Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: WTF-Chad Pennington to KC

Default WTF-Chad Pennington to KC

while watching the NFL network one of them said Herm will be glad to be in NY and see some of his old players and possibly evaluate Chad Pennington and work out a trade for him as he will be a free agent after this year.

Just what we need another Jets throw off. Somebody please tell me this can't happen. While we may need another QB does anyone with half a brain think Chado is even a good back up.

I've about had it with this BS, anybody want my season tickets cause if they trade for anymore never was players and coaches I'm just going to watch from home. (I've always been and always will be a Chiefs fan but this is getting STUPID)

I'm about to say something I thought I would never say

BRING BACK MARTYBALL
    Wait until next year

nothing? really? :sign0163:

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    How was the defense before he got here?
    CARL was the one who destroyed the offense. Herm kept Dick's staff. Carl didn't want to pay to keep Saunders. Herm has done NOTHING to the offense. It got old. Carl didn't draft correctly and you're seeing the result.

You say Herm hasn't drafted any O-linemen since he's been here, but what did Vermeil do? He asked Carl for a couple free agents...they traded a play-making WR for an OT, also allowed an All-Pro OT to leave in FA. Other than that, the line was in place. Hell, he didn't even want LJ!!

Please, show me another play maker Vermeil drafted as he built this "championship caliber offense." Don't forget, it did take him a couple years to build that offense. Hell, Herm has already done more for the offense in the draft than Vermeil EVER did. Two starting WRs, a starting QB and a #2 RB.

Herm has been a head coach for only a few seasons and you want to compare him to these long-tenured coaches like Cowher and Vermeil.

So, besides the old O-line, old QB and injured Super Star RB, what makes YOU think he won't make this team a winner? The Jets' offense sure as hell could run the ball when he was there. They couldn't ever throw because Pennington couldn't stay healthy...due to the O-line or whatever.

Herm and Carl have said they are rebuilding this O-line, so with a rebuilt O-line, a healthy LJ and Kolby Smith, D-Bowe and Gonzo and a (God willing) healthy QB, this offense will be fine as long as they get an OC who can call a good game.

They are having to rebuild this ENTIRE team. The defense was first and now they are going to the offensive side of the ball....and you know what? they probably won't be too great next year if they rebuild thru the draft like they said they will. The Chiefs need at least 3 O-linemen this offseason. If they're all rookies, it won't be pretty.

Rebuilding franchises takes growing pains and patients. Obviously not something you have. Hopefully, when they are a .500 team next season, Mr. Hunt will see the progress made and won't listen to fair weather fans and stick with Herm. Otherwise, in a few years, the new coach will be riding the wave Herm created.

Too bad Carl and Dick couldn't have drafted better to provide a more capable offense for Herm. But, that's what happens when you build thru Free Agency and not the draft. Just look at the 6 drafts before Herm:

1 LB Derrick Johnson
    3 P Dustin Colquitt-
    4 WR Craphonso Thorpe-
    5 LB Boomer Grigsby
    5 CB Alphonso Hodge
    6 T Will Svitek
    6 DE Khari Long
    7 QB James Kilian
    7 T Jeremy Parquet

2 DT Junior Siavii
    2 TE Kris Wilson
    3 LB Keyaron Fox
    4 WR Samie Parker
    4 DE Jared Allen
    6 WR Jeris McIntyre
    7 T Kevin Sampson

1 RB Larry Johnson
    2 LB Kawika Mitchell
    3 DB Julian Battle
    4 T Brett Williams
    5 T Jordan Black
    6 DE Jimmy Wilkerson
    7 DT Montique Sharpe
    7 S Willie Pile

1 DT Ryan Sims
    2 DT Eddie Freeman
    4 RB Omar Easy
    5 LB Scott Fujita
    7 LB Maurice Rodriguez

3 DT Eric Downing
    3 WR Marvin Minnis
    4 DE Monty Beisel
    4 RB George Layne
    5 TE Billy Baber
    5 RB Derrick Blaylock
    6 G Alex Sulfsted
    7 DB Shaunard Harts
    7 DT Terdell Sands

1 WR Sylvester Morris
    2 DB William Bartee
    3 DB Greg Wesley
    4 RB Frank Moreau
    5 RB Dante Hall
    5 DB Pat Dennis
    6 G Darnell Alford
    7 WR Desmond Kitchings

In summary you see 5 remaining starters from 46 draft picks.

Compared to Herm's 2 drafts which brought in:

1 WR Dwayne Bowe
    2 DT Turk McBride
    3 DT Tank Tyler
    4 RB Kolby Smith
    5 K Justin Medlock
    6 OT Herbert Taylor
    7 TE Michael Allen

1 DE Tamba Hali
    2 S Bernard Pollard
    3 QB Brodie Croyle
    5 CB Marcus Maxey
    6 G Tre Stallings
    6 WR Jeff Webb
    7 S Jarrad Page

7 starters from 14 picks.

Please explain to me how when you're inheriting a team who has a total of 5 remaining players from the previous 6 drafts, you're going to make them a championship caliber team in 2 seasons. In no way, shape or form is the lack of talent on this team Herman Edward's fault. Dick Vermeil left him with a team who had a 9% hit rate in the draft and took it to a 50% hit rate in the last two seasons...and that's not including contributing players like Tank, Turk and possibly Tre Stallings.

While there was an obvious focus in the draft the past two years toward defense, (well besides the 8 of 14 offensive draft picks) it's not like the defense didn't need to be fixed first. They were in the basement long before the offense was and was in desperate need of a talent infusion.

Now that the offense is in desperate need of attention, I'm sure there will be more of a focus on that side of the ball....

Just give it time. success in the NFL doesn't come over night or by changing Head Coaches every other season.
    Thank you for proving my point.

How many of those drafts from Dick have been let go because Herm doesn't know talent?

That is my biggest problem with the guy. He is stupid.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

nothing? really? :sign0163:
    My ex wife called and said she was gonna send my son to military school.

I had more pressing issues to deal with.

I like the way you present your info but I totally disagree with Herm's ability to evaluate talent.

Also he has ignored the O line when he knew that we had 2 Hall of fame O linemen were gonna retire (because they knew Herm's philosophy).

I don't want to argue, I just want to learn more.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Thank you for proving my point.

How many of those drafts from Dick have been let go because Herm doesn't know talent?

That is my biggest problem with the guy. He is stupid.
    LMFAO!!!!!! Which players did he let go that were going to put this team over the top again?

LMFAO!!!!!! Which players did he let go that were going to put this team over the top again?

You're a joke.
    No need to insult people superstar. Sorry some people don't like Herm. I don't see how he has given a lot of KC fans a reason to like him. No one here wants to see him fail, but so far this team has gotten progressively worse since he showed up. Part of the head coaches job is to take the sh!t. I hope he does put together a kick *** team, but to this point we have lost some pro bowl lineman and he has done NOTHING about that. You don't find that even a little bit odd??
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Out of all those players, who has he released? Mitchell, Sims, Black....yeah, those guys were studs...let me tell ya

Out of all those players, who has he released? Mitchell, Sims, Black....yeah, those guys were studs...let me tell ya
    uh....I think Mitchell is part of a pretty good defense in NY is he not??
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

How was the defense before he got here?
    CARL was the one who destroyed the offense. Herm kept Dick's staff. Carl didn't want to pay to keep Saunders. Herm has done NOTHING to the offense. It got old. Carl didn't draft correctly and you're seeing the result.

You say Herm hasn't drafted any O-linemen since he's been here, but what did Vermeil do? He asked Carl for a couple free agents...they traded a play-making WR for an OT, also allowed an All-Pro OT to leave in FA. Other than that, the line was in place. Hell, he didn't even want LJ!!

Please, show me another play maker Vermeil drafted as he built this "championship caliber offense." Don't forget, it did take him a couple years to build that offense. Hell, Herm has already done more for the offense in the draft than Vermeil EVER did. Two starting WRs, a starting QB and a #2 RB.

Herm has been a head coach for only a few seasons and you want to compare him to these long-tenured coaches like Cowher and Vermeil.

So, besides the old O-line, old QB and injured Super Star RB, what makes YOU think he won't make this team a winner? The Jets' offense sure as hell could run the ball when he was there. They couldn't ever throw because Pennington couldn't stay healthy...due to the O-line or whatever.

Herm and Carl have said they are rebuilding this O-line, so with a rebuilt O-line, a healthy LJ and Kolby Smith, D-Bowe and Gonzo and a (God willing) healthy QB, this offense will be fine as long as they get an OC who can call a good game.

They are having to rebuild this ENTIRE team. The defense was first and now they are going to the offensive side of the ball....and you know what? they probably won't be too great next year if they rebuild thru the draft like they said they will. The Chiefs need at least 3 O-linemen this offseason. If they're all rookies, it won't be pretty.

Rebuilding franchises takes growing pains and patients. Obviously not something you have. Hopefully, when they are a .500 team next season, Mr. Hunt will see the progress made and won't listen to fair weather fans and stick with Herm. Otherwise, in a few years, the new coach will be riding the wave Herm created.

Too bad Carl and Dick couldn't have drafted better to provide a more capable offense for Herm. But, that's what happens when you build thru Free Agency and not the draft. Just look at the 6 drafts before Herm:

1 LB Derrick Johnson
    3 P Dustin Colquitt-
    4 WR Craphonso Thorpe-
    5 LB Boomer Grigsby
    5 CB Alphonso Hodge
    6 T Will Svitek
    6 DE Khari Long
    7 QB James Kilian
    7 T Jeremy Parquet

2 DT Junior Siavii
    2 TE Kris Wilson
    3 LB Keyaron Fox
    4 WR Samie Parker
    4 DE Jared Allen
    6 WR Jeris McIntyre
    7 T Kevin Sampson

1 RB Larry Johnson
    2 LB Kawika Mitchell
    3 DB Julian Battle
    4 T Brett Williams
    5 T Jordan Black
    6 DE Jimmy Wilkerson
    7 DT Montique Sharpe
    7 S Willie Pile

1 DT Ryan Sims
    2 DT Eddie Freeman
    4 RB Omar Easy
    5 LB Scott Fujita
    7 LB Maurice Rodriguez

3 DT Eric Downing
    3 WR Marvin Minnis
    4 DE Monty Beisel
    4 RB George Layne
    5 TE Billy Baber
    5 RB Derrick Blaylock
    6 G Alex Sulfsted
    7 DB Shaunard Harts
    7 DT Terdell Sands

1 WR Sylvester Morris
    2 DB William Bartee
    3 DB Greg Wesley
    4 RB Frank Moreau
    5 RB Dante Hall
    5 DB Pat Dennis
    6 G Darnell Alford
    7 WR Desmond Kitchings

In summary you see 5 remaining starters from 46 draft picks.

Compared to Herm's 2 drafts which brought in:

1 WR Dwayne Bowe
    2 DT Turk McBride
    3 DT Tank Tyler
    4 RB Kolby Smith
    5 K Justin Medlock
    6 OT Herbert Taylor
    7 TE Michael Allen

1 DE Tamba Hali
    2 S Bernard Pollard
    3 QB Brodie Croyle
    5 CB Marcus Maxey
    6 G Tre Stallings
    6 WR Jeff Webb
    7 S Jarrad Page

7 starters from 14 picks.

Please explain to me how when you're inheriting a team who has a total of 5 remaining players from the previous 6 drafts, you're going to make them a championship caliber team in 2 seasons. In no way, shape or form is the lack of talent on this team Herman Edward's fault. Dick Vermeil left him with a team who had a 9% hit rate in the draft and took it to a 50% hit rate in the last two seasons...and that's not including contributing players like Tank, Turk and possibly Tre Stallings.

While there was an obvious focus in the draft the past two years toward defense, (well besides the 8 of 14 offensive draft picks) it's not like the defense didn't need to be fixed first. They were in the basement long before the offense was and was in desperate need of a talent infusion.

Now that the offense is in desperate need of attention, I'm sure there will be more of a focus on that side of the ball....

Just give it time. success in the NFL doesn't come over night or by changing Head Coaches every other season.
    Most of your data is true, yet the concept of comparing drafts is a little skewed. The following players were starters in the NFL this year

Dante Hall (KR-StL)
    Kawicka Mitchell (LB-NYG)
    Jordan Black (T-Hou)
    Scott Fujita (LB-NO)

Just because these players left, doesn't mean they weren't good draft picks. The numbers are still in favor of the past 2 years, but I just wanted to point out the missing information.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Putting the team over the top was not my point.

Getting rid of Dante to give 3 mil to Drummond comes to mind as to why he doesn't recognize talent though.

He has neglected the most important part of a football team. The O line.

Bringing in a slow fat turd like McIntosh was his big fix?

You are the one talking about building from the draft (which I agree with, but Herm doesn't know how) so how is getting a slow fat turd through FA a good decision?

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    No need to insult people superstar. Sorry some people don't like Herm. I don't see how he has given a lot of KC fans a reason to like him. No one here wants to see him fail, but so far this team has gotten progressively worse since he showed up. Part of the head coaches job is to take the sh!t. I hope he does put together a kick *** team, but to this point we have lost some pro bowl lineman and he has done NOTHING about that. You don't find that even a little bit odd??
    You act like they didn't sign Free Agents last year to help the line. Isn't that what all of you want? To go back to the Vermeil era when he built thru Free agency? Again, Roaf retired AFTER his first draft. These past 2 drafts everyone has been screaming for a WR and y'all got one.

Now you would want to give up Bowe? You can't go into the draft thinking i'm only going to get O-linemen. you take the best available player. Hopefully they won't reach for an O-lineman this year if Long isn't available. If it's an OL they want, they need to trade down.

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast