Thread: hmm...part 2

Default hmm...part 2

A league source tells us that veteran coach Marty Schottenheimer is trying to finagle full control over the football operations in Atlanta.

Per the source, Schottenheimer is privately saying that he’s in line to run the show in Kansas City, when President/G.M. Carl Peterson and coach Herm Edwards are fired after the 2007 season ends.

The only problem? Peterson and Edwards aren’t going anywhere.

So what gives? The theories making the rounds are that Schottenheimer is simply mistaken, or that he’s intentionally puffing in order to get the Falcons to give him what he wants.

Meanwhile, Falcons owner Arthur Blank has retained former Giants G.M. Ernie Accorsi to assist in the search for a new G.M. and coach.

Blank turned to Accorsi after Bill Parcells used the Falcons’ offer as leverage to get a deal done with the Dolphins. But is Accorsi really all that different than the in-house G.M. whom Blank has suddenly decided to ignore?

Like Rich McKay, Accorsi enjoys a relationship with the media that insulates him from criticism. Indeed, no one (except us) has ever pointed out that Accorsi is the mad scientist who thought it would be wise to concoct a turd stew that featured personalities like Tiki Barber, Michael Strahan, Jeremy Shockey, and Plaxico Burress.

And then Accorsi gave up the fourth overall pick, another first-rounder, and more to acquire the rights to quarterback Eli Manning, a mealy-mouthed milequetoast with the leadership skills of a baked potato.

Finally, Accorsi hired a red-faced drill instructor to whip them all into shape.

But Accorsi’s involvement favors Schottenheimer. The question is whether Schottenheimer can get Accorsi to recommend to Blank that one guy should hold all of the juice as the Falcons try to return to respectability.

Marty seemed to do a good job building the Chargers. I would NOT mind seeing him as the GM...just not the coach.

A league source tells us that Lions offensive coordinator Mike Martz is actively looking for similar work with other NFL teams.

This strongly suggests that Martz knows that he’ll soon be relieved of his duties in Detroit.

Martz, the former head coach of the Rams, rose to prominence as the offensive coordinator under Dick Vermeil, when the Rams came out of nowhere to win Super Bowl XXXIV. Martz became the head coach of the Rams when Vermeil retired after the Super Bowl win.

His final season in St. Louis was marred by a bacterial heart infection and in-fighting with the front office. He has extensive experience at the college level, and he has also worked for the Redskins.

For those who loved the Vermeil era, how would y'all like Martz as the new OC? Honestly, i wouldn't mind seeing Herm as HC, Gunther as DC and Martz as OC....

Anything is better than Solari.

Where are you finding all of this?

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Agreed I looked everywhere and this info is not to be found, I am really wanting to believe it, as it would make this miserable season tolerable. I dont know what I think of Marty as GM but man something has to change.

http://profootballtalk.com

I figured y'all knew about this site already. Apparently it's run by some lawyer with extremely good contacts in most NFL franchises.

I thought I'd never say this but after this years debacle I would actually welcome Marty back; anyone would be better the Herm.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I thought I'd never say this but after this years debacle I would actually welcome Marty back; anyone would be better the Herm.
    I would welcome Marty back if we could get someone else to call the plays and make the decisions in the playoffs!

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Marty would be a great GM he has alway found and got the best coaches and people around him to get the job job done just look who his ***. coachs were and where they ended up and the sucsess they have had..Marty can get it done!!

Quote Originally Posted by for ever red View Post
    Marty would be a great GM he has alway found and got the best coaches and people around him to get the job job done just look who his ***. coachs were and where they ended up and the sucsess they have had..Marty can get it done!!
    I agree 100%!

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by for ever red View Post
    I remember him losing playoff games as a Brown's coach, and then lived through a lot of losses while he was trying to get the Chiefs to the Super Bowl.

He did better than the current coach, but that's not saying much.

Look at their win-loss record and the difference is obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    I agree 100%!
    Crack the whip!

Those rats are getting too lazy!

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png