Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Brodie"the future" Croyle

Default Brodie"the future" Croyle

Another two crucial INT's!!!! Man this kid has a future!!

I don't know what the arguing is all about.

What should be discussed is how many yards per pass attempt in a game.

That is what wins more than 80% of games in the NFL.

All these other stats you guys are arguing about are moot.

Who has the highest pass yards per attempt out there?

If you don't have time to throw the ball down the field you will win very few games.

Crap I can't figure out how we spent an entire friggin' day arguing over this.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post

If you don't have time to throw the ball down the field you will win very few games.

i think the real argument is should we really be comparing brodys stats already to anything? or should we give him some more games so his stats are actually "true sats" and not just "stats for his first 3 or so games"

i say it is way too early to even look at his stats...unless his stats were just GAWDAWFUL. but they are not GAWDAWFUL, they just are not good yet, which is ok.

Brodie should not be evaluated yet, I don't know what DH sees that he doesn't like (besides the interceptions) about him, but he has an opinion and gets to argue it just like all of us.

If Brodie turns out to be a bust, we won't know until Herm is gone.

All other arguments are irrelevant.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

I would think ypg would be a better precursor, wouldn't it? I would rather have a guy that threw 40 times for 400 yards a game than a guy that threw 20 times for 300, even though the second guy has a better yards per pass attempt. Does that make sense?
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

Quote Originally Posted by timsatt1 View Post
    i think the real argument is should we really be comparing brodys stats already to anything? or should we give him some more games so his stats are actually "true sats" and not just "stats for his first 3 or so games"

i say it is way too early to even look at his stats...unless his stats were just GAWDAWFUL. but they are not GAWDAWFUL, they just are not good yet, which is ok.
    I think this thread clearly indicates that there are more people than just little ole me that like to argue!!!! I was just stating my opinion about how I didn't think Croyle would put us over the hump. I don't care how many games he has played! I said this the day they drafted him. I was at the lakehouse and it ruined my weekend up north when I was listening to the draft and listened to them announce Croyles name! My opinion that's it!!

Quote Originally Posted by prough91 View Post
    I would think ypg would be a better precursor, wouldn't it? I would rather have a guy that threw 40 times for 400 yards a game than a guy that threw 20 times for 300, even though the second guy has a better yards per pass attempt. Does that make sense?
    Nope sorry guy, it doesn't.

That means he had to throw too many times for too few yards.

Here is a quote from the October 2007 Playboy (yes they talk about football too):

"The most important stat in Football"

"We will give you a hint, it's not total yards, total yards passing, total yards rushing, or how many beers the quarterback downed the night before the game. The most important statistic for winning games in the NFL is yards per pass. Take the gross amount of yards gained in the air and divide by the number of throws. The result is the best simple indicator of offensive effectiveness ever measured. Try this at the office every Monday morning during football season: Have someone open the sports pages to the NFL box scores and without asking who won, or even the names of the teams, have him give you just two totals for each team-the number of yards gained passing and the number of throws.The team that averaged the most yards per throw will be the winner more than 80 percent of the time. That's how it has been for the past half century in pro football, from Johnny Unitas to Peyton Manning. Good teams alway finish in the top half fof the league in yards per throw; bad teams finish in the bottom half. Let's simplify this even more: In the most recent Super Bowl, the Indianapolis Colts, who averaged 7.9 yards per throw during the regular season (first in the AFC) played the Chicago Bears, who averaged 6.7 (eighth in the NFC). Forget the running game, defense and kicking game, and just remember the two teams yards per throw. The Colts, or course won 29-17. History says the Bears never had a chance"

"In 36 of 41 Super Bowls, the team with the higher yards per pass won the game, including last year's" Colts 6.5, Bears 5.9"

Argue that.
    Last edited by hermhater; 12-18-2007 at 11:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    I think this thread clearly indicates that there are more people than just little ole me that like to argue!!!! I was just stating my opinion about how I didn't think Croyle would put us over the hump. I don't care how many games he has played! I said this the day they drafted him. I was at the lakehouse and it ruined my weekend up north when I was listening to the draft and listened to them announce Croyles name! My opinion that's it!!

hey and i am not saying that your opinion is wrong!

you may very well be right!!

i hope he turns out to be better than expected though.

but i dont think anyone here is saying you are wrong about brody.

they tend to say more or less that you might be right, but most of us here on the board want to take a chance on him.

me personally, i want to see the chiefs finally try and mold a young qb instead of repeating history and picking up an old, end of career qb.

Quote Originally Posted by timsatt1 View Post
    hey and i am not saying that your opinion is wrong!

you may very well be right!!

i hope he turns out to be better than expected though.

but i dont think anyone here is saying you are wrong about brody.

they tend to say more or less that you might be right, but most of us here on the board want to take a chance on him.

me personally, i want to see the chiefs finally try and mold a young qb instead of repeating history and picking up an old, end of career qb.
    I kind of feel the same about molding someone, just not him. There were far more pressing needs when he was drafted. There are a lot of teams that are having success these days with veterans that have been "successful" backups in the league. I'm not talking about the Huards of the league either. We didn't even give anyone a look. I just have a feeling we will end up like the Bears or someone who took a chance and are left with a barely serviceable QB like Grossman!

Nope sorry guy, it doesn't.

That means he had to throw too many times for too few yards.

Here is a quote from the October 2007 Playboy (yes they talk about football too):

"The most important stat in Football"

"We will give you a hint, it's not total yards, total yards passing, total yards rushing, or how many beers the quarterback downed the night before the game. The most important statistic for winning games in the NFL is yards per pass. Take the gross amount of yards gained in the air and divide by the number of throws. The result is the best simple indicator of offensive effectiveness ever measured. Try this at the office every Monday morning during football season: Have someone open the sports pages to the NFL box scores and without asking who won, or even the names of the teams, have him give you just two totals for each team-the number of yards gained passing and the number of throws.The team that averaged the most yards per throw will be the winner more than 80 percent of the time. That's how it has been for the past half century in pro football, from Johnny Unitas to Peyton Manning. Good teams alway finish in the top half fof the league in yards per throw; bad teams finish in the bottom half. Let's simplify this even more: In the most recent Super Bowl, the Indianapolis Colts, who averaged 7.9 yards per throw during the regular season (first in the AFC) played the Chicago Bears, who averaged 6.7 (eighth in the NFC). Forget the running game, defense and kicking game, and just remember the two teams yards per throw. The Colts, or course won 29-17. History says the Bears never had a chance"

"In 36 of 41 Super Bowls, the team with the higher yards per pass won the game, including last year's" Colts 6.5, Bears 5.9"

Argue that.
    You know I will. I agree that higher yards per pass attempt is a good thing, but which would you rather have a guy that throws 10 times for a hundred yards or 30 times for 300? What did the Playboy say about yards per game? I actually have a hard time believing you actually read anything in a Playboy.

"If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

Quote Originally Posted by prough91 View Post
    You know I will. I agree that higher yards per pass attempt is a good thing, but which would you rather have a guy that throws 10 times for a hundred yards or 30 times for 300? What did the Playboy say about yards per game? I actually have a hard time believing you actually read anything in a Playboy.

The guy that throws 30 times has a better chance of throwing more INT's that could go for TD's that would negate his yardage!! How's that!!