Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Brodie"the future" Croyle

Hybrid View

Default Brodie"the future" Croyle

Another two crucial INT's!!!! Man this kid has a future!!

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    in a game where it really didn't matter.

yes a moral win, something to end the home season, but really in the end didn't matter.

no playoffs, still under .500

next year he'll be good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Remember how many int's Green had his first year here?
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

Lemme know when you find the QB who dosen't throw INTs. I would love to have him too!! Too bad Brodie didn't throw any TD's either. He's never going to be good!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Lemme know when you find the QB who dosen't throw INTs. I would love to have him too!! Too bad Brodie didn't throw any TD's either. He's never going to be good!!
    How about the guy that was the backup in Jacksonville for 3 years? Garrard. He's got 2 for the season! Garcia??? Not bad either. Both have played over twice as many games as Croyle.

Say what you want, Croyle won't take us anywhere! Your sarcasm is awesome!! BTW, are you still holding out hope?

How about the guy that was the backup in Jacksonville for 3 years? Garrard. He's got 2 for the season! Garcia??? Not bad either. Both have played over twice as many games as Croyle.

Say what you want, Croyle won't take us anywhere! Your sarcasm is awesome!! BTW, are you still holding out hope?
    You're comparing apples to oranges. You're talking about Garrard and Garcia that have both been in the league for quite a few years and comparing them to a kid that has made a total of 5 starts in the NFL and trying to perform behind one of the worse offensive lines in football. Right now, projected over 16 games Croyle would have 11tds and 11 ints. Peyton Manning had 26 tds and 28 int his first full year starting. Favre had 18 td and 13 int his first year. John Elway had 7 tds and 14 int his first year. I'm not saying Croyle is going to be some kind of football god, but I think it might be a little early to judge him until he get's a little better o-line. I'm a little encouraged watching him. He's still making mistakes, but he's not making the same ones over and over. He's young yet and still thinks he has to do everything himself.

Quote Originally Posted by prough91 View Post
    You're comparing apples to oranges. You're talking about Garrard and Garcia that have both been in the league for quite a few years and comparing them to a kid that has made a total of 5 starts in the NFL and trying to perform behind one of the worse offensive lines in football. Right now, projected over 16 games Croyle would have 11tds and 11 ints. Peyton Manning had 26 tds and 28 int his first full year starting. Favre had 18 td and 13 int his first year. John Elway had 7 tds and 14 int his first year. I'm not saying Croyle is going to be some kind of football god, but I think it might be a little early to judge him until he get's a little better o-line. I'm a little encouraged watching him. He's still making mistakes, but he's not making the same ones over and over. He's young yet and still thinks he has to do everything himself.
    My point is that both Garrard and Garcia were available to be picked up or traded for in the off season. Once again, we did nothing in free agency. We decided to put our teams hopes on the shoulders Damon Huard?????? Yea, he came in and did well when the starter went down but to count on him as your starter going into a new season? With a rookie as a backup and no 3rd stringer?? Come on! Garrard and Garcia are both taking their respective teams to places not many people expected them to be. I agree he is young but I was not a fan of drafting him when we did and as you can see, I am still not a fan of his now. I hear people talking about his "strong arm", well, I think Favre has shown us that a strong arm doesn't mean accurate passing! I do think it is funny how you just compared Croyle to 3 of the best all time QB's though! My guess is that we will be looking for another QB in a few years.
    Last edited by DrunkHillbilly; 12-17-2007 at 12:48 PM.

I agree he is young but I was not a fan of drafting him when we did and as you can see, I am still not a fan of his now. I hear people talking about his "strong arm", well, I think Favre has shown us that a strong arm doesn't mean accurate passing! I do think it is funny how you just compared Croyle to 3 of the best all time QB's though! My guess is that we will be looking for another QB in a few years.
    I did that to show you can't tell how good a QB will be necessarily just by looking at their first year. He might stink. I might be calling for his release after next year. I'm just not going to judge a QB behind our line. Also, didn't Favre just break some kind of passing record or something?

My point is that both Garrard and Garcia were available to be picked up or traded for in the off season. Once again, we did nothing in free agency. We decided to put our teams hopes on the shoulders Damon Huard?????? Yea, he came in and did well when the starter went down but to count on him as your starter going into a new season? With a rookie as a backup and no 3rd stringer?? Come on! Garrard and Garcia are both taking their respective teams to places not many people expected them to be. I agree he is young but I was not a fan of drafting him when we did and as you can see, I am still not a fan of his now. I hear people talking about his "strong arm", well, I think Favre has shown us that a strong arm doesn't mean accurate passing! I do think it is funny how you just compared Croyle to 3 of the best all time QB's though! My guess is that we will be looking for another QB in a few years.
    Croyle is NOT a rookie this year. How come everybody forgets this? He has carried the clipboard for a year and a half. Any more than that and he is a wasted draft pick.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

My point is that both Garrard and Garcia were available to be picked up or traded for in the off season. Garrard and Garcia are both taking their respective teams to places not many people expected them to be.
    Jeff Garcia? Seriously? The guy would fit right in with the Chiefs mentality of bringing in QBs in the waning moments of the careers. I can't believe Garcia would even be mentioned. The guy is 37 years old! He also has a decent coach and a line to protect him, and WR's to throw to that can actually hold onto a catch!

Garrard is doing well, but he has a team of WRs to work with and a line that works for him. He's also going to be 30 in Feb and is another example of why he shouldn't have been brought in. If he stays healthy he'll probably play three more years of good football. So that doesn't really help us long term.

We need a young QB that we can develop into a franchise player. The days of bringing in old washed up QBs, or any other player for that matter, to play two or three seasons is over. That mentality, thanks in no small part to Carl Peterson, has led us to the horrible situation we're in right now.

Like it or not, Croyle is our QB for the future. Even the great QB's like Elway, Favre, Marino and Manning all had rough starts in the NFL. Even Vince Young has struggled. It's a tough game and completely different from college and there is a big learning curve that can only be overcome with time.

This team is not going to see a serious playoff run for several years. So why spend a lot of money to bring in talent for one position? The whole team needs to be re-worked and that is going to take time and some good drafting. A lot of the older players will be jettisoned. I expect Dunn, Wiegman, Law, Surtain, Turley, Bell, Drummond, Carney and even Huard to be gone this off season.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast