Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So who still thinks.....

Default So who still thinks.....

.....that Brodie Croyle was going to save the season?
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

Official thread killer I have heard.

Quote Originally Posted by stlchief View Post
    Croyle has skills - no one disputed that. But after some starts, he is still making stupid decisions. I don't think time will fix that.

But, I am sure he will be our starter next year. Hopefully the line will improve. If they do, we should do better, but I don't think he will take us to the play-offs. Bad decisions kill a team more than a slow release...

That said, I think we should give Croyle next season -- another in the rebuilding process -- to prove himself. I'll support him and the Chiefs that long.

Then if he has not improved, I'll still support the Chiefs...
    manning made 28 stupid decisions in his rookie year. Get off your high horse man.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    First years-

John Elway Comp% 47.5, TD 7, INT 14
    Peyton Manning Comp% 56.7, TD 26, INT 28
    Terry Bradshaw Comp% 38.1, TD 4, INT 24
    Rich Gannon Comp% 52.1, TD 16, INT 16
    Jeff Garcia Comp% 60.0, TD 11, INT 11
    Warren Moon Comp% 57.6, TD 12, INT 14
    Phil Simms Comp% 50.6, TD 13, INT 14
    Steve Young Comp% 52.2, TD 3, INT 8
    Troy Aikman Comp% 52.9, TD 9, INT 18

All these great QBs had pretty rough starts. Had they not been given another year or two, we would never have ever heard of them. There have only been a handful of great QBs that can come out of college and start playing at the NFL level right away.

And what exactly does Croyle have to work with? Bowe and Gonzales. Both of whom draw the best coverage a defense can give. That leaves old man Kennison(and he wasn't even there for the first half of the season), Sammie "I like to drop footballs" Parker and an unproven Jeff Webb.
    Webb did make a catch where he made sure to plant both feet before stepping out of bounds. He's learning too.
    Everything happens for a reason.

nO ONE SAID bRODIE WAS GOING TO SAVE THE SEASON GET OVER YOUR SELF. tHIS IS HIS FIRST SEMI STARTING YEAR. wITH THE o-LINE IN THERE THERE ISNT A qb IN THE LEAGUE THAT WOULD HAVE DONE MUCH BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    nO ONE SAID bRODIE WAS GOING TO SAVE THE SEASON GET OVER YOUR SELF. tHIS IS HIS FIRST SEMI STARTING YEAR. wITH THE o-LINE IN THERE THERE ISNT A qb IN THE LEAGUE THAT WOULD HAVE DONE MUCH BETTER.
    Turn off your caps lock will ya.

Quote Originally Posted by sling58 View Post
    .....that Brodie Croyle was going to save the season?
    this is exactly why he should've been the starter from day one. Now that we're gonna have a top 5 or 10 draft pick, we would have better knowledge as to what Brodie is capable of. Then we could make a better decision about whether to take a QB or OL.... Jake Long will be tough to pass on....but so will Matt Ryan.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    this is exactly why he should've been the starter from day one. Now that we're gonna have a top 5 or 10 draft pick, we would have better knowledge as to what Brodie is capable of. Then we could make a better decision about whether to take a QB or OL.... Jake Long will be tough to pass on....but so will Matt Ryan.
    Easy decision. Long.

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I personally would have liked to see Huard out sooner, but with this O-Line if Croyle would have been in from day 1 he prolly would have been on IR already and then everyone would be wanting to throw him under the bus. His injuries worry me some but dont know if that is that he is fragile or that Herm is an idiot and the O-Line is pathetic. My guess is that Bruce Willis in unbreakable would have been injured behind this line, look how many times Huard has been hurt this year.

I think this was a good start to a career from Croyle, but also think it is too early to tell whether or not he will be any good. He seems to make good decisions and has a strong arm and a quick release, if this O-Line doesn't scare him like Carr got scared in Houston, Croyle could be really good if not great.

Lets see, J.A. can play DE, J.A can play TE, can Jared play QB?

I think Brodie will keep improving, I am concerned about his survival! If we don't get some major improvements on the O-line, no Qb is going to survive a full season.

I have read this thread, and not heard much about the terrible play calling all season? That has as much, if not more effect on a QB's ability to have a good season, as the poor O line.

I respect how he went after the guy who was running back one of his interceptions, but why a QB would run into a PACK of blockers to get to the ball carrier is beyond me.

No QB would have good, or even decent, numbers with the combo of the O line and this terrible play calling.

Merry Christmas everyone!
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast