Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wierd fact for the week

Default Wierd fact for the week

Just heard this on Sportscenter. Brett Favre has thrown the equivalent of 11.6 miles.

Brodie Croyle is just 11.4 miles behind him.

On a side note, looked at the Mitchell Report last night and McGwire is not linked with any illegal steroids in any way. Time to put him in the hall.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    inaccurate; "*****es" are dogs not cats. :p
    OK, then those cats of hers are catty!

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    OK, then those cats of hers are catty!

Better!

Quote Originally Posted by prough91 View Post
    Just heard this on Sportscenter. Brett Favre has thrown the equivalent of 11.6 miles.

Brodie Croyle is just 11.4 miles behind him.

On a side note, looked at the Mitchell Report last night and McGwire is not linked with any illegal steroids in any way. Time to put him in the hall.

from what mark mcgwire looked like coming into the league to what he looked like at the end of his career, that hardly looks like it could be "natural." im not saying he did steroids, but i sure am not gonna believe for sure that he didnt.

....but either way, whether he did em or not....i dont care! let em take steroids!

Quote Originally Posted by timsatt1 View Post
    from what mark mcgwire looked like coming into the league to what he looked like at the end of his career, that hardly looks like it could be "natural." im not saying he did steroids, but i sure am not gonna believe for sure that he didnt.

....but either way, whether he did em or not....i dont care! let em take steroids!
    If you look back year after year he got bigger gradually which could be explained by regular weight lifting as well as better legal supplements. I could never for sure say he never took steroids, I just don't personally think he did. Even if he did, his home run totals didn't jump up suddenly, he could always mash it from day one.

If you look back year after year he got bigger gradually which could be explained by regular weight lifting as well as better legal supplements. I could never for sure say he never took steroids, I just don't personally think he did. Even if he did, his home run totals didn't jump up suddenly, he could always mash it from day one.
    Day one??? Really? He had 3 bombs his first year! Went up from year 2 and beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    Day one??? Really? He had 3 bombs his first year! Went up from year 2 and beyond.
    He only played in 18 games his first year. Stats, dammit, they're all over the internet. Which would project to 27 home runs over a season, not too shabby for a rookie.

He only played in 18 games his first year. Stats, dammit, they're all over the internet. Which would project to 27 home runs over a season, not too shabby for a rookie.
    Projections now huh? Just going by what you said.

Sports analysts use projections all the time. He had 3 in 18 games, that was a HR every six games. That's not too bad for any kid called up.

Agreed, he did bet on his own team, but he always bet that they'd win. Big deal. Oh, and they need to put in "Shoeless" Joe Johnson too. He had a hell of a series in 1918. Can't find any way that he tried to throw the series.
    Rose bet on his team when he thought they would win. He didn't bet on them when he though they were going to lose.... Might as well have bet against them. Knowing that Pete wasn't betting on them, gave his bookies an idea that Pete may not coach as well, or that he had some inside information. He may as well have bet against them in that case.

Having said that, I don't care what he did as a manager. He belongs in the HOF for his playing career. So does Mark Mcguire.

Well, seriously, some guys have zero home runs in a season, (Because they only had one at-bat) then hit twenty, the following year. You can't compare a season that a guy played 18 games in, to a season that he played 160 games in, without projections.

I mean you can... But noone is going to bother listening to that, because it is the same as saying that since he didn't score an touchdowns in his rookie season, that something is up, because he hit twelve home runs in his second season.

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    I don't really care what baseball players do, I'm sick of what is happening with the Royals.

There is no parity in Baseball and I'm not going to root for some bigger market because they are successful.

If he took them than fine, so were all the pitchers, it leveled the field.

Until the Royals have a .500 season, I won't even pay attention to that sissy sport!

If your only going to cheer for the Royals then you might wanna look into figure skating or something, because the Royals are the next Cubs in 70 years they will still be saying I remember when the Royals were good.
    As far as the big market thing, StL is not much bigger then KC but usually has a playoff caliber team, as far as parity in the past 10 years the MLB has had 9 different winners of the World Series with only Boston (who hadn't won in a long time) winning twice. The NFL in the same period has had 7 with Denver winning 2 times and NE winning 3 times, likely this year the Super Bowl winner will be a past winner from recent years (Indy or NE).

If you really want to watch baseball HH why dont you pick a real team like StL.

BTW Big Mac (McGuire) should absolutely be in the Hall.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast