Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Herm Edwards possibly going to UCLA

Default Herm Edwards possibly going to UCLA

Several websites are reporting that Herm is on the list for head coach for UCLA. We can only hope.

From bruinsnation.com-

Schefter in an interview with Rich Eisen also put another interesting name into the mix: Kansas City head coach Herm Edwards. We have been hearing rumors of Edwards for a couple of days now but did not believe it. Now one has to take his name seriously.

From kcchiefs.com-

Chiefs coach Herm Edwards denies he's been contacted by UCLA regarding the Bruins' head coaching vacancy. "I’ve got work to do here," Edwards said. "I’ve got a plan here. I’ve got to orchestrate my plan. We’re just in the middle of this." Edwards is rumored to be on UCLA's candidate list, along with Raiders coach Lane Kiffin. Steve Mariucci and Seahawks DBs coach Jim Mora have also been mentioned.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

He's not going anywhere folks; accept this as fact.

Oh God if only it were true...
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    He's not going anywhere folks; accept this as fact.
    Damn you!!! Why must you kill all my hopes and dreams!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    Damn you!!! Why must you kill all my hopes and dreams!!!!
    Heh!

Just being a realist man!

I don't see Lane Kiffin leaving the Raiders either. As much as it has been a tough year for them, he has been an improvement over Art Shell.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

On Cheifs.com Herm Edwards was quoted as saying:

“My mother-in-law who doesn’t know a whole lot about football asked me a question when I came home. She said, ‘when they fire the coach no one gets mad, but when he decides to go somewhere else everybody gets mad.’ I never thought of it that way. I’ve got my own problems. I’m trying to win a game against the Titans.”

Look Herm, I really don't think anyone in Kansas City would mind if you went to UCLA. Furthermore, I think it would be good for you to go down to the minors for a little while and get your head screwed on correctly. Maybe in four or five years after you bring a BCS Championship to UCLA, we could renegotiate calling you back up to the bigs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post

“My mother-in-law who doesn’t know a whole lot about football asked me a question when I came home. She said, ‘when they fire the coach no one gets mad, but when he decides to go somewhere else everybody gets mad.’ I never thought of it that way. I’ve got my own problems. I’m trying to win a game against the Titans.”

Look Herm, I really don't think anyone in Kansas City would mind if you went to UCLA. Furthermore, I think it would be good for you to go down to the minors for a little while and get your head screwed on correctly. Maybe in four or five years after you bring a BCS Championship to UCLA, we could renegotiate calling you back up to the bigs.
    You had me at "I really don't think anyone in Kansas City would mind if you went to UCLA."

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post

“My mother-in-law who doesn’t know a whole lot about football asked me a question when I came home. She said, ‘when they fire the coach no one gets mad, but when he decides to go somewhere else everybody gets mad.’ I never thought of it that way. I’ve got my own problems. I’m trying to win a game against the Titans.

Please Herm just do this one thing for me...

I haven't been to a game in 5 years so let this be the home season ending game that shows you can do it!!!!!

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7575010

Herm, you should listen to the folks over at Fox Sports.

Titans 26, Chiefs 17

Herm Edwards' name has been mentioned in association with the UCLA job. And that was before the Chiefs' lost their seventh straight game. If Herm is wondering about the quality of life difference between the pros and college, he should give a jingle to his fellow former Jets head coach, Pete Carroll. Sunday marked the first time all season Vince Young threw more than one touchdown and no picks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast