Thread: Some worthless information posted by Fox Sports...

Default Some worthless information posted by Fox Sports...

Chiefs at Jets

It took heavy negotiating for the Kansas City Chiefs to secure Herman Edwards' rights from the New York Jets with a fourth-round draft pick. These teams didn't expect to be jostling for position near the top of next April's draft.

Edwards will face the Jets for the first time since being pried away by the Chiefs when the teams conclude their disappointing seasons at the Meadowlands on Sunday.When Dick Vermeil retired following the 2005 season, Kansas City wanted Edwards to be his successor and ultimately had to part with a draft pick after more than a week of intense haggling. Edwards was still under contract with New York, and had just finished his fifth season there with a 4-12 record.

The Jets were looking for a change and allowed Edwards to leave, then went to the playoffs the following season with a 10-6 record under first-year coach Eric Mangini. Edwards also went 10-6 with a postseason berth in his first season with the Chiefs.

Kansas City (4-11) and New York (3-12), however, have suffered major setbacks. They are two of three teams that qualified for the 2006 playoffs but have posted double-digit losses in 2007. Baltimore is 4-11 after going 13-3 in 2006.

Edwards' tough final season with the Jets gave Mangini the benefit of having the fourth overall pick in the 2006 draft in his first offseason as a head coach. Now, Mangini and New York will likely have one of the first five selections in the draft again.
    The Chiefs, who have lost eight straight for the first time since a nine-game skid in 1987, also will have a top pick. This is Kansas City's worst season since Carl Peterson arrived as president and general manager in 1989.

"We've had some opportunities," Edwards said. "We've had them every week, but we just can't get it done."

The Chiefs have struggled without Larry Johnson (foot) over the last seven games, and Edwards confirmed Monday that the star running back would not play in the season finale. The two-time Pro Bowler tried to return to practice last week, but apparently suffered a setback.

Edwards also said quarterback Brodie Croyle is questionable for Sunday's game. The second-year pro, who has been disappointing in five starts, bruised his hand in a 25-20 loss to Detroit last Sunday.

Damon Huard will start if Croyle can't play.
    "I'm hoping he can play this week," Edwards said. "Another week of him playing will help him and help us to evaluate. He's a guy we like - a guy who we think has some talent. We just have to wait and see."

In 2002, Edwards likely saved the Jets' season by giving Chad Pennington a chance to run the offense. Pennington made his first career start in a 29-22 loss to Kansas City on Oct. 6, 2002, but led New York to eight wins in its final 11 games en route to winning the AFC East.

Two shoulder surgeries and two offensive coordinators later, Pennington has been relegated to the bench in favor of 24-year-old Kellen Clemens.

Pennington, though, has taken most of the snaps over the past two weeks after Clemens injured his ribs and possibly his left shoulder in a 20-10 loss to New England on Dec. 16. Pennington was 26-of-32 for 264 yards while starting for Clemens against Tennessee last Sunday, but was constantly pressured and threw two costly interceptions in a 10-6 loss.

Clemens' status for Sunday is uncertain.
    "You'd like to see him be able to play if he can play, but the important thing is that he's able to play at a level that gives us the best chance to win," Mangini said. "That's what I'm going to gauge throughout the course of the week."

With unsteady play at quarterback and a porous offensive line, the Jets are averaging 17.0 points per game to rank 24th in the league. The Chiefs, meanwhile, have gotten steady play from their defense during what has been an otherwise dismal season.

Kansas City is 13th in the NFL in total defense, allowing 318.3 yards per game. The Chiefs haven't finished in the top 15 in that category since ranking 14th in 1999 (314.9 ypg). They also rank sixth in pass defense, allowing 192.3 yards a contest.
    New York, meanwhile, has been able to improve on defense over the second half of the season. The Jets have given up an average of 15.7 points over their last four games.

Mangini, hired by the Jets after serving as New England's defensive coordinator under Bill Belichick, has had mixed results employing a 3-4 scheme with New York after the team was built to play a 4-3 alignment under Edwards.

"I didn't really look at it in terms of his stamp," Mangini said of the transition from Edwards' defensive philosophy. "I looked at it in terms of the things that we were trying to do and how we were trying to move forward."

This will be the first meeting between Kansas City and New York since Sept. 11, 2005, when the Chiefs won 27-7. These teams will also play at the Meadowlands next season, but the date has not yet been announced.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/preview?gameId=20071230020
    Last edited by hermhater; 12-27-2007 at 02:52 AM.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

What the hell is this guy really trying to say?
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

You showed up at the right time...

Here is an interesting article about why Herm won't talk about why he left NY.

More and more secrecy from this guy... He won't even tell us what is wrong with LJ.

Herm not nostalgic about time with Jets

December 27, 2007 Kansas City Chiefs coach Herman Edwards, who left after coaching the Jets for five seasons (2001-05), will be back on Sunday at Giants Stadium to face his former team and many fans who were angry about his departure.
    Edwards guided the Jets into the playoffs in the 2001, 2002 and 2004 seasons. They were 2-3 in the postseason under him.

The Jets received a fourth-round pick from the Chiefs in exchange for Edwards, who had two years left on his contract with Gang Green.

Edwards spoke on a conference call yesterday about his run with the Jets, but he declined to discuss details on how his term ended with the team.

On if he is excited to be returning to the Meadowlands ...

"I don't know about excited, but it's the last stop of our season and it's been a tough one."

On his reception from the fans ...

"I really don't know. It's not about the reception I'm going to get — it's more about playing a football game. That's the most important thing."

On if he's bothered about the public perception about him leaving the Jets ...

"Not really because no one really knows what happened. There were a lot of stories written without getting all the information. Obviously, you don't know what really happened. I wouldn't talk about it and the Jets haven't talked about it, which was the right thing to do because it was an in-house situation where both parties understood where it was going."

On if he was appreciated enough for the success he had in New York ...

"You don't worry about that, you really don't. Me, as a person, I've learned from my parents, that you do the best you can with what you have. I'm not trying to please people. If you try to please people, you're going to get yourself in a problem because you can't please everybody, and that's OK."

On looking back to his five years in New York ...

"I'm very pleased with the way we did some things there. We didn't do everything right, we didn't do everything wrong. We had some good times, had a lot of fun. We played in some playoff games and won a couple, and I think that's important. But we didn't get the ring. That's the shame of it."

http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbc...-1/rss02/gnews

More and more embarrassing by the quote...
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

"Me, as a person, I've learned from my parents, that you do the best you can with what you have. I'm not trying to please people."

Hey Herm, what happened to making chicken salad out of chicken sheet?

Quit throwing the players under the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    "Me, as a person, I've learned from my parents, that you do the best you can with what you have. I'm not trying to please people."

Hey Herm, what happened to making chicken salad out of chicken sheet?

Quit throwing the players under the bus.
    Especially when you let the best player for the position go!

I have been reading up on Herm's nepotism, and why Drummond is the returner, and it looks worse than I had ever imagined.

It seems Herm is taking this Head Coach job as a free ticket to give the Chiefs money to the players he wants on the team, rather than those that have talent.

I may have been wrong about his ability to evaluate talent, and the fact is he knows who is good, just decides to pick and choose from his favorites.

More disturbing than I had previously imagined.

Sniper... Rifle...

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Especially when you let the best player for the position go!

I have been reading up on Herm's nepotism, and why Drummond is the returner, and it looks worse than I had ever imagined.

It seems Herm is taking this Head Coach job as a free ticket to give the Chiefs money to the players he wants on the team, rather than those that have talent.

I may have been wrong about his ability to evaluate talent, and the fact is he knows who is good, just decides to pick and choose from his favorites.

More disturbing than I had previously imagined.

Sniper... Rifle...
    The fact that Drummond is still taking the field is a complete embarrassment.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    The fact that Drummond is still taking the field is a complete embarrassment.
    This is classic Carl philosophy.

We have chosen to give a guy money and by damn we are gonna play him into the ground.

Fits very well with Herm's philosophy it seems.

Get rid of them both.

Let's have TG be starting TE as well as O coordinator. I think he learned a lot from Vermiel.

You're right, this information is useless.

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    You're right, Herm is useless.
    FYR!

Quote Originally Posted by bryonc View Post
    FYR!
    Him too.