Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Wierd fact for the week

Default Wierd fact for the week

Just heard this on Sportscenter. Brett Favre has thrown the equivalent of 11.6 miles.

Brodie Croyle is just 11.4 miles behind him.

On a side note, looked at the Mitchell Report last night and McGwire is not linked with any illegal steroids in any way. Time to put him in the hall.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

Quote Originally Posted by bryonc View Post
    If your only going to cheer for the Royals then you might wanna look into figure skating or something, because the Royals are the next Cubs in 70 years they will still be saying I remember when the Royals were good.
    As far as the big market thing, StL is not much bigger then KC but usually has a playoff caliber team, as far as parity in the past 10 years the MLB has had 9 different winners of the World Series with only Boston (who hadn't won in a long time) winning twice.

If you had added five more years to that then I think the Yankess won 4 in a row, or 4 out of 5...

That changes your stats quite a bit..

The NFL in the same period has had 7 with Denver winning 2 times and NE winning 3 times, likely this year the Super Bowl winner will be a past winner from recent years (Indy or NE).

You're probably right there guy, no arguement there! In the NFL it is up to getting the BEST TALENT and building it... You can't just buy it from somewhere else!

If you really want to watch baseball HHwhy dont you pick a real team like StL.

I don't want to watch baseball because it bores me 8/9ths of the time...

BTW Big Mac (McGuire) should absolutely be in the Hall

Sure, fine with me guy.

Let them all in, they all cheated.

Babe Ruth used performance enhancing broads, hot dogs, and beer...

During the game!!!

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Sure, fine with me guy.

During the game!!!

Strike him out of the HOF!!!!! :p

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Sure, fine with me guy.

During the game!!!

Actually I went to 2000 then jumped to 89 not 99 so my facts are off, I see where NY won it 3 times in the last 10 years, although since the strike I haven't watched baseball and could care less about it.

The one thing I do know though is the last time I was in KC the Royals were in the middle of a long long losing skid and the fans were actually cheering for more losses so that they would hold the record. I lived in KC in 1990 and I don't think that the Royals had any fans then, and they haven't made it to the World Series since. plain and simple Royals suck.

Now lets get back to how great my Chiefs are, bad year and all the Chiefs are still the best and are only a couple small pieces away from the Super Bowl.

Actually I went to 2000 then jumped to 89 not 99 so my facts are off, I see where NY won it 3 times in the last 10 years, although since the strike I haven't watched baseball and could care less about it.

The one thing I do know though is the last time I was in KC the Royals were in the middle of a long long losing skid and the fans were actually cheering for more losses so that they would hold the record. I lived in KC in 1990 and I don't think that the Royals had any fans then, and they haven't made it to the World Series since. plain and simple Royals suck.

Now lets get back to how great my Chiefs are, bad year and all the Chiefs are still the best and are only a couple small pieces away from the Super Bowl.
    I'm with ya there bud.

I think the Chiefs are a left and right O tackle, fullback, nose tackle (still called that?), and 2 corners away from winning the SB.

And not having the worst decision maker in the NFL as the Chiefs head coach...

The man clipped his toenails on camera for Hard Knocks for gods sake.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

I think the Chiefs are a left and right O tackle, fullback, nose tackle (still called that?), and 2 corners away from winning the SB.

Agreed on the Hermie thingy, but even though we are missing a fair amount of pieces, we can still win the Super Bowl with just a portion of those needs addressed.

Agreed on the Hermie thingy, but even though we are missing a fair amount of pieces, we can still win the Super Bowl with just a portion of those needs addressed.
    I would actually have to add some things, before I would expect a Super Bowl appearance. At least a OG and some depth all-around.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I would actually have to add some things, before I would expect a Super Bowl appearance. At least a OG and some depth all-around.
    That is the only other thing I forgot (in my opinion).

I don't know what the situation with our center(s) is right now, but it is looking like Herm is gonna get rid of everyone.

Expect everyone besides Brodie, LJ, and JA next year.

TG and all the rest are going to be gone.

Herm thinks he can build a team from scratch by getting rid of Pro Bowlers.

Glad I missed that...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234