Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Croyle likely to start in 2008

Default Croyle likely to start in 2008

The kid has a cannon for an arm….let’s hope he develops in the off-season

http://www.sportsultra.com/nfl/playe....jsp?cp=f&a=30

he damn well better be the starter. If we even consider Huard again I will scream.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

The issue isn't with Huard being the starter, it seems from the comments posted after the article bighitstick posted, that Chiefs fans are looking for us to pick up another QB in the draft.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

That is a waste of a draft pick then. We need to bolter the line and find a CB first. If they can get another Tom Brady in the 6 slot then fine.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Correct. If ANYONE besides a CB and an OL is drafted in the first three rounds, I'm going to be ticked off.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    That is a waste of a draft pick then. We need to bolter the line and find a CB first. If they can get another Tom Brady in the 6 slot then fine.
    Yep...

Quote Originally Posted by PawnshopMarimba View Post
    Correct. If ANYONE besides a CB and an OL is drafted in the first three rounds, I'm going to be ticked off.
    ...and Yep!

With this terrible losing streak we should be able to get an outstanding O lineman, and a pretty good corner.

Let's see how bad Herm can screw up this draft.

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    he damn well better be the starter. If we even consider Huard again I will scream.
    ...And you don't want to hear Guru scream!

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    ...And you don't want to hear Guru scream!
    I've never heard him really even raise his voice.
    Everything happens for a reason.

Yes as I said on another thread today, I think Brodie as our starter in '08 is our best bet to go with. Don't give up on him yet, he may well become great.

By the way, when I've talked football with Philly fans here and we talk about the trouble the Chiefs are having, a lot of them say it's because Larry Johnson got injured. Now I know these folks don't follow the Chiefs enough to be equipped to engage in a hardcore Chiefs discussion (for example, hardly any Philly fan I've talked to even knows Brodie Croyle has been the Chiefs starter!) but that does seem to be a valid point. I know there's other factors for our 8 game losing streak, but don't you think it is true that had LJ not got injured we would have pulled out some of these close games, like Oakland, Indi, Tennessee and Detroit?

Quote Originally Posted by IlovetheChiefs View Post
    Yes as I said on another thread today, I think Brodie as our starter in '08 is our best bet to go with. Don't give up on him yet, he may well become great.

By the way, when I've talked football with Philly fans here and we talk about the trouble the Chiefs are having, a lot of them say it's because Larry Johnson got injured. Now I know these folks don't follow the Chiefs enough to be equipped to engage in a hardcore Chiefs discussion (for example, hardly any Philly fan I've talked to even knows Brodie Croyle has been the Chiefs starter!) but that does seem to be a valid point. I know there's other factors for our 8 game losing streak, but don't you think it is true that had LJ not got injured we would have pulled out some of these close games, like Oakland, Indi, Tennessee and Detroit?
    Honestly, I don't think it would have mattered.

I actually think Kolby has had a pretty good year, and has ran better than LJ behind this line.

LJ has been pissed off at Herm since the beginning of the season, and never really got his mind into the games.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast