Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Anything you want me to say to Herm?

Default Anything you want me to say to Herm?

I'm going to the game tomorrow and will be sitting right behind the Chiefs bench on the 50 yard line. I scored some great seats. Probably because it is Xmas weekend, I'm in Detroit, and both the Chiefs and Lions are out of the playoffs.

So when I'm screaming at Herm from the top of my lungs, give me your best one liner that you would like me to pass along.

I'll take Manning's backup.

And Manning.

And Brady.

Until those guys are out of the AFC we are gonna have a rough time winning the AFC Championship.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    I'll take Manning's backup.

And Manning.

And Brady.

Until those guys are out of the AFC we are gonna have a rough time winning the AFC Championship.
    I don't know...I think this weekend could be really interesting. I agree on Manning and the Colts destroying the Chargers...but I have a sneaky suspicion that the Patriots-Jaguars game will be pretty close. I think that the formula the Jags are using is what Herm is trying to accomplish...the problem is he has too much money tied into 3-4 guys (LJ, TG, & Waters are all paid better than just about anyone on the Jags offense) on the offensive side of the ball to have the defense the Jags have...Stroud, Henderson, Hayward, Peterson, Mathis, and D Smith are all stud players leading that defense. When you have 6 guys on your side of the ball that are studs, and no real weak link you have a good defense.

Comparably the Chiefs have Allen, Johnson, and Hali that are studs (Edwards when healthy). They have weak links with Law, Surtain and the DTs. Frankly they'd be better off with the age of Edwards, and the capabilities of the 2 DEs swithing to a 3-4 defense, and grabbing a big, I mean BIG DT in the draft. Then you can play some Man Zone coverages to compensate for Law and Surtain's weaknesses, and Edwards' declining speed becomes less of a liability. Allen becomes even more valuable and if you line him and D Johnson up on the same side of the 3-4 the defense will have blocking breakdowns a few times a game.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    I don't know...I think this weekend could be really interesting. I agree on Manning and the Colts destroying the Chargers...but I have a sneaky suspicion that the Patriots-Jaguars game will be pretty close. I think that the formula the Jags are using is what Herm is trying to accomplish...the problem is he has too much money tied into 3-4 guys (LJ, TG, & Waters are all paid better than just about anyone on the Jags offense) on the offensive side of the ball to have the defense the Jags have...Stroud, Henderson, Hayward, Peterson, Mathis, and D Smith are all stud players leading that defense. When you have 6 guys on your side of the ball that are studs, and no real weak link you have a good defense.

Comparably the Chiefs have Allen, Johnson, and Hali that are studs (Edwards when healthy). They have weak links with Law, Surtain and the DTs. Frankly they'd be better off with the age of Edwards, and the capabilities of the 2 DEs swithing to a 3-4 defense, and grabbing a big, I mean BIG DT in the draft. Then you can play some Man Zone coverages to compensate for Law and Surtain's weaknesses, and Edwards' declining speed becomes less of a liability. Allen becomes even more valuable and if you line him and D Johnson up on the same side of the 3-4 the defense will have blocking breakdowns a few times a game.
    I guess we shall see whether a bad *** defense beats a bad *** offense and the issue will be settled once and for all.

Seriously though man good points there.

We get another draft to see if Herm will do something to help out this O line, and get some d backs so we don't get burned so bad this coming year.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

I guess we shall see whether a bad *** defense beats a bad *** offense and the issue will be settled once and for all.

Seriously though man good points there.

We get another draft to see if Herm will do something to help out this O line, and get some d backs so we don't get burned so bad this coming year.
    That's my whole point...you likely can't fix the DB and Oline situation both in one year. However if you change your defensive scheme to fit your personnel, instead of getting two DBs you have to get 1 DT. Said DT doesn't have to be great in pass rush with Allen, Hali and potentially a LB (Johnson or Edwards) coming from either side, he just has to be big enough to fill the middle. And strong enough to not get pushed back. Then you can man-zone the coverage in the secondary allowing your scheme to cover for the deficit of speed in your corners.

Fixing the O-line is a bigger priority than the secondary because of the other players who depend on that O-line for their success (and health). Croyle, LJ, Kolby Smith, DBowe, Gonzalez and the other WRs will all be better with an improved O-line. Just fixing the scheme will give you a temporary fix on defense.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Our best defensive fix would be an offense that spends a little time on the filed.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    That's my whole point...you likely can't fix the DB and Oline situation both in one year. However if you change your defensive scheme to fit your personnel, instead of getting two DBs you have to get 1 DT. Said DT doesn't have to be great in pass rush with Allen, Hali and potentially a LB (Johnson or Edwards) coming from either side, he just has to be big enough to fill the middle. And strong enough to not get pushed back. Then you can man-zone the coverage in the secondary allowing your scheme to cover for the deficit of speed in your corners.

Fixing the O-line is a bigger priority than the secondary because of the other players who depend on that O-line for their success (and health). Croyle, LJ, Kolby Smith, DBowe, Gonzalez and the other WRs will all be better with an improved O-line. Just fixing the scheme will give you a temporary fix on defense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Our best defensive fix would be an offense that spends a little time on the filed.
    We agree bedgood!

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Finally someone gets it.

Also, Sorgi resigned with Indy. He is not coming to KC or anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Finally someone gets it.

Also, Sorgi resigned with Indy. He is not coming to KC or anywhere else.
    Did you tell Herm that when you were at the game?

I want to see some pictures Coach!

Did you tell Herm that when you were at the game?

I want to see some pictures Coach!
    Unfortunately I had to give away my tickets. My daughter ran a 105 degree temperature right before the game. We had to take her to the hospital. She is fine.

The only thing more painful than paying for 50 yrd line seats 18 rows behind the Chiefs bench when they only come to your town every 20 years, is GIVING away 50 yrd line seats to the same game.

At least my daughter is OK. And the Chiefs stunk it up anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Unfortunately I had to give away my tickets. My daughter ran a 105 degree temperature right before the game. We had to take her to the hospital. She is fine.

The only thing more painful than paying for 50 yrd line seats 18 rows behind the Chiefs bench when they only come to your town every 20 years, is GIVING away 50 yrd line seats to the same game.

At least my daughter is OK. And the Chiefs stunk it up anyway.

Glad to hear your daughter is doing better, and sorry you didn't get to go to the game.

And yes the Chiefs did stink it up.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234