Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 7 game owning streak

Post 7 game owning streak

is it just me, or have our beloved kansas city chiefs started 4-2 and somehow blown 7 consecutive games. brodie croyle is really living up to his expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by prough91 View Post
    If Huard hadn't been sucking it up all year, I'd blame Croyle. It's the o-line. I think Croyle thinks he has to perform beyond his capabilities for the team to win, which I pretty common with young QBs. The one thing I've noticed, he seems almost fearless going down the field, but when he gets in the red zone, it seems he starts floating his passes. Anyone else notice that?
    He does taking snaps behind our "O" line.

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    For some reason he starts throwing of his back foot near the endzone.

I'm not sure if it is a holdover from his 'Bama days, or what.
    I went back over the last couple of games to watch him. They call them plays for the corner of the endzone, probably because they're less likely to get intercepted to keep his confidence up, most times the receivers aren't open. He might put it up there where he figures either his receiver can go up and get it if they can or it will just be incomplete. Plus, he only has 1.2 seconds to throw it.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

I went back over the last couple of games to watch him. They call them plays for the corner of the endzone, probably because they're less likely to get intercepted to keep his confidence up, most times the receivers aren't open. He might put it up there where he figures either his receiver can go up and get it if they can or it will just be incomplete. Plus, he only has 1.2 seconds to throw it.
    Now we're calling plays for him that are less likely to be INT's??? PROBLEM!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    Now we're calling plays for him that are less likely to be INT's??? PROBLEM!!!!
    Dude, you miss the point every time someone says something. I think the coaching staff is smart enough to know that this o-line isn't good and the season's pretty much a waste. So why not call some low risk plays to keep him from getting intercepted and ruining his confidence for next year.

Dude, you miss the point every time someone says something. I think the coaching staff is smart enough to know that this o-line isn't good and the season's pretty much a waste. So why not call some low risk plays to keep him from getting intercepted and ruining his confidence for next year.
    This is the NFL!!! If we have to baby these QB's, then they should either be on the bench with a clipboard or selling insurance! Dude's been watching for almost two years! Incompletions in the Red Zone are a confidence builder???? How about calling a play where he actually has a chance of making a completion? Worry about building confidence not ruining it!!

This is the NFL!!! If we have to baby these QB's, then they should either be on the bench with a clipboard or selling insurance! Dude's been watching for almost two years! Incompletions in the Red Zone are a confidence builder???? How about calling a play where he actually has a chance of making a completion? Worry about building confidence not ruining it!!
    Carrying a clipboard is a damn sight different than playing on the field. As for this being the NFL, name me two QBs in the last 10 years besides Big Ben and Brady that really tore it up their first season.

Carrying a clipboard is a damn sight different than playing on the field. As for this being the NFL, name me two QBs in the last 10 years besides Big Ben and Brady that really tore it up their first season.
    You can't pamper these guys! They have to learn somehow! I just don't think Croyle has what it takes! Is that ok? Just like I thought we were going to have a bad season!

Funny how you had to preface your question with two QB's!! BTW, how are Romo and Derek Anderson doing this year? I haven't noticed!!!

I think Romo has had a pretty decent season from what I understand.

You can't pamper these guys! They have to learn somehow! I just don't think Croyle has what it takes! Is that ok? Just like I thought we were going to have a bad season!

Funny how you had to preface your question with two QB's!! BTW, how are Romo and Derek Anderson doing this year? I haven't noticed!!!
    They are both doing pretty good, except Romo breaks down and has multiple int games too.

7 against the Bills (which they somehow pulled a win out of their asses), and I think 2 or 3 this weekend.

It happens to all young QB's.

Brodie would look much better without all our cement handed receivers dropping fully HALF of Brodies passes.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Then quit b*#@hing about him while he's learning! And THAT was my 500th post. Going to crack open a brew and celebrate.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast