Thread: This article is all over the place...

Default This article is all over the place...

I don't see anywhere in the article from KC Star about who has written this crap, It's hard to argue with a non-entity, so I won't.

It would be nice to have a coach that could evaluate and use talent.

Chiefs’ defense wish list

A number of Chiefs players haven’t panned out the way the team hoped. In January 2005, defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham gave general manager Carl Peterson a wish list of talent he thought could help the Chiefs’ defense reclaim its glory days. Here’s how those players have fared here:LB KENDRELL BELL (ABOVE)
    Before KC: Second-round draft choice by Pittsburgh. When healthy, was a fast, aggressive linebacker with pass-rush skills. Was a Pro Bowler as a rookie in 2001, when he had nine sacks, and Defensive Rookie of the Year.
    In KC: Not a good fit in the Chiefs’ system. In Pittsburgh, Bell played in the 3-4 defense, and the Steelers let him rush the quarterback in most passing situations. In the Chiefs’ 4-3 system, Bell was also asked to cover and had trouble with it.
    Quote: “I saw Kendrell Bell singlehandedly work over the Tennessee Titans’ offense. To me, he’s a bigger Anthony Davis, and Anthony Davis had a lot of explosion, so he could make plays other people couldn’t make.” — Cunningham
    Future: Not in Kansas City.
    S SAMMY KNIGHT
    Before KC: Nondrafted free agent played in New Orleans for six seasons and started every game his last four seasons. Went to Miami and started all 32 games. Played in the Pro Bowl after the 2001 season.
    In KC: Started every game at strong safety.
    Quote: “It’s a good fit. I have to tell you, we had him tabbed as one of the best safeties in the league.” — Peterson
    Future: Cut by the Chiefs in March 2007. Signed with Jacksonville in August. Has 78 solo tackles.
    DE CARLOS HALL
    Before KC: Was a player that Cunningham coached while with the Titans and wanted to keep in his fold.
    In KC: Started only two games with 12 solo tackles in 2005. Battled injuries and rarely practiced in training camp after Herm Edwards arrived. Edwards took that as a sign that he wouldn’t be able to count on him.
    Quote: “His best game is rushing the passer.” — Cunningham
    Future: Cut by the Chiefs before the 2006 season. Was picked up by Denver but has no stats.
    CB PATRICK SURTAIN
    Before KC: Second-round draft choice by Miami, one of the top cover cornerbacks in the NFL, three-time Pro Bowler.
    In KC: A very expensive player, he started showing his age and got beat a lot more often.
    Quote: “I think it’s ideal. If you want to get better on defense, having players with his ability makes it a lot easier. We’ve just got ourselves a good cover corner, a proven big-time player.” — former coach Dick Vermeil
    Future: Not in Kansas City.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/story/418416.html
    Last edited by hermhater; 12-26-2007 at 03:29 AM.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png