Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Down with Mike Solari?

Default Down with Mike Solari?

..Havent been on the forum long....but what do yalls think of Mike Solari? I could do without him...not a fan...

Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    Solari is another victim of Herm Edwards. He's calling the plays and his conservatism is a reflection of Herm's philosophy. Solari is just doing what his boss tells him to do. He will most likely get the blame and will lose his job. But it really isn't all his fault.

I have waited to bring this up until late in the season.

What is the problem with the communication between the coaches?

Is that the players faults?
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    I have waited to bring this up until late in the season.

What is the problem with the communication between the coaches?

Is that the players faults?
    Make no mistake, the O line players leave something to be desired. A lot of people want to place blame with Soloari on the play calling. But the play calling has been so pathetically consistent, that Herm is instructing Solari to play conservative. If the play calling were erratic and changed week to week, then I would say Solari has the blame. But when we run on first and second down for the majority of the season, there is no other explanation other than Solari is carrying out Herm's wishes.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

I think Solari had his hands tied by the "ball control / defense" of Herm.

Solari was the line coach and called all the blocking for those great plays a few yrs ago. I think he just needs a chance to open it up, with a few new offensive linemen, I think he could do great.
    You can only have one favorite team. There are no "second favorites".
    -- Chris, resident of Arrowhead East (St. Louis)

someone wil have to take the fall for this season. No way all coaches will be kept and we all no Herm isn't going anywhere. It's a good thing I have beer and whiskey.....

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    someone wil have to take the fall for this season. No way all coaches will be kept and we all no Herm isn't going anywhere. It's a good thing I have beer and whiskey.....
    It does help after the sting of another loss...

I refuse to let this ruin my Christmas though!

We had one with my GF's family today, and we get my family tomorrow!

Merry Christmas everyone!

Last edited by hermhater; 12-23-2007 at 10:29 PM.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Fire the GM, head coach, OC, QB coach, all QB's (maybe keep Damon for like 3rd string if he doesn't retire or Herm doesn't get him killed) and everybody on the o-line except Wiegmann, Waters, and Mac.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    Fire the GM, head coach, OC, QB coach, all QB's (maybe keep Damon for like 3rd string if he doesn't retire or Herm doesn't get him killed) and everybody on the o-line except Wiegmann, Waters, and Mac.
    You might as well ask for the wind to stop blowing, or the sun to stop shining, or Jessica Alba to stop being hot!

It ain't gonna happen!

On a lighter note...

Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    Make no mistake, the O line players leave something to be desired. A lot of people want to place blame with Soloari on the play calling. But the play calling has been so pathetically consistent, that Herm is instructing Solari to play conservative. If the play calling were erratic and changed week to week, then I would say Solari has the blame. But when we run on first and second down for the majority of the season, there is no other explanation other than Solari is carrying out Herm's wishes.
    I agree 100%. This machine is running directly according to what Herm Edwards wants to do. Herm has been opening up the play calling in the last couple of games, and that is good to see.

I am not sure if the Chiefs run their organization like this or not, however, I was always under the impression that a team made a game plan which usually had the head coaches stamp on it. It was then up to the coordinators and other coaches to execute that game plan.

Unless Solari is calling plays that are outside the game plan, or is misreading the changes made by the other team, I would say that he is not totally to blame here. In my opinion, I think the guy has made some pretty good calls this season... I think he has had the shackles of Edwards on all season though.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12