Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So who still thinks.....

Default So who still thinks.....

.....that Brodie Croyle was going to save the season?
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

Official thread killer I have heard.

Quote Originally Posted by sling58 View Post
    .....that Brodie Croyle was going to save the season?
    It looks to me that brodie is gonna be like mcnab out for half of every season with injury

I had hopes that Brodie would do well, Guess Huard wasnt that bad afterall. We had better production overall with Huard this season. Bet we are shopping for a QB in the offseason. Neither QB we have should be considered anything but a back up as far as I am Concerned. Was Thigpen Hurt Sunday ? I heard on 101 the Fox that Sippio was our emergency QB for yesterdays game.

Based on these first few posts, you guy would have dumped Manning after his first year.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    Based on these first few posts, you guy would have dumped Manning after his first year.
    No kidding! Guys, he's played all of a few games in his first year as starter. Do you honestly expect him to go in and perform miracles? I never thought he would save our season. I knew when he finally started the season was over. I just wanted to get him some playing time. He has the same terrible line that kept Huard on the ground all season. Wasting any pick in the draft would cement Carls stupidity. Stick with Croyle and I really think he will get better. He needs help up front and time.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    Exactly. Was he going to save the season and win every game? No. Has he been developing and learning? Yes. He's learning to throw the ball away when pressured, he's learning how to hit our receivers, his release is good, he remains composed. Yes, he made a mistake yesterday. How many times did Huard get sacked? Nothing against Huard. I'm just saying his release is slower than Croyle's. With our Oline, you've got to get the ball out of your hands. I think that Croyle will continue to improve once we get a few new Olinemen. Poor guy, everyone wants him in to see what he can do, but are ready to discard him just because he hasn't won and makes mistakes. I believe someone else said it. Time. Everyone wants everything right now. Can't say I blame people, but geesh!
    Everything happens for a reason.

I'm not worried as much about his mistakes, rather than his ability to stay healthy. I know it would be easier for him with a better O-line, but still come on.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Croyle has skills - no one disputed that. But after some starts, he is still making stupid decisions. I don't think time will fix that.

But, I am sure he will be our starter next year. Hopefully the line will improve. If they do, we should do better, but I don't think he will take us to the play-offs. Bad decisions kill a team more than a slow release...

That said, I think we should give Croyle next season -- another in the rebuilding process -- to prove himself. I'll support him and the Chiefs that long.

Then if he has not improved, I'll still support the Chiefs...
    You can only have one favorite team. There are no "second favorites".
    -- Chris, resident of Arrowhead East (St. Louis)

Quote Originally Posted by stlchief View Post
    Croyle has skills - no one disputed that. But after some starts, he is still making stupid decisions. I don't think time will fix that.

But, I am sure he will be our starter next year. Hopefully the line will improve. If they do, we should do better, but I don't think he will take us to the play-offs. Bad decisions kill a team more than a slow release...

That said, I think we should give Croyle next season -- another in the rebuilding process -- to prove himself. I'll support him and the Chiefs that long.

What stupid mistake has he made more than once? Or more than just a very few times?

Not trying to argue. I want to know more about what to look for when I watch.
    Everything happens for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by stlchief View Post

First years-

John Elway Comp% 47.5, TD 7, INT 14
    Peyton Manning Comp% 56.7, TD 26, INT 28
    Terry Bradshaw Comp% 38.1, TD 4, INT 24
    Rich Gannon Comp% 52.1, TD 16, INT 16
    Jeff Garcia Comp% 60.0, TD 11, INT 11
    Warren Moon Comp% 57.6, TD 12, INT 14
    Phil Simms Comp% 50.6, TD 13, INT 14
    Steve Young Comp% 52.2, TD 3, INT 8
    Troy Aikman Comp% 52.9, TD 9, INT 18

All these great QBs had pretty rough starts. Had they not been given another year or two, we would never have ever heard of them. There have only been a handful of great QBs that can come out of college and start playing at the NFL level right away.

And what exactly does Croyle have to work with? Bowe and Gonzales. Both of whom draw the best coverage a defense can give. That leaves old man Kennison(and he wasn't even there for the first half of the season), Sammie "I like to drop footballs" Parker and an unproven Jeff Webb.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast