Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Change at QB!

Default Change at QB!

With the news of the Chiefs resigning Huard and asking Green to take a pay cut, it sounds like we will have a changing of the guard. I'm guessing that I'm in the minority here, but I am OK with the change. I'd love to be able to keep Green. But I'd rather have Huard start the season. If he stinks it up, then we can go back to Green. What do you guys think?????? Here is the full story:
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/index.php...d=173&Itemid=2

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

i think huard was a 8 game wonder. he has never shown in the past that he is "the man" for any team. green seemed to do alright with dickie`s offense but i dont think he can do as good under boringball. green`s salary willbe a hit on the cap now or june 1st.
    i
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Well, I'd kinda like to keep Green as starting QB, until it is aparent that he is unable to do the job. Huard is a decent backup, and I don't believe any QB will do great with hermie ball

You guys are probably right about keeing Green at QB. Hopefully we can keep him signed as well. But, I just wonder if we have something special sitting on the sidelines. I don't see Green as the long term solution. He has contemplated retirement in the past.

It just seems that this team isn't one year away from a superbowl. So why not put the kid in and let him learn and also see what you got. We're going to have to make some decisions regarding Croyle at some point as well. How do you decide what to do with Croyle if you don't know what you've got with Huard.

LJ is young. Tony G has some years left. I'd love to see us get a bonafide #1 WR to complete this threat. Insert a young Qb and we have some staying power on offense.

Let Herm work his magic on D. Then maybe in a couple of years we can threaten to win our division again.

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    You guys are probably right about keeing Green at QB. Hopefully we can keep him signed as well. But, I just wonder if we have something special sitting on the sidelines. I don't see Green as the long term solution. He has contemplated retirement in the past.

It just seems that this team isn't one year away from a superbowl. So why not put the kid in and let him learn and also see what you got. We're going to have to make some decisions regarding Croyle at some point as well. How do you decide what to do with Croyle if you don't know what you've got with Huard.

LJ is young. Tony G has some years left. I'd love to see us get a bonafide #1 WR to complete this threat. Insert a young Qb and we have some staying power on offense.

Let Herm work his magic on D. Then maybe in a couple of years we can threaten to win our division again.

Sounds like a plan to me. :)

If we don't fix that line, no one will be a great QB for us.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Smile

It is a thought, Coach, unless some major changes in the offense line happens, I don't see Green lasting, He took some major hits, and on a aging QB they begin to add up. The youngster may be more mobile, I don't know, but if he is the future, it wouldn't hurt to see what he is made out of. I agree with the rest of your assessments, we are at the stage where we will either improve, or sink in the sea of mediocrity, with just an average team.

:sterb200: :sterb200:
    Go Chiefs Eleven, win
    in 2007!!:fighting0068:

If I were going to sum up the last 7 years of Chiefs football, I think mediocrity would be a good word to describe it. Maybe even longer than that.

If this isn't a sign and trade deal, I think Green is gone. We are now paying almost $11 million/yr to QB's. Seems excessive when you don't even know who the #1 QB is.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    If we don't fix that line, no one will be a great QB for us.

Excellent point; that, IMO, needs to be the drafts number one concern.

If I were going to sum up the last 7 years of Chiefs football, I think mediocrity would be a good word to describe it. Maybe even longer than that.

If this isn't a sign and trade deal, I think Green is gone. We are now paying almost $11 million/yr to QB's. Seems excessive when you don't even know who the #1 QB is.
    At some point I would really like to see what Croyle can do.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast