Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Herm Apologizes

Default Herm Apologizes

Herm just apologized in his press conference to the fans that misunderstood him.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Thought I would chime in on the image resizing thing. If you can get a copy of Photoshop LE or you know someone with Photoshop or Fireworks, you can actually record a script that will go through and update the size of every picture in a golder for you without having to actually visit each one.

I know those are a lot of ifs, and since we are talking about using Paint to change image sizes, then it does not bode well in someone having that on their system.

Just wanted to let you know.
    This is an image resizer for Windows XP.

I don't have a windows 2000 machine running anymore, but you might give it a shot prough, and see if it works in 2000.

Simplest way I've found so far, and free!

http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...ertoySetup.exe

I know it has been brought up by someone before, but it was before prough was back to the site.

Just download and install the program (it is tiny) then right click on the picture you want to resize!

Good luck!
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    Herm states "The way the fans took it, in my opinion, was probably wrong" followed by "If it was misinterpreted, I apologize." Wow, a real heart felt apology there Herm. I'm not sure how I misinterpreted "Get over it."
    Just like a politician's apology there, which is not really an apology. "I apologize if anyone was offended" ,"I regret if my remarks caused anyone to be offended", etc. I hate when the media calls these non-apologies "apologies". Statements like these are really saying, "I did and said nothing wrong. But if people took it incorrectly then I am sorry they didn't see that I was absolutely right."

Here's a funny exchange from "I Love Lucy":

Fred: "She said my mother looks like a weasel!"
    Lucy: "Tell him you're sorry, Ethel."
    Ethel: "Okay. I'm sorry your mother looks like a weasel!"

In the 50's everyone got the joke and realized Ethel did NOT apologize! But in today's world of non-apology apologies, the media would report: "Ethel apologizes to Fred" since she technically did say the words, "I'm sorry".

Quote Originally Posted by IlovetheChiefs View Post
    Just like a politician's apology there, which is not really an apology. "I apologize if anyone was offended" ,"I regret if my remarks caused anyone to be offended", etc. I hate when the media calls these non-apologies "apologies". Statements like these are really saying, "I did and said nothing wrong. But if people took it incorrectly then I am sorry they didn't see that I was absolutely right."

Here's a funny exchange from "I Love Lucy":

Fred: "She said my mother looks like a weasel!"
    Lucy: "Tell him you're sorry, Ethel."
    Ethel: "Okay. I'm sorry your mother looks like a weasel!"

In the 50's everyone got the joke and realized Ethel did NOT apologize! But in today's world of non-apology apologies, the media would report: "Ethel apologizes to Fred" since she technically did say the words, "I'm sorry".
    i agree ^^ that it was not an apology

however, in politics...the #1 rule (if you are a candidate running for office) is NEVER APOLIGIZE! that shows weakness.

Quote Originally Posted by timsatt1 View Post
    i agree ^^ that it was not an apology

however, in politics...the #1 rule (if you are a candidate running for office) is NEVER APOLIGIZE! that shows weakness.
    But what I hate is how often the media will report, "Senator issues apology" only to find out it was not an apology at all. If politicians, celebrities, coaches, or whoever don't want to admit to being wrong, fine. But I hate the way the media lets them get away with their slippery rhetoric.

But what I hate is how often the media will report, "Senator issues apology" only to find out it was not an apology at all. If politicians, celebrities, coaches, or whoever don't want to admit to being wrong, fine. But I hate the way the media lets them get away with their slippery rhetoric.

yes agreed again

and i dont like anything the media does for the most part anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    This is an image resizer for Windows XP.

I don't have a windows 2000 machine running anymore, but you might give it a shot prough, and see if it works in 2000.

Simplest way I've found so far, and free!

http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...ertoySetup.exe

I know it has been brought up by someone before, but it was before prough was back to the site.

Just download and install the program (it is tiny) then right click on the picture you want to resize!

Good luck!
    It didn't work for 2000, thanks though.

A sincere apology can undo all kinds of harm.

Herm can suck it, and I don't apologize for saying it.

I hope I never have to hear his voice again, unless he is apologizing for ruining the Chiefs.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Herm can suck it, and I don't apologize for saying it.

I hope I never have to hear his voice again, unless he is apologizing for ruining the Chiefs.
    You'll hear his voice again in FOOTBALL HELL!

Well it all depends on whether the reporter cares to be able to have the politician's ear again. What you are describing here is the reporter's politics that say, "Never piss off an interviewee that one day might have the power to detrimentally effect your future."

Of course, if you are a republican candidate, then no holds barred.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast