Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Why did we depart with Hall?

MullettMafia69 Guest

Default Why did we depart with Hall?

I'm questioning the point of letting go of Dante Hall, it's not like he could cost that much. Plus though I agree his skills have diminished, have you seen the clowns that are returning for us now. I know it's too little too late but I just can't figure out what purpose that served going backwards on a position that was already solid.

Dante Hall was still pretty good, even when he was working with the special teams coach that we have right now, last season. Which, in my opinion, is the real problem with our return game.

For those who think it was the right time to get rid of Hall... Do you also agree that it was the right time, when we allowed T-Rich to leave? (Some of you might)

Why would you get rid of a pro-bowler, when you have nothing to replace him with? For that matter, why release Lawrence Tynes, just to hope that some draft pick works out?

Why release OT Kevin Sampson and OG Tres Stallings, and pin your hopes, for those backup spots, on aged "gambles"?

It just doesn't make sense to get rid of players, without having some kind of reliable replacement. And certainly not in as many positions as what we have done that to recently.

If you want to blame the decreased production from Hall on Hall alone, that's o.k. But, what was the plan for filling the void that that creates?

I, for one, would credit the absence of Dante Hall for at least two of our losses this season.

Because we needed the draft pick, says Herm. Got to get younger. This team that's had a winner record the past several years and had a top 5 offense is just the wrong way to go. Git rid of a great QB, FB, Return man, lose linemen, replace them all with nobody and see how we do. Ahhhhh, the Great Plan. I wonder what color the sky is in Herm's world. Oh, and New England is older than us, figure that out.

Quote Originally Posted by anaeelbackwards View Post
    eddie drummond wasn't the problem. our special teams is the problem. how many people did we have back there? eddie kennison, jeff webb, and who else? and still the same result. yes eddie drummond was a wasted sign, but not all our poor return game problems shouldn't be blamed solely on drummond. no one was opening seams and people weren't blocking. lets face it, our ST sucks and needs to be fixed.
    Not to disagree with you as our ST does suck, but why did all our other returners do better than Drummond with the same ST unit out there.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

You trade one of the best ever because of a philosphy difference on return with the head coach? It's like trading Michael Jordan because you want to run a ball control offense.

Not that Hall is on an MJ level, but he is one of the tops at his specialty.
    You can only have one favorite team. There are no "second favorites".
    -- Chris, resident of Arrowhead East (St. Louis)

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post

Not to disagree with you as our ST does suck, but why did all our other returners do better than Drummond with the same ST unit out there.
    We were talking about this in Ventrilo during the game.

Did anyone else notice the HUGE seam Drummond had yesterday?

Well he decided to run AROUND it and into tacklers.

That was the biggest hole we have had on a return all year and I guess he was scared to run through it.

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Why did they reactivate Drummond in the first place!?!?!? We should be seeing if there's anybody who may be able to handle the returns next year. (i.e, Sapp or Webb, ANYBODY besides thummond)
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    Why did they reactivate Drummond in the first place!?!?!? We should be seeing if there's anybody who may be able to handle the returns next year. (i.e, Sapp or Webb, ANYBODY besides thummond)
    I don't think Herm ever planned on scoring so he figured he didn;t really need a returner.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

They ought to have #69 field punts and kick returns.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Quote Originally Posted by stlchief View Post
    You trade one of the best ever because of a philosphy difference on return with the head coach? It's like trading Michael Jordan because you want to run a ball control offense.

Not that Hall is on an MJ level, but he is one of the tops at his specialty.
    No actually Hall had a good year or so, he wasn't worth squat on the Rams this year either, I still agree with trading away Hall I think it was a great move, Hall was ruined when they had to use him to cover for a worthless Eddie Kennison.

I think the biggest mistake in the return game was thinking that Drummond was the answer and letting Phinisee go. Bad mistake, bad bad mistake.

Anyway to recap, glad to see Hall go, I wish him luck but somewhere else. Drummond needs to go, need to get someone along the lines of a Hester (LOL), Steve Breaston, Darin Sproles, or maybe a Ted Ginn Jr. Drummond needs to go away.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234