Posted by prough91 View Post
    that was a great move on his part.... didn't rub it in their faces just stopped the game. that was class act.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It was "Brillliant"

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WqO0Q_zNKA"]YouTube - Guinness - Bread- Brilliant!![/ame]
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

"The Eagles" and "class"? I just can't stomach the two in the same sentence.

But sure, turns out to have been a smart play under the circumstances, keeping the Cowboys away from getting a score, onside kick, and another score.

What are we talking about?

What did Westbrook do, I missed it.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    What are we talking about?

What did Westbrook do, I missed it.
    Well after the Chiefs game I suffered through watching the Eagles and Cowboys play a bad game of offense for 4 quarters. Eagles were up 10-6. It was late in the 4th quarter, around 2:00 to go, and Dallas was out of time outs. Brian Westbrook broke for what could have been a touchdown but decided to go down at the 1. This way, they could just take 3 snaps and game over. If he got the touchdown it would have been 17-6 but with almost 2 minutes to go Dallas would still have a longshot.

I just hate the Eagles so much! They are 6-8 and not going to the playoffs but by winning they are TECHNICALLY not eliminated and thus people here are deluding themselves.

I have never seen a player do that before. He had the presence of mind to know that Dallas had no timeouts and Philly could run the clock out-- while he was running toward the end zone on an NFL stage! Wow. Westbrook is a cerebral player. That guy is truly a rarity.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    I have never seen a player do that before. He had the presence of mind to know that Dallas had no timeouts and Philly could run the clock out-- while he was running toward the end zone on an NFL stage! Wow. Westbrook is a cerebral player. That guy is truly a rarity.
    Chris Berman said that he could count all the players he has seen do that on one hand and not get close to five.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast