Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anybody care at this point???

Default Anybody care at this point???

Larry Johnson, RB KC
    News: Chiefs coach Herm Edwards said Tuesday that running back Larry Johnson, sidelined the past six games with a foot injury, might get on the field this week at Detroit. Johnson has been slowly doing more and more and could actually go through a full practice this week. "We're going to try to limit him some and see what he can do in practice, see where he's at," Edwards said

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    There is absolutely no reason to play LJ this year at all. I don't understand why they would even consider this. Personally, I think they are just blowing more smoke.
    Exactly.

LJ has Doctor-patient confidentiality?

I can't understand that.

Isn't there betting going on?

I have never heard of another player saying they don't want to release their status to the team before.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Exactly.

LJ has Doctor-patient confidentiality?

I can't understand that.

Isn't there betting going on?

I have never heard of another player saying they don't want to release their status to the team before.
    HH,

Herm and the team know the extent of the injury. However LJ has cited patient confidentiality in refusing to allow them to talk about the nature of his injury to the public. Per NFL rules they have to release the basic (Foot), however that could be a break, a sprain, a bone bruise, a dislocated toe, etc, etc, etc.

Most likely it is a sprain of the worst kind, and LJ's refusal to put the nature of the injury on the open market leads one to believe that he wants out. The information on the open market would hurt his value even more than it currently is. However if he can get back on the field and have a good game or two, then finding out he had a Lis Franc sprain would be less critical to the Chiefs ability to move him. Agreed with the poster(s) above who stated LJ would have to be willing to renegotiate with any new team.

However I can't think of very many good homes for LJ...working through the teams division by division, most either have a very high draft pick, or have a quality young running back (of the future). The only team that comes to mind at all is Houston.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Smoke and mirrors.

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    HH,

Herm and the team know the extent of the injury. However LJ has cited patient confidentiality in refusing to allow them to talk about the nature of his injury to the public. Per NFL rules they have to release the basic (Foot), however that could be a break, a sprain, a bone bruise, a dislocated toe, etc, etc, etc.

Most likely it is a sprain of the worst kind, and LJ's refusal to put the nature of the injury on the open market leads one to believe that he wants out. The information on the open market would hurt his value even more than it currently is. However if he can get back on the field and have a good game or two, then finding out he had a Lis Franc sprain would be less critical to the Chiefs ability to move him. Agreed with the poster(s) above who stated LJ would have to be willing to renegotiate with any new team.

However I can't think of very many good homes for LJ...working through the teams division by division, most either have a very high draft pick, or have a quality young running back (of the future). The only team that comes to mind at all is Houston.
    Really? I think there are a lot of teams that could use him.
    Atlanta....Jerious Norwood???? Dunn is done!
    Baltimore..??????McGahee is good some of the time
    Carolina....Williams and Foster. Uh no.
    Chicago....Benson...Should of kept Jones!!!!
    Cincy......Johnson is hurt all the time and getting old. Watson??

Denver....Travis Henry doesn't impress me.
    Detroit....Jones can't stay healthy.
    Giants????? Jacobs and Ward????
    Oakland.....need I say more
    Seattle...needs a running game in a bad way!!!
    Tennessee..White Ehhhhh????

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post

Yes, but are they willing to pay for him?

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Yes, but are they willing to pay for him?
    I'm sure one of those teams holds him in high regards.

Couple schools of thought on this one.

1. LJ is wanting to be traded, even with a pay cut, and wants to get back on the field, against the Chiefs wishes, to show he's healthy to potential teams.

2. The Chiefs want him gone and are pressuring him to get on the field to show potential teams he's ok.

One side or the other wants LJ out. Why would it make any sense to have him play one or two final games in a losing season? Smith is running well and even if he wasn't, why would you risk agravating an injury at this point in the season? Add to the fact LJ and the Chiefs are keeping his injury top secret and something is brewing.

My gut feeling is LJ wants out. I think he sees this team is not bowl bound for another 3 or 4 years and his career will be coming to an end by then. He probably wants a shot and is not here to help rebuild. Maybe he and the Chiefs have come to an agreement but neither one is going to say anything until LJ can play a game or two. I think that anything goes at this point. Even Gonzales said he would be willing to leave the team if it meant the team would get better.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Denver has Selvin Young. Travis Henry will probably get traded after pulling a "Ricky Williams" and dodging a bullet. Selvin Young has talent and how he went undrafted is beyond me.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

I'm sure one of those teams holds him in high regards.

Oh I'm sure, but will they pay 45 mil for him.

Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    Denver has Selvin Young. Travis Henry will probably get traded after pulling a "Ricky Williams" and dodging a bullet. Selvin Young has talent and how he went undrafted is beyond me.
    Obviously the days of just plugging in a RB is over for Denver. Young isn't anything special in my book. I think they would love the oppurtunity to get LJ!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast