Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anybody care at this point???

Default Anybody care at this point???

Larry Johnson, RB KC
    News: Chiefs coach Herm Edwards said Tuesday that running back Larry Johnson, sidelined the past six games with a foot injury, might get on the field this week at Detroit. Johnson has been slowly doing more and more and could actually go through a full practice this week. "We're going to try to limit him some and see what he can do in practice, see where he's at," Edwards said

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Oh I'm sure, but will they pay 45 mil for him.
    It would probably take more than anyone has or is willing to part with.

DTFan4life Guest

I like them french fried taters with some mustard.

MMMMMMMPPPHHHH.
    Last edited by chief31; 12-21-2007 at 01:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I have to admit that I wouldn't be entirely shocked if the Chiefs decided to trade Kolby Smith. I believe that that would be a huge mistake, but with L.J. locked-in, I doubt that they are going to be able to get rid of him.

Although, the fact that he is trying so hard to get back on the field leads me to wonder if he might not be willing to take a pay-cut to go play somewhere else.

As stated above, there is no other reason to rush back from this injury, than to prove that the injury isn't a big deal.

Why bother? If youa are happy with the contract, and certainly don't feel like you are going to be benched, (due to the contracts size), then it makes perfgect sense to rest it, and allow it to heal to the fullest, in order to be ready for next season.

The same rationality would apply for the organization. Why let him back on the field? Of course you want to win, but the guy who is playing in his stead is doing better than he was anyway.

All of this is making me wonder if they aren't trying to make LJs trade-value go back up, just enough to let him get away.

But, I don't think that it will work without LJs cooperation, in renegotiating with another team. Because he simply doesn't have the value to constitute his current contract.
    Cant' we just cut his ***, like the Eagles did to TO, or do we have to pay all 19 million in guarantees, in todays nfl there has to be some thing in the contract about conduct detrimental to the team. I don't voice this opinion often, but it was my undersanding, that Willie would have played one more year if it weren't for LJ and Herm. No offense to the LJ lovers, but he's not a team player. Takes all the credit and gives all the blame.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    It would probably take more than anyone has or is willing to part with.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    Cant' we just cut his ***, like the Eagles did to TO, or do we have to pay all 19 million in guarantees, in todays nfl there has to be some thing in the contract about conduct detrimental to the team. I don't voice this opinion often, but it was my undersanding, that Willie would have played one more year if it weren't for LJ and Herm. No offense to the LJ lovers, but he's not a team player. Takes all the credit and gives all the blame.
    Have to pay all guarranteed money and he hasn't done anything that warrants him being cut. It would be silly to cut him anyway. You watch, if we get our O line in order next season, he will run rough shod over everyone like he did last year and all will be ok. Weird how everyone forgets 1800yds and 16 or 18 TD's so fast!!!!

Have to pay all guarranteed money and he hasn't done anything that warrants him being cut. It would be silly to cut him anyway. You watch, if we get our O line in order next season, he will run rough shod over everyone like he did last year and all will be ok. Weird how everyone forgets 1800yds and 16 or 18 TD's so fast!!!!
    I don't think anyone "forgot" it, but I would have liked to see a similar performance. I hope LJ comes back and tears it up, but i would not be upset if he got traded either.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

I just don't think this guy is a guy that will give you a 100 pecent every time he's out there, unlike Tony G, unless the team is winning or in the playoff hunt. I know the line sucks, but he just didn't seem like he was trying all that hard this year. You may be right, but I think that team unity is more important than having to accomodate a selfish superstar.

Hey Canada i was reading you sig and its crazy that its cheaper to fly from canada then to stay in a hotel room! Its just wrong that they charge that damn much for a damn room.

DTFan4life Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CHIEFS_FN_ROCK View Post
    Hey Canada i was reading you sig and its crazy that its cheaper to fly from canada then to stay in a hotel room! Its just wrong that they charge that damn much for a damn room.
    ...well it isnt just any hotel room, probably pretty high demand for that hotel across the stadium ;)

Quote Originally Posted by CHIEFS_FN_ROCK View Post
    I don't even want to get started on how much I spent on beer!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast